Marketing Checkpoint

I have had such miserable luck with Auto-Responders!

Guest mrclean0325

Email marketing is not quick, easy, or for the weak of heart. It takes a lot of time and effort to build a list. It takes a lot of thought and planning to get your ad, squeeze page, and front end to convert. Then you have to provide killer content to keep your readers. To get them to sign up takes a great "freemium". To understand who they are and find products or services they will be interested in learning about and providing the information in a great and entertaining way.

You need to know who you are targeting and what "bait" they will bite at. Just like fishing, you use the wrong bait and you won't catch anything. It takes a bit more work than people realize to create a good email campaign and make it work.

Most of the "done for you" systems I have seen may work IF you are using the exact same products using the exact same traffic sources. Then you are also competing with everyone else who bought them. The ones that work were the result of thousands of tries to get it to work.

If you look at the examples of the squeeze pages popular on the TEs and safelists, I doubt they convert well. They are blatantly just wanting an email for a blind ad and people have no good reason to give an email address unless they are seriously curious. Most think using the new fangled "fancy" fading stuff will get people to sign up in droves.

If you have a downline in any of your programs, you can email them like you do a list and it works the same way. The only reason to have a list is to have a way to communicate with potential customers. The funny fact is, a lot of businesses don't have an email list or do email marketing.

If you are making sales, able to communicate with your downlines and show them new products, and growing your downlines; you may not even need to worry about building a "list". You could also get some tech to automatically sign people up for your list when they sign up for your other stuff. Easy peasy. Most every TE and safelist will email you since you are on their "list" of customers and people don't usually mind if you aren't spamming them with crap.

You just need to ask if it will REALLY enhance your bottom line for the time and effort expended.

Email marketing is not quick, easy, or for the weak of heart. It takes a lot of time and effort to build a list. It takes a lot of thought and planning to get your ad, squeeze page, and front end to convert. Then you have to provide killer content to keep your readers. To get them to sign up takes a great "freemium". To understand who they are and find products or services they will be interested in learning about and providing the information in a great and entertaining way.

You need to know who you are targeting and what "bait" they will bite at. Just like fishing, you use the wrong bait and you won't catch anything. It takes a bit more work than people realize to create a good email campaign and make it work.

Most of the "done for you" systems I have seen may work IF you are using the exact same products using the exact same traffic sources. Then you are also competing with everyone else who bought them. The ones that work were the result of thousands of tries to get it to work.

If you look at the examples of the squeeze pages popular on the TEs and safelists, I doubt they convert well. They are blatantly just wanting an email for a blind ad and people have no good reason to give an email address unless they are seriously curious. Most think using the new fangled "fancy" fading stuff will get people to sign up in droves.

If you have a downline in any of your programs, you can email them like you do a list and it works the same way. The only reason to have a list is to have a way to communicate with potential customers. The funny fact is, a lot of businesses don't have an email list or do email marketing.

If you are making sales, able to communicate with your downlines and show them new products, and growing your downlines; you may not even need to worry about building a "list". You could also get some tech to automatically sign people up for your list when they sign up for your other stuff. Easy peasy. Most every TE and safelist will email you since you are on their "list" of customers and people don't usually mind if you aren't spamming them with crap.

You just need to ask if it will REALLY enhance your bottom line for the time and effort expended.

I need tips on getting signups for the autoreponders?

I consider myself a great promoter of programs but I'm not good in getting signups for autoresponders.

I want to be among the Top Promoters and Money earners of autoresponders.

I need tips on getting signups for the autoreponders?

I consider myself a great promoter of programs but I'm not good in getting signups for autoresponders.

I want to be among the Top Promoters and Money earners of autoresponders.

Oh you mean earning affiliate commissions promoting an autoresponder? (getting customers for an autoresponder?)

That is a tough one because many people seem to refuse to realize the importance of using one, if they do they probably already have one, but I promote GetResponse and make a small amount from that for people who didn't already have an autoresponder and decide to stick with it. It's definitely a side promotion though - not something you'l make a living promoting :)

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

Oh you mean earning affiliate commissions promoting an autoresponder? (getting customers for an autoresponder?)

That is a tough one because many people seem to refuse to realize the importance of using one, if they do they probably already have one, but I promote GetResponse and make a small amount from that for people who didn't already have an autoresponder and decide to stick with it. It's definitely a side promotion though - not something you'l make a living promoting :)

Yep, I have marketers that will follow me to the end of the earth but none of them will follow me to the autoresponders... LOL

I want to earn those unlimited $17.95 Fast Start Bonuses that's paid out weekly. I need the Secret to doing that.

It got to be a secret because others are doing it... It appears that they're doing it.

I don't believe in paying it forward just to get someone to signup.

