Marketing Checkpoint

Pros and Cons to Google Analytics

For those of you that actually implement Google Analytics with your marketing (tracking), can you share with us some things you like and/or dislike?

As in-depth as most of Google's metrics are with this service, I am surprised that many webmasters and small business owners would rather pay a subscription for tracking alternatives. 

So, please let us know...what are your personal Pros & Cons?  Thank you for sharing.

Google Analytics is probably the best to track website/blog traffic for free. What I like is I can see visitor's engagement: pageviews per user and visitor's time on site, plus referring sites. What is a little con is the "not provided" for organic traffic, but anyway I can get accurate data for search keywords using Google webmaster tools. For tracking email optins, I have not figured out, how to do it with Analytics, but there are other good tools for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest rachana

Google analytics can be used on different digital environments such as websites or anything that has internet connection and one can collect data from different platforms and sources.

But sometimes information is hard to find. It may be confusing and overwhelming.

• 11 months later...

it's so complicated to use, not unless you read a whole manual in using it, im using it together with another statistics for second opinions, when you're in a hurry sometimes those who are small statistical counters mostly unknown to you does the trick such as extreme tracking and statcounter, histats are some to name a few.