Photo

What first? Buy hosting or build a website?

blogging site building

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RayMaynard

RayMaynard

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hi, 

what should be done first? Building a website or buying a domain? I have already picked my niche and created some content but haven't published anything yet. What do you guys recommend? Is it better to build a website first, then buy a domain or vice versa?

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Conquering Fiverr How to make $33,928 a month freelancing on Fiverr - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

Unleashing Yourself - Develop Discipline, Master Your Habits & Succeed In Any Area of Your Life - 100% Money Back Guarantee!

*******************************************************************************************************************************

#2 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 585 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:40 PM

I guess it is whatever you are comfortable with, I imagine the site would have to be built locally until you can upload it to your web host, I've always just bought the domain/hosting and then started on the site - that way you can test and view everything live.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#3 Clare Bowen

Clare Bowen

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:45 AM

I also go with domain first and then build my sites :) Good luck with your new site Ray, great move!  :) 

TM-banner468x60.gif

#4 rpsmith

rpsmith

Hot

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

I approach this a little differently. If the site is a script, the first thing I want to know is what the script requirements are and then I check with my existing host to see if they can meet those requirements. In those cases I don't have a host, I start looking for hosts that meet those requirements. Most of the time, I keep to those hosts that have proven track records of reliability.

Are You Making The Same Costly Mistakes I Did?

Click Here!

If you sell anything online, you Need to See This!

Click Here!

#5 Lilwin

Lilwin

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, USA

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:20 PM

In my experience, I choose a website-host first. The ease with which to design a website is the determining factor when choosing a host, not merely the price.
This means that I had to shop around to find a host that provides all the elements I needed. I’ve changed hosts twice. But now that I’ve found one that meets (most of) my requirements, I’m loyal to it, because I’ve become comfortable with it. No hosting platform is perfect. But, like a marraige, once you find a template that you like, visual elements that help you be creative, a price you can afford, you’re on your way!
Li’l Win, Making money with http://MassiveWin.net

#6 Sincharde

Sincharde

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLagos

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:25 AM

You have to get a domain first and then set up a hosting server for it. You need all these done first to build a website.

Do This & Automatically Attract Lot Of Hits / Leads / Interested People To Your Business Everyday For Free - Click Here

Apply To Be Assigned 3,000 Visits For Your Business / Random Referrals / Multiple $3 Commissions & Over $500,000 Membership Earnings For Free - Click Here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blogging, site building

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users