Marketing Checkpoint

Paid Members Only Safelist ?

They are both actuallly providing the same service,which is to reach the list with your offers.We are looking to get either optins or signups for our offers.Now ,if it is paid members only or it is a free

safe list the service is providing the same thing to market to the list with our offers.

They are both actuallly providing the same service,which is to reach the list with your offers.We are looking to get either optins or signups for our offers.Now ,if it is paid members only or it is a free

safe list the service is providing the same thing to market to the list with our offers.

So it doesn't bother you when you send out a KILLER offer and check back to find only 1% to 2% of the 1600 emails you sent, were even opened? Then figure how many opened them just to get credits and your message may have been seen by only a handful of people. How much is that worth in hard dollars?

sig.jpg

So it doesn't bother you when you send out a KILLER offer and check back to find only 1% to 2% of the 1600 emails you sent, were even opened? Then figure how many opened them just to get credits and your message may have been seen by only a handful of people. How much is that worth in hard dollars?

Absolutely Oldbuddy!

I just chimed in here to agree with OB. I'm only testing one safelist (free) at the moment because in the past my returns didn't warrant the effort - especially when I had other marketing techniques that pull in a higher response. So, I'm not big on safelists, but this is a good topic.

I think the only true way to see if paid safelists are better than the ones that offer the free memberships is to test each safelist and come to your on conclusions.

I think people join paid safelists and just assume they'll get a better service because they paid for it.

Or they are drawn in by the old sales point 'we only have paid members so you can be sure our members *want* to spend their money'

However paid safelists still need members to read emails just the same as any other site to make them work.

How do they achieve a good CTR?

2500 FREE Credits at ViralAdStore.com for Marketing Checkpoint members!

Use Promo Code: marketingcheckpoint in the Members Area > My Account > Promo Codes

AdMaster Plus and Easy Cash List Building System are two pro mailers that I wouldn't be without.  It seems like some of the Dan Moses launches that I've JV'd on had a small fee to join, and I've always done really well with those, too.  Affordability is the key.  I DO like knowing that everyone I'm mailing to is an actual buyer.  Even the mailers mentioned in the original post bring me decent conversions in spite of their meager memberships.  But these paid sites are not the mainstay of my mailing regimen, by any means. Often the members of the free sites need my services the most, and the free members are what keeps my mailers active.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm only indicating what services both the mailers are providing.

• 5 weeks later...

You need free and paid member sites to keep them active and growing.. I belong to one that is very inactive as paid members receive many credits, then no need to earn credits .. therefore no one is looking at your ads.. this is my experience.. 

I am seeing that free members is what keeps our mailers thriving in the long run.. I have had many free members signup for what I promote, I don't see that so much with paid members sites..

so a combination of both is best ..

Anything is possible if you are consistent and put yourself out there.. 

Diane Mumm

http://MountainHighMailer.com

http://MountainHighMailer.info

• 2 weeks later...

Unless the pro mailer is able to get in a ton of new people consistently, which is extremely rare, I'd much rather advertise at a mailer that supports both free and paid members. Just because someone is a free member doesn't mean they won't spend money on something :)

I agree with Darren 100%!

I prefer to join programs that members can join for free with the option to upgrade.

Can you imagine having to have to buy a car or pay for a test drive before you bought it.

When I was selling cars, EVERY one MUST take a test drive before we could wheel and deal.