Marketing Checkpoint

Do You Own A Blog? How Have You Been Doing In 2017?

I have read where bloggers are no longer cutting it like Ten (10) years ago as content marketing and article driven website are no longer bringing in the advertising dollar as they once did like back in 2007.

The main reason for this it is said is that the attention span of Generation 2000 or Millennials are scientifically unbelievably short and there is no change to spare in the advanced age of technology. Ever wonder why snap chats last only a mere six seconds or the most viral videos online are less than 15 seconds or that if your videos last more than 30 seconds they are hardly shared or commented on?

Actually my blogs have not slowed down. They take a bit more thought on SEO but Yoast does a good job of helping rank them and there are some great tools to help optimize headlines. Sure there is more content on the web but thanks to the increase in curated content there is renewed focus on syndication so augmenting your best post with social distribution and press release are stronger than they have been in a long time. What isn't working any more is dressing up an advertisement and calling it a blog and filling post with affiliate links without masking them or placing them in moderation.

Blogs have been and will always be your best source of free and targets traffic to your offers.

Andy Zeus Anderson

Andy Zeus Anderson

I'm Writing 10 Bitcoin Blank Checks this month, will you claim one of them? Mailer On Fire Contest!

Get the FREE report that tells the truth of why you are failing to make money online. Click here for your free report now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

If you are serious about earning a living on line, you need to to have your own website & domain.

The next stage is to use Wordpress. You can post your own content and will not be affected by scheduled updates etc. Take Wix for example, they go offline every Saturday.

Set-up a regular schedule to post your content to your blog.

Ensure the content is on topic and is good quality.

Vary the length of the posts - between 800 - 1500 words.

Post your content to Social media and engage your followers.

This will still bring in your visitors and allow your blog to get traction.

Engage your followers & attract new writers to your blog. This not only increases your reach, but will increase your backlinks.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Pete

https://sixfigureonline.business 

Best Regards

Pete

Free Ebook: Safelist Marketing Tactics
The Ultimate Guide to Safelist Marketing

http://newbiefriendlybusiness.com/images/safelist_marketing_tactics.gif

Five Easy Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Blog

Setting up a new blog is relatively easy compared to setting up a full-blown website.  With blogs, you can:

1. Install on your hosting.
  2. Pick a Theme.
  3. Add in your desired plugins.
  4. Start to blog.

Simple.

This is a lot easier than needing to learn a complicated programming language, HTML or CSS.

No need to discover how to manage FTP (file transfer protocols) between your computer and the servers etc.

Blogs let you be a part of the World Wide Web in a fraction of the time it takes to get a website up and running. But when your blog is tweaked and set-up how you want it, then you are ready to monetize it.

The most important aspect of this strategy is how to drive traffic to your new blog.

Driving traffic to a new site is difficult but not impossible. I have outlined 5 tried and tested methods below to help you gain traction.

1. Blog and Ping

Blogs can use the luxury of the RSS ping system. This lets the search engines know that a new blog post has been released. Fresh content needs indexing.  As soon as you ping the engines, you will get the spiders running to your site and checking out your new content.  If the content is fresh and original, the spiders will index it and store them in the search engine cache.  Whenever someone searches for a term or keyword that is listed on your new blog post, your post will show up displaying the search result as being relevant to the term being searched.  Traffic from the search engine will visit your page. This traffic is highly targeted & highly relevant.

1. Blog Directories

Blogs have their own blog directories where you can list your own blog as a way to drive traffic from these directory sites to your blog.  Directories are frequented by thousands of people every single day. This is a great way to drive some of that traffic to your site.

1. Blog Comments

Visit other blogs in your niche and post intelligent comments on those blogs. The visitors to those blogs will be seeing those posts you make and if they are good, they will click on your link and visit blog as well. 

1. Forums

Participating in forums is another good way to drive traffic and build loyal visitors to your blogs. People who join highly targeted forums have similar interests to you and would likely be interested in your offer to visit your blog.

Start by looking for five forums related to your niche and then join them. 

Participate in the discussion and post a link back in your signature file.  Every time you make a post, the forum members will see your message and the signature link back to your blogs.  If the posts are beguiling and interesting, they will most likely click on the link back to your site as well.

1. Finally or Firstly depending on the stage you are at. You should consider submitting your blog to both Google & Bing Webmaster Tools. Also upload a sitemap and robots.txt file at the same time.

These are 5 extremely simple methods of driving traffic to your blogs without spending too much money on paid methods of channeling traffic.

Best Regards

Pete

https://sixfigureonline.business

Best Regards

Pete

Free Ebook: Safelist Marketing Tactics
The Ultimate Guide to Safelist Marketing

http://newbiefriendlybusiness.com/images/safelist_marketing_tactics.gif

• 1 year later...

same as it is when i've started blogging 1999 started with blogspot but google got mad somehow and deleted all my blogs and i moved to wordpress, i have missed so much now that i've known wordpress, besides that it's open-source and you can host it elsewhere on your hosting account, it also self-updates and and updates more frequently now shows a sign of progress for me because it increases in it's functionalities.