Photo
- - - - -

What Would You Do If You Lost Your PayPal Account?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Jerry McDowell

Jerry McDowell

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSan Bernardino

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:22 AM

I lost my Paypal account. I started to use Stripe now. Paypal just close my account with out tell me what I did wrong. 

From Paypal:

You can't use PayPal anymore. At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money. 

#62 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

Was your account a 'business' account? and if so, did you buy things through it (like personal things)? if you dont mind me asking

Watch out for Stripe.... they have been weird the past 1-2 years too.

go to Uphold.com :)

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 21 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

#63 rpsmith

rpsmith

Hot

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:54 AM

Paypal has had a nasty habit of doing things like this without warning. This is why I suggest that website owners offer more than one payment option on their site.

Get The latest market news and price alerts on your favorite cryptocurrencies!

Click Here!

#64 Phil Banks

Phil Banks

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:27 AM

I'm in the process of adding SolidTrustPay and I've just been approved at Coinbase, so just got to work out how Crypto actually works, as I have ZERO experience of it.

Probably going to look at Uphold too.

Anyone have any info on ORU yet ?

Could be an exciting new addition.

#65 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 30 January 2019 - 06:25 AM

To stick my neck out a bit here, but I'm just being honest, my intention is not to offend or anything. When I see owners promoting and pushing ORU, which some are quite heavily, sending out member mails, writing it on their blog etc, it looks more like they're rubbing their hands together at the prospect of earning money from their members via the processor they're using, than by the service they're supposed to be providing. I doubt that I'm alone in that feeling and I'd hate for our members to think that of us. For that reason, we'll hold back from using it at all, unless of course, there are enough requests coming to us directly from our members.

TM-banner468x60.gif

#66 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

To stick my neck out a bit here, but I'm just being honest, my intention is not to offend or anything. When I see owners promoting and pushing ORU, which some are quite heavily, sending out member mails, writing it on their blog etc, it looks more like they're rubbing their hands together at the prospect of earning money from their members via the processor they're using, than by the service they're supposed to be providing. I doubt that I'm alone in that feeling and I'd hate for our members to think that of us. For that reason, we'll hold back from using it at all, unless of course, there are enough requests coming to us directly from our members.

Yea, and from what I read ORU is not even a normal processor - you can't put buy buttons or integrate an API to do payments (at the moment anyway, I don't know what their plans are). Their growth seems simply hyped by the income opportunity, and timing, since people have had such trouble finding alternatives. So if you can't put them on your website to process automatically and can only do payments member to member directly that doesn't make it useful to me... I'm not going to ask my members to pay to join another site just to get paid from me, that is not fair.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#67 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 06:23 AM

ORU is an affiliate program thing. It bugs me because it's not a real solution and seems to be taking advantage of people and their loss of ppal account.

Plus its just another visa card like one you can get at a drugstore or anywhere, there are numerous of these.

It is not on my sites either.

Uphold is really really good. I just sent another commission to someone there, and take in orders also. No problems. What is really unique tho is I can switch bitcoin to usd, or usd to bitcoin and others. I put every card on there to use. But they dont have payment buttons, you just send to a username or an email address. For some this might matter, in my case it doesnt.

#68 angeleyes500001

angeleyes500001

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock AR

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

Hi Fellow MCP Members and Guests?

Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk) here...

It would be a really sad day if I lost my PayPal account.

Numerous sites that I have promoted through the years have never bounced back after being banned by PayPal.

And my sales took a nose dive because the account no longer accepted PayPal. No one was interested in the other Payment processors.

I have no idea what I would do if my PayPal account was limited or banned by them.

What Would You Do If You Lost Your PayPal Account?

Well I have been noticing with some of these sites I have become a member of don't do paypal they say its because paypal has banned them.

I don't know what I'd do if I lost my paypal account That's my main account to making money  online. I have other options now that I had to take if  wanted to get paid from these sites that paypal banned but I love paypal so much more HANDSDOWN. 

#69 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

You should not love paypal and should not be putting loyalty on them like that, trust me they dont have it for you. Hands down, reality, they dont care.

It also tells me you havent been a victim ... yet.

It takes awhile to get through a few thousand more accounts.

They are betraying what has built them in the first place, taking our money and investing it (read their terms they do do that, your money really isnt sitting on the site)

If you lost your paypal, you will survive.

Networks who do 6 figures in sales a year survive without them (mine being one of them), so you will survive. There are plenty of options.... use them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users