Marketing Checkpoint

Login Spotlights - Why I like them

Hi everyone :)

I've always been a fan of login spotlights in the busy TEs and Mailers that have them. So I thought I'd share some info on one that I took on Saturday at a TE called Big Beach Hits.

For anyone who doesn't know yet. You book a date on the calendar and pay the required fee. Some sites have a daily login spotlight, and others have one that remains active for a week. Members, when they login, after the login offers, come to this page where they earn credits both for viewing the ad, and for rating it.

The cost was $3 for one day (which I bought with commissions).  I advertised a self created splash page which is, I think well suited to the membership there (the site I advertised involves surfing for entries into a cash draw). Though, i admit, many would already be a member so I was looking for the few that aren't yet. With this, I received 434 views and got 33 ratings (feedback comments). Two people signed up for a free account. Some of the comments were junk - just people putting anything to get their credits they earn for the rating, but aside from them, the comments were positive.

Normally, I'd use these login spotlight ads for special promotions or new launches, or when I created a new splash page, but I imagine that they'd be quite useful for building a list too.

Is anyone else so keen on them?

Hi Clare, yes, I use login spotlights at both TE's and mailers. I usually get a good view rate and almost always 1 to 3 referrals. They are good value and some start as low as $1.00...I think they can be better value than some solo ads...

I've seen your login spotlight ads, yes Martin, I'm glad you get good benefit from them :-)

I have used login ads with good results before... thank you for bringing it up because I had totally forgotten about that! :)

Receive our Introduction to Essential Oils series

My Blog: http://kindredspiritforhealthandhome.com 

Sharing Our Love for God & His Gift of Essential Oils

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/use.essential.oils.daily/

I have never tried that.  OK you talked me into it  B)   I'll try it.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

Interesting, have used some spotlights, but found i don't get the return maybe it was my capture page at the time, but now not even using spotlight ads. I know the top 50 converting traffic sources based on how many visitors equal a sign up. The popular ones are around 150 visitors per signup...