Marketing Checkpoint

Anatomy Of A Profitable Solo Ad

http://charliepage.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/@symbol-and-dollar-sign-274x300.jpgPart of succeeding online is knowing what success looks like.

As ezine publisher I am often asked what a “good” solo ad looks like.

When people ask about this they are asking me “what does a profitable solo ad look like?”

They figure that modeling something that has worked will give them an edge; that knowing what success looks like and doing something similar will lead to better results. And they are right!

If you have ever wondered what a highly-profitable solo ad looks like then this article will help! Today I’d like to share with you one of my most profitable solo ads.

If you know me you know that I never talk about money in specific terms and never ever show my Clickbank screenshots or other “proofs” of my sales or earnings. I think doing that is in bad taste and I just won’t do it.

What I will say is this – when I was launching my Ezine Advertising Live membership site this ad was responsible for more sales than any other ad I ran.

I used five sets of solo ad copy for the Ezine Advertising Live launch and the ad you are going to read today was the clear winner. Since the site sold out I suppose you could say that it worked!

So let’s look together at the original ad and then pull it apart to see why it worked so well.

Let’s look at the ad in its entirety before we pull it apart. Read through it and see what you think. I will duplicate it below and then we can examine it section by section.

PLEASE NOTE: This ad was a plain text ad. That means all I used were words – no bolding, no images and no special characters. This empowered me to run the ad in any ezine or to any list I wanted and ensured the ad would look great. I’m not saying to only use plain text ads; I’m just saying this ad was plain text which is why it looks unformatted below.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE SOLO AD AND THEN CONTINUE

What They Are Not Telling You About Solo Ads!

I’m sure you have heard about solo ads by now. It seems that every business opportunity or Internet marketing course out there all say the same things.

PLACE SOLO ADS EVERYWHERE YOU CAN!

Know why they say to do that? Because solo ads work!

But here’s what they DO NOT tell you.

They don’t tell you HOW to write them.

They don’t tell you WHERE to place them.

They don’t tell you HOW MUCH to pay for them.

BUT I WILL TELL YOU THAT AND MUCH MORE!

http://www.hypertracker.com/go/charliepage/soloadsecrets/

I spent 2 HOURS on Tuesday night July 1 TEACHING Ezine Advertising Live members HOW to write a solo ad!

The GOOD NEWS is that anyone can write a solo ad.

The BETTER NEWS is that I’m working with Ezine Advertising Live members one-on-one to make the ads they write the BEST they can be!

* * * And I want to do that for you too! * * *

In fact, let me GIVE YOU a secret that I shared on that call right now.

There are SIX elements to a successful solo ads.

Miss ANY OF THEM and your ad will be weak.

And weak ads don’t get clicks.

Here are the six parts of a solo ad.

The headline

The claim

The benefits

The reason why

The proof

The call to action

Now … HOW do you use those to YOUR advantage?

You can find out RIGHT NOW in the member’s center of Ezine Advertising Live

AND you can get me to help with your ads OR you can get me to write your ads for a modest fee!

(details inside the member’s center)

Is Ezine Advertising Live worth the money?

Only if you want your ads to work.

I hope you join us.

Charlie Page

P.S. Do you know WHY a P.S. is important? You will when you get INSTANT ACCESS to the Ezine Advertising Live members area download the audio for Call 3.

— END OF ORIGINAL SOLO AD —

Now let’s see why this ad worked.

I’m going to show you the ad again but this time I will make notes showing you why it worked. Pay careful attention to these “reasons why” and you will be able to apply them to your own ad writing.

After we take the ad apart I will share three keys that you can apply to your own ad writing beginning today!

Here is the ad again with my notes about why it worked. My notes will be indented and in red.

— START OF ANALYSIS —

What They Are Not Telling You About Solo Ads!

THIS IS MY HEADLINE

The headline is the most important part of the ad. In email marketing the headline is the subject line of the email and primarily determines if the email gets opened.

Here I am using fear of loss as a motivator. Many people believe there are “secrets” they are not being told and this headline works with that thought process to make the reader want to know the secret.

I’m sure you have heard about solo ads by now. It seems that every business opportunity or Internet marketing course out there all say the same things.

PLACE SOLO ADS EVERYWHERE YOU CAN!

Know why they say to do that? Because solo ads work!

THIS IS MY CLAIM … solo ads work.

But here’s what they DO NOT tell you.

Now we are getting into one of the most powerful parts of the ad. Telling people that there are things they need to know but not telling them what those things are is a failed advertising strategy from long ago. The key online is to be transparent and give as many details as you can so people will want what you are offering.

They don’t tell you HOW to write them.

They don’t tell you WHERE to place them.

They don’t tell you HOW MUCH to pay for them.

BUT I WILL TELL YOU THAT AND MUCH MORE!

EMOTIONAL PEAK #1

THESE ARE MY BENEFITS – I WILL SHARE WITH YOU WHAT OTHERS WON’T

What I have said so far is “people are succeeding with solo ads but not telling you how to do it. I will show you what they refuse to show you – exactly how to do it. And to prove that I know what you need I’m telling you three things I know you need to know.” This is the basis of “insider secrets” advertising. This was a very powerful part of the ad.

VERY IMPORTANT! Every time there is an emotional peak in an ad it is vital that you immediately offer the reader a call to action. Your ad has brought them to the point of saying “YES, I want that!” and now you have to show them how to get it. Putting a call to action immediately following the emotional peak will increase clicks dramatically.

THIS IS CALL TO ACTION #1

I spent 2 HOURS on Tuesday night July 1 TEACHING Ezine Advertising Live members HOW to write a solo ad!

Notice the specifics here. “Two hours on July 1″ works better than “call three covered …” Be specific in your ads when you can. It helps people connect to you as a person and not as a salesman.

The GOOD NEWS is that anyone can write a solo ad.

The BETTER NEWS is that I’m working with Ezine Advertising Live members one-on-one to make the ads they write the BEST they can be!

MORE BENEFITS – ONE ON ONE HELP. As much as possible be positive and share good news in your ads. This is actually a fear-based ad (not my normal style) but putting something positive in helped soften the sound of the ad.

* * * And I want to do that for you too! * * *

EMOTIONAL PEAK #2 – I will do something for them that other people will not do. Remember what comes directly after the emotional peaks?

CALL TO ACTION #2 – placed directly under the emotional peak.

In fact, let