Guest mrclean0325

Oh, my apologies! I went the wrong direction with that one. :P

The ones I see that "seem" to work (they are kinda sneaky and backhanded though) are free or cheap WSOs about making money online and use a "guaranteed" autoresponder sequence you have to join the autoresponder to use. Some even go so far as the WHOLE method is to sell the autoresponder memberships as their "get fast commissions" schick. Like Darren said, they are hard to promote as a primary deal unless you join something like Team Atlantis or along those lines. I have also seen people put out reports like a "newbie guide" that sells why you need to build a list and suggests your autoresponder as the solution.

The main problems lie in the fact that most people don't have a clue on how to set them up, get them working, or how to monetize them. The prevalent thinking brought about by "the money is in the list" keeps this idea going. Unless you have a plan on how you are going to use it, reach your audience, and monetize them to make any money - they can be an expensive albatross. The attrition rate is not good in most cases. People start dropping like flies when it gets too expensive and they aren't making the thousands they thought they would.

I guess the bottom line is you have to get creative if you want to promote them and get results.

Oh, my apologies! I went the wrong direction with that one. :P

The ones I see that "seem" to work (they are kinda sneaky and backhanded though) are free or cheap WSOs about making money online and use a "guaranteed" autoresponder sequence you have to join the autoresponder to use. Some even go so far as the WHOLE method is to sell the autoresponder memberships as their "get fast commissions" schick. Like Darren said, they are hard to promote as a primary deal unless you join something like Team Atlantis or along those lines. I have also seen people put out reports like a "newbie guide" that sells why you need to build a list and suggests your autoresponder as the solution.

The main problems lie in the fact that most people don't have a clue on how to set them up, get them working, or how to monetize them. The prevalent thinking brought about by "the money is in the list" keeps this idea going. Unless you have a plan on how you are going to use it, reach your audience, and monetize them to make any money - they can be an expensive albatross. The attrition rate is not good in most cases. People start dropping like flies when it gets too expensive and they aren't making the thousands they thought they would.

I guess the bottom line is you have to get creative if you want to promote them and get results.

Thanks, that's the way I feel too. I signed up again with TrafficWave which make the 3rd or 4th that I have attempted to promote the site. I didn't have good results none of the time. And I'm suppose to be a good to a great promoter. But when it come to autoresponders I might as well be consider a "0" promoter.

So, I decided to ask

Guest mrclean0325

I looked a TW a few years ago and just didn't see the point.

Somewhere online there is a comparison chart for commission from all the different affiliate programs for autoresponders that shows there is not much difference between them. At the time i didn't find TW that easy to use or setup. That is the key to retention - EASE of use, visual factors, and it doesn't look "clunky". The other thing to consider is: are the people joining to actually USE it as an autoresponder or for the comp plan? If they are not building a list and getting invested in that end (it is hard to move a list from one AR to another) they are far more likely to drop it when they don't get instant gratification.

Then of course is the cost factor. People are usually cheap and don't want to spend money if they don't have to do so (I know I am and so are most I talk to). Hence the reason for all the "free" programs since they are much easier to get people to at least sign up. ARs are not cheap, though i do give TW points for them not changing their prices as the number of subscribers raise like the others do.

Pretty much the only people I see really promoting TW are the team builders. They seem to now be competing against each other though. Even then if the people joining don't have the set up to get the hits every week, then they will not get any people and then, eventually, drop out.

• 2 years later...

you bribe them with a gift.

autoresponders is not an end to itself, it's just creating your own medium for promotion that you can sell to it, market to it, invite them to join your free business opportunity all in one send.

Hi Fellow MCP Members and Guests.

I hate to admit it, I have had miserable luck with Auto-Responders.

What have your results been with Auto-Responders?

• 2 years later...

you bribe them with a gift.

autoresponders is not an end to itself, it's just creating your own medium for promotion that you can sell to it, market to it, invite them to join your free business opportunity all in one send.

I was trying to promote the Auto-Responders itself but I couldn't get anyone to join and upgrade.

It's 2022 and I promote a lot of programs but I'm NOT directly promoting Auto-Responders accept for the programs that includes them.

• 3 weeks later...

I would agree with the thread on TW, I had an account with them on and off for years and promoted the backside out of it, both online and off, with zero success, which I found hard to take because I can get leads no problem

AWeber, I didn't like their customer service and they suspended my account for no reason at all, for 48 Hours, then said I could use it again with no reason for the suspension, even though I asked several tiems and phoned them, no valid reason was given.

Get Response pretty much the same as AWeber

Active Campaign good for blogs but expensive

In the end I chose the one that is on my blog recommended page and blow me down with a feather, it has proven to be the best of the lot, I have no complaints with it at all.More than pays for itself

Get  Free Must Have Home Business Marketing Tips  ... Straight To Your Inbox

http://llclick.com/fmjxmb9h/

• 2 weeks later...