Photo

What Was Your First MLM / Networking Company?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 happydayz

happydayz

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:02 PM

Mine was Colesce Lingerie (I don't think they're still around!)

My mom was in Amway back in the day and even worked at the manufacturing plant that made the vitamins. She said it was one of the best jobs she ever had! (That's for all you Amway haters out there!) :D

#22 Shantell

Shantell

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 02:47 AM

My first introduction into MLM was Tupperware. (My mom sold it and loved it!) Personally my first was Avon. I now am with La Bella Baskets. Unfortunately I think MLM still gets a bad name, but i think it is a great way to earn extra income. 

I am the Proud Owner of Surf Web Ads. 

468.jpg

#23 Garrett Hutsko

Garrett Hutsko

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:07 AM

Hi Fellow MCP Members,

Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk) here.

I learned everything that I needed to know about Networking and Residual income from AMWAY.

Anyway, What was your first MLM / Networking Company?

Hi Fellow MCP Members,

I learned everything that I needed to know about Networking and Residual income from AMWAY.

Mine was also AMWAY. I think they are a great MLM but it takes to much to make it work. I still use many of the products and think they are good but pricey and getting people to join with you is a real challenge. I looked at the program when I was a teenager and tried it after I got out of the Army but never made it work.

#24 chrystalia

chrystalia

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:07 AM

Amway, Then Fuller Brush, Then Watkins. Also did Shaklee, Melaleuca,Nutrition For Life, and have been with SFI since the very beginning. I did well in all of them, but NOT at building networks, at sales. It drove my "uplines" nuts--because they got all kinds of beautiful "BV" from me, but their down lines didn't grow.

Every one that I quit before it collapsed, I quit because my uplines became so obnoxious. It's the same now--at the moment I am in Skinny Body Care as a "new" one. I tried their skin care products and loved them, so I decided to sel them for the heck of it. I signed up 8 customers in my first 3 days, and they all love the Ageless and the Instant Youth (I'm not pushing the weight loss stuff, the skin products are unique). All of them on autoship,

3 have increased their order, and I have 3 facial parties set up for next week (my own method of selling skin care products, stolen from Avon and Mary Kay LOL). And yet I have gotten 4 emails from my immediate sponsor wanting to know if I need help converting my customers to distributors, if I need help growing my distributor down line, and in the latest email she came perilously close to flat out asking me why I am sabotaging her network! For some reason, the majority of the people I end up under in an MLM have a problem with me wanting to actually sell product and use product rather than recruit more sales people. Go figure ;-)

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube....jigBC5GgEjEANLQ

#25 mseboniewin20161

mseboniewin20161

• Bronze
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBUFFALO NY

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

my first mlm company was Avon.. then I went 5LINX. 

Dream big.. create an impact that will change the world 

http://www.vstreamtv.com/eboniewarren2

http://www.syw.co/EbonieWarren

#26 zubeecollector

zubeecollector

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationIn Your Heart

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:14 PM

My first one is that one called justbeenpaid, made a nice income until that time when US start sweeping mlm sites and was forced to change ownership(according to the site).

sSitMpA.png

#27 helpforothers

helpforothers

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:09 AM

My First MLM Was Also Amway. I Started At The Age Of 16 & Was Made A Silver Distributor Instead Of A Regular. I Can Under My Parents. They Had Great Products For Their Time.

#28 Kevin J Timothy

Kevin J Timothy

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, Florida

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

HeHe...

This question brings back funny memories of when I was much 

immature and younger.  My first was Xcell...it was a telecom

startup from 2000.  They actually provided cellular service.

I had no idea how to market, much less the tech tools that

are out today was not even a concept then.  I recall pounding

local shopping malls for leads...

Wow...   :huh:

#29 ajay_dce

ajay_dce

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Locationindia

Posted 29 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

I remember getting my wife enrolled in one of the MLM program called Qnet. Absolute waste of money and time it is.

#30 rovidoc

rovidoc

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

Hi everyone,

Mine was Amway in 1998 :)

All the best, enjoy the weekend!

Rodica

#31 prec25

prec25

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 5 posts
  • LocationHoedspruit,Limpopo

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

My first Network Marketing Company is Forever Living Company and so far i'm loving it.

#32 davidweb09

davidweb09

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

Rankaroo is my first company join in 2011.

#33 Ray

Ray

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

My first networking company was quixtar. They really had a hanle on things.This is where you l learn all the skills mindset leadership

organizational development team building time management communication  focus people skills futures and community.

#34 Sina

Sina

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNigeria

Posted 24 March 2017 - 04:06 AM

I know about Global Domains International. I used to see it online back then. I was a newbie with no knowledge on what it is about. I can't remember my first MLM Company but i can say those i have joined are Matrix Programs. 

#35 essentialsoflife

essentialsoflife

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:25 AM

My first work-at-home opportunity (not sure that it was MLM) was in the 80's with Creative Circle, selling needlepoint craft products.  I was just a teen, but LOVED teaching how to do the needlepoint.  The company didn't last long though... I think they gave away too many products! ;)   My mom then did tupperware for a time, but we were in a small community and that didn't last long.  And Mary Kay, but then she stopped wearing makeup, so there was no point in promoting it! :D  About 10yrs ago, she tried some Home & Garden company.  Lovely products, but they didn't last long.

For myself, my first MLM company was Young Living Essential Oils (whom I'm still with today! :) ).  I tried Just-2, but they didn't last long.  I've thought about Herbalife, but they did't have enough products that I'd actually use.  I've also considered Plexus and Melaleuca.  Oh, and I'm with Mannatech... I really only use one of their products, but do notice a difference.  Yeah, I'm on a big health kick! :rolleyes:

For non-health programs, I did TrafficWave for a time (though, I think that's a matrix program).  I was earning money, but it was one of those times that my husband and I were fighting and I quit my business (it happened every 2-3yrs while I was married - I cannot stress enough the importance of having the support of your significant other!).  I've always regretted quitting back then because I'd have a fantastic downline now, but not really interested in starting over again :P

Receive our Introduction to Essential Oils series

My Blog: http://kindredspirit...althandhome.com 

Sharing Our Love for God & His Gift of Essential Oils

On Facebook: https://www.facebook...ial.oils.daily/

#36 aditya

aditya

Maj

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Hi Fellow MCP Members,

Amway was introduced in India in 1998. I saw the presentation 2 times but joined it in 2002 and I am still there in it.

Yes! I too learned a lot from Network 21, an educational arm of Amway. I loved it.

#37 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,740 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

Amway was introduced in India in 1998. I saw the presentation 2 times but joined it in 2002 and I am still there in it.

Yes! I too learned a lot from Network 21, an educational arm of Amway. I loved it.

Are you building your network or just selling the products or both?

#38 aditya

aditya

Maj

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

Are you building your network or just selling the products or both?

I never sold any product except when people who know that I am in Amway request me to procure some products for them. Self consumption and networking was our team's emphasis. 7 years I never missed the education part by Network 21 headed by Late Jim Dornan and his wife Nancy Dornan.

Even in online business find the value in the product first, use it be it advertising site, hosting biz or tools biz. Then only you can promote it with conviction. In fact 90% sites becoming scams is ruining genuine internet biz as well.

#39 aditya

aditya

Maj

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

I am now not doing anything in Amway since last 5 years after shifting to my home town but enjoying the fruits of work which I did for 7 years.

#40 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,740 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:40 PM

I am now not doing anything in Amway since last 5 years after shifting to my home town but enjoying the fruits of work which I did for 7 years.

We have a member in the forum that use to be and Emerald that's still reaping the benefits of his efforts. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users