Photo

Do You Own A Blog? How Have You Been Doing In 2017?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simplygenius

simplygenius

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

I have read where bloggers are no longer cutting it like Ten (10) years ago as content marketing and article driven website are no longer bringing in the advertising dollar as they once did like back in 2007.

The main reason for this it is said is that the attention span of Generation 2000 or Millennials are scientifically unbelievably short and there is no change to spare in the advanced age of technology. Ever wonder why snap chats last only a mere six seconds or the most viral videos online are less than 15 seconds or that if your videos last more than 30 seconds they are hardly shared or commented on?

#2 mrclean0325

mrclean0325

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

That tells me I could make a fortune with a site showing 6 second videos....oh, wait they did that didn't they... :wacko:

"Just because it quacks, don't make it a duck..."

Discover over 100 sites to make a bit of cash...

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!

#3 theFreeGuru

theFreeGuru

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationYuma Arizona

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

Actually my blogs have not slowed down. They take a bit more thought on SEO but Yoast does a good job of helping rank them and there are some great tools to help optimize headlines. Sure there is more content on the web but thanks to the increase in curated content there is renewed focus on syndication so augmenting your best post with social distribution and press release are stronger than they have been in a long time. What isn't working any more is dressing up an advertisement and calling it a blog and filling post with affiliate links without masking them or placing them in moderation.

Blogs have been and will always be your best source of free and targets traffic to your offers.

Andy Zeus Anderson

Andy Zeus Anderson

AKA: theFreeGuru

fireyourboss468.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users