Marketing Checkpoint

In some of the other discussions the problem of block words has come up and I thought that this would be a worth while subject,  maybe even the problem of block url's. I see the need for them but I think there needs to be something that will make this less of a problem and more us a solution.

I have found the problem of blocked words to be very restrictive with very little information about what is causing the problem. I would like to see more information about what is causing a blocked word problem. I find that I have to try to guess what is causing the problem. I don't deal in the adult market or in any of the shadow areas of the market but the blocked words problem thinks my subjects are from that area. When I look at the list of blocked words I see maybe 10 words none of which I am using and no indication as to what is causing the problem.

I would like to see this get to the webmasters of these sites such that they take steps to help me get my message out. It has taken me as much as a half hour to find a message that would work and that is a tremendous waste of my time. I think webmasters can do better than that.

Interesting, I've never ran into this problem when using mailers... I use a lot of mailers and have many different swipes I use, so I'm curious what would be getting blocked?

Your question is why I am interested in this Subject. Some blocked promos look great and I an find no problem with them but the mailer says there is a blocked word on top of that I get no help in identifying what is causing the block. The list of blocked words does not help that much.

It's very frustrating when that happens.  It would be wonderful if the program told us which word was in question, so we could change the script.  Once I had an article rejected because the word sex was embedded inside another word.  It took me 30 minutes to figure it out.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

It's very frustrating when that happens.  It would be wonderful if the program told us which word was in question, so we could change the script.  Once I had an article rejected because the word sex was embedded inside another word.  It took me 30 minutes to figure it out.

I agree, I have had a few like that happen to me also. The admin of the site is trying to stop junk from getting through but I think there must be a better way of doing it. Even with these block processes being applied junk still gets through.

A challenge for SL Admins find a better process please,

I just remembered where the word "sex" was hidden.  I was trying to promote a company called  Eprofitsextreme.

• 2 weeks later...

Frustrating,  frustrating, frustrating. I am trying to send a promo using Equus Safelist Mailer and my simple promos are being blocked with no hint as to what is causing the problem, I have tried changing the but to no avail. Sometimes a subject change will correct the problem but no this time. I wish the people responsible for the blocked words catcher would give more information to help correct the problem.

I just found this for you. Hope it helps! 

http://www.emailspamtest.com

http://lyris.com/us-en/contentchecker

http://bestanimations.com/Signs&Shapes/Arrows/animated-blue-arrow-down.gif

Email 1000 Random Members Daily Without Credits

members for free. NO CREDITS REQUIRED. Increase

your reach with credits and hercublurbs.

My #1 Source For Free Advertising On Autopilot

Reliable traffic service online for over 7 years. 2 ways

to start generating traffic on autopilot along with

several FREE marketing and lead generation tools.

Hey Jasond188,

I used your spam test above and it works.  Thanks.

Hey Jasond188,

I used your spam test above and it works.  Thanks.

Glad it helps!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried them with a promo I tried to use and whatever blocked the promo wasn't identified. Through experiment I got my promo to work.

The subjected that was rejected was: "Internet Millionaires Do All Of Your Training LIVE" The one that worked was: "Internet Millionaires Do Training". Why I still do not know. I will try to id more as I go on.

I get blocked because my username in some of the programs I use is adsexchanger.

As you can see the sex word in inside my username  :rolleyes:

I get blocked because my username in some of the programs I use is adsexchanger.

As you can see the sex word in inside my username  :rolleyes:

You would think that the blocked word processes would be able to handle  something of this nature. We need to somehow get this across to the programmers such that they can handle these in the future.

• 3 months later...

I did not realize it would block a word , within a word like you all are saying.. good to know.. as a owner of a mailer.. I usually get complaints from readers and try to do my best to solve a issue but in turn it just creates other problems with others ads.. 

would be something good to bring up to the people that developed the  lfmvm script..

Anything is possible if you are consistent and put yourself out there.. 

Diane Mumm

http://MountainHighMailer.com

http://MountainHighMailer.info

I just ran into a blocked word problem at TWE-Safelist that was not only frustrating but cost me the better part of an hour. I finally gave up, I tried multiple messages and subjects and could find none that would work. If these block words processes are necessary I would like to see them be more specific but the process is very vague and I have to guess what the problem is. I hate losing this kind of time as it costs me more than it is worth. I wish I could get the sites using this stuff to turn it off or to give better guidelines.

I just ran into a blocked word problem at TWE-Safelist that was not only frustrating but cost me the better part of an hour. I finally gave up, I tried multiple messages and subjects and could find none that would work. If these block words processes are necessary I would like to see them be more specific but the process is very vague and I have to guess what the problem is. I hate losing this kind of time as it costs me more than it is worth. I wish I could get the sites using this stuff to turn it off or to give better guidelines.

I understand that it is frustrating I took my words off the block words list for now..I once was block for the word (important) ,  so it could be possible that owners don't realize if for example they block a phrase that each word will be on the block list.. With this new script in viral mailers it actually tells you the word.. so that helps.. 

always good to contact support so they see what your are seeing otherwise they may never realize their is a issue.. and maybe didn't know too..

Anything is possible if you are consistent and put yourself out there.. 

Diane Mumm

http://MountainHighMailer.com

http://MountainHighMailer.info

I understand that it is frustrating I took my words off the block words list for now..I once was block for the word (important) ,  so it could be possible that owners don't realize if for example they block a phrase that each word will be on the block list.. With this new script in viral mailers it actually tells you the word.. so that helps.. 

always good to contact support so they see what your are seeing otherwise they may never realize their is a issue.. and maybe didn't know too..

I appreciate your reply. I think in an effort to stop spam the cure is worse than the problem. I think in this area it might be better to confront directly instead of by software.