I’ve been involved in online marketing for quite a while, and one thing I keep coming back to is how much time gets spent doing the same kinds of tasks over and over.
You find an offer you want to promote.
Then you need a landing page, email copy, social posts, banners, tracking links, maybe a short video script… and before long, you’ve spent more time building promotional material than actually promoting the offer.
Over the years, I’ve tried a lot of different ways to speed that process up.
Some things help. Some just create more work.
Lately I’ve been thinking a lot more about simplifying the process instead of constantly adding more tools.
For me, the biggest time-waster has always been recreating the same basic promotional pieces for different offers.
I’m curious what everyone else thinks.
What part of online promotion takes up the most unnecessary time for you?
Is it writing emails? Creating pages? Finding traffic? Making ads? Following up with leads?
I’d be interested to hear what other marketers struggle with the most.