Marketing Checkpoint

Spread Your Risks

aditya

No one can predict if an online business will last 3 months, 3 years or 3 decades?

After losing money in so called "Big Businesses" I started looking for low cost / fre e programs.

Joining about 10 programs is manageable for me.

6 of them still turn out to be scams even after 12 years of experience behind chosing  reliable programs.  Experience and right research does help in identifying scams beforehand or at an early stage. Ignore these sites.

On an average one site starts working for you.  Focus on that.

Be ready to take some risk

One time $1 business can be good to start with because they witness good initial growth due to very low entry.

Edited by Darren Olander
Affiliate link removed

Before investing in any program (whether time or money or both), it's always a good idea to check them out. You can google the opportunity and look for reviews on it. It won't take long to figure it out from there. I would be careful about the "free" ones as well. They may force you to upgrade to get paid or make some other "demand". I would look them over first and go with my gut reaction. It could save you from further loss and heartache.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

Guest mrclean0325

Some of the problems I run into when investigating a program:

1. Reviews

Doing a search for any reviews that are "real" reviews is frustrating. Most of the reviews are negative reviews from someone in Wealthy Affiliate trying to get you to join. You usually have to dig pretty far into the pages of Google to even find a real review.

2. Scam Report Sites

A lot of them are from people who didn't follow directions and didn't get paid or something similar. Some of these are "click bait" type postings that really don't tell you much of anything. 

3. MLM or Pyramid (Ponzi) scam?

Usually most of these you don't really know for sure until you join. From the ads it is hard to tell on a lot of them which is probably on purpose. Even then most people don't know the difference and some of the owners don't even know they are doing something illegal until they are shut down. 

4. You really don't know until you join

There are a lot of programs that seem legit and you can't find anything online about them if they are a fairly new program. You just don't know until you join to find out the "real deal". Then you find out the great training is PLR reports from 10 years ago, a forum or Facebook mastermind group nobody has posted anything on for years, or other bad signs. All of these are the "exclusive" things you won't get access to until you actually join. this includes how you are paid. I have been burned from a few that seemed really good until I joined and found out you didn't get paid until you had X number in your downline, a ridiculously high payout minimum unless you upgraded to a much higher level, you join free but have to actually spend money to have any chance of making money, or some other weird requirement. I have joined some that even after joining I was totally confused by the complex methods they used to determine what you were paid; the "matrix" was just too complex and confusing.

The ads you see are designed to entice you to join or plunk down your cash. Even with a lot of experience with "reading between the lines" in some ads, you will still get burned. Of course even in the worst programs imaginable, there are people who swear by them even if they haven't made a dime and have little to no chance to either - like the lottery.

Bottom Line:

You just have to use some common sense and understand how a business really works. If they are telling you something that flies in the face of what you know about how a business works, then it is probably something to avoid. Sometimes simple math will tell you the true story, like these "pay $2 once (or even $0.50, $1, or $2 a month) and make thousands" just takes some simple math to understand they are full of it. You have to understand how money is really made and not some fantasy idea. If you think the money just happily and magically appears brought by the unicorn caravan, you have some serious issues yourself.  :P

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.  This saying has kept me out of trouble.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .