Marketing Checkpoint

Warrior Forum - What Were They Thinking? A Rant....

Guest mrclean0325

Guest mrclean0325

This is a rant. I have been a member of the Warrior Forum for a few years and have just been a "lurker" reading the posts and posting very little. I haven't really been there to read anything recently (so long ago I don't remember, but it was before the "upgrade" I guess).

What a cluster!

What was the site designers thinking?

I am sure there are settings to change this behavior (hopefully), but why should I dig around to find them??

On the home page is the "Feed". You click on a topic and read it. It shows the rest of what is in the "Feed" below it. You go to a topic section on the right and find a topic you like, find a post to read, and at the bottom is the "Feed" - not the feed from topic you picked but the main "Feed".

So you have to click on the topic again in the right. You go to "Trending" and get the the same thing when you read a post - the "Feed" topics below and not any from the "Trending" unless you go back to the "Trending" topic. You expect when you select a topic, this is what you want to read, if I wanted to keep reading the "Feed" topics - I would stay in the "Feed".

No matter what topic you want to stay in requires you to continually go back to it if you read a post. The back button on your browser is not supposed to be your site navigation tool is it? It seemed to be the easiest way to stay in the topic I wanted.

Why, oh, WHY? If you are going to update something at least make it usable like you expect a forum to work and not frustrating. Maybe I am too picky but when you have to work just to get the site to cooperate with what you want to do is a little irritating.

Oh, well I guess I will be using it less than I did before...

I am a member there too. The one reason I don't spend much time there is the "Elitist" attitude I sense there. It may be part of the overall culture there. I don't know. One thing I do know is that a lot of the responses I have had there to my posts leave alot to be desired.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

Guest mrclean0325

Yes, the attitude is pretty prevalent. It is sad when you see someone posting something to try to genuinely help people and they are attacked by those that seem to "know better".  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...