Marketing Checkpoint

Aweber or Get Response?

I'm currently using Aweber, Traffic Wave and Pure Leverage. Just looking at the autoresponder part, I like Aweber the most because of the deliverability, features and advanced reports/statistics, and how easy it is to create good looking forms without having to know anything about CSS etc.

Pure Leverage with all the extra tools and big compensation plan is a good pick too. I use Traffic-Wave for my site Banner Ads That Pay. Actually I'm more than satisfied with all the autoresponders I'm currently using and have learned a lot by using multiple over time :)

I've used Get Response for a short time to help someone set up his list, form, follow-up messages etc. and it's pretty damn good :) I hear a lot of good things about it.

You're invited to my NEW site List Impact.

http://www.listimpact.com/affiliate/banners/468x60b.jpg

Want me to build a profitable advertising site for you? Contact me.
I have a "done-for-you service" for serious marketers (limited).

Hi Kenny. You are in some good companies for sure!

When I first started building my list I used Get Response. A few years later I ended up using Aweber, too, because a business I was in had forms where we could pull our tour takers into Aweber. I'm still using both Get Response and Aweber, but I do like Aweber better. Their forms are great like you said. I have trouble understanding how to set things like that up, and Aweber makes it very easy for me. I am waiting for them to add splash pages :-)

I am in Pure Leverage, too, but I haven't done any autoresponder setup there yet. I've been with GVO for years (mainly for web hosting) but I just haven't done much with the autoresponder part of it.

Traffic Wave is another good one for making money and list building. I forgot about that one. I joined it because of a couple of downline builders. I do use it some and like it.

I'm amazed by how many good autoresponders there are these days! There's really no excuse not to at least try to build a list anymore.

Internet Marketer from Indiana, USA. 

Want to see what I'm doing? Click Here

Personally I have very little experience with Aweber and most experience with GetResponse. Functionality wise I believe they are very close to the same and, in most cases, each will cover the needs we all have. The extra goodies that aren't "needed" are additional in my eyes. But, probably like most here, I don't need most of the functions.

Cost wise I do believe GetResponse is lower. When you have tens of thousands of subscribers, the cost can certainly add up either way. As long as deliverability is normal or better, the necessary functions are at my finger tips and I'm not spending more than required, I'm a happy camper (generally).

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

Hi Matt. I think Aweber and GetResponse are comparable, too. They both build the list, which is the most important thing any of them do. I'm not sure on the cost. They are probably about the same. My list sizes in each one are different, so I'll have to look into that.

Jim, I'm not sure about deliverability, either. I do know that it can depend on the email email address you are sending from. If your email address is listed as an online marketer your deliverability could be less. I have a separate email address that I use for most of my autoresponder messages.

Hi Paula,

My first comment on any of the forums and this one caught my eye.

Personally I've used both Aweber and Get Response and from my perspective personally, both are pretty much equal both from a deliverability and functionality perspective. In terms of deliverability, I think you'll find when you do your testing that we're talking 10ths of a percentage point either way on an ongoing basis.

In my mind they're pretty much neck-in-neck with my preference being GetResponse. GetReponse is certainly less expensive ($ 15.00/month for up 1,000 subscribers as opposed to $ 19.00/month for up to 500) and has a marginally better affiliate pay-out (33% to 30% through Aweber. The other thing that may sound really trivial, is that GetResponse does offer a free 30 day free trial (I know it may sound silly, but the whole charge $ 1.00 for the trial thing is a pet peeve of mine).

I've also user TrafficWave, GVO and Global NPN's offerings. All three of these are certainly almost comparable in many ways and not bad options either.

I'm personally using All In One Profits right now and their AIOP Response product. I will admit, it's not anywhere near as feature rich as the others mentioned here, but for what I need right now, it does the job. Over the last couple of months I haven't seen any significant issues related to deliverability and the price is certainly right. Similar to TrafficWave you get unlimited subscribers and unlimited emails. The cost of AIOP response is included as part of the subscription to AIOP which includes a pile of extra functionality. So all in all, while I'm sacrificing some feature richness that I'm just not using now, I more than make up for it at the price point, with no measurable lack of deliverability at this point.

Hope this helps...

Well, you would be wrong that they are the most used. You have icontact and mailchimp that have a large member base. But what you need to really look for is the TOS and agreement you use when you join them. Some have pretty solid rules on affiliate marketing. The next big this is deliverability no autoresponder will promise 100% delivery rate and if they do well they are liying right to your face already lol. I have found Aweber to give me the highest on this so far.

Hey Sean,

You just raised an interesting point, I'd never stopped to consider. I truly wasn't aware that iContact and Mailchimp had higher subscriber numbers. That's actually quite interesting to me. Has there ever been anything published that you know of, that might explain why this might be happening.

Also, since you mentioned it. I had heard a rumour that iContact (for example) actually does not allow "internet marketers" to subscribe. Can you give us any feedback on that specifically. For example, is that actually laid out in their TOS anywhere? Also, are there any of the other mainstream autoresponser services that you are aware of that have the same issue?

Great points...

Thanks...

Great Group, Great Question Paula, and Great Discussion.

I think that a properly used autoresponder, is one of the

most important things that you can use. There are some

budget alternatives, but the question is..... can you risk it.

With your autoresponder being your mainline to your customers,

can you risk not having a large percentage of your emails not

delivered? Deliverability is very hard to compute, and I am

not sure the best method for doing this.

I have used almost all of the previously stated ARs,

TrafficWave, NPN, Pure Leverage, GetResponse, but there

are a couple more that I have used.

A free one is called ListWire, and a very low cost one is

called ParadoxCash. Again, I do not have the numbers on the

reliability of these. But, if you can't afford to use one of

the "big boys" (about 10 a month+), then perhaps you should

think of using one of the free or low cost ones. Even though

this might not be your best choice, it is much better than

not using an autoresponder at all.

Great question and discussion! I have used both Getresponse and list wire. Recently joined gvo and very impressed. Listwire is great and free but problem is it can't be used in most programs. Gvo is a great package and the costs are low. The autoresponder packages they have now is amazing. Quite a few special packages available now that can really bump up your effectiveness. It all depends on what you need/want and can afford...

I've tried a number of the autoresponders mentioned here and agree that Aweber and Get Response seem pretty comparable. I like the whole affiliate system over at Traffic Wave but it just feels 'clunky' to me. GVO/PureLeverage may have some deliverablility issues as some of the mails I send to my list end up in my Spam folder.

How about integrated systems? Most of them seem pretty weak in the autoresponder department but I've really taken a liking to the EZ Lead Capture System. It is about the simplest way I know to create a fast (but attractive) squeeze page with the form embedded. Their integrated autoresponder is actually quite robust.

One tough thing about autoresponders is that one you build a list in one they kinda got you on the hook because it can be a royal pain in the neck to try to move subscribers to a different one.

Ernie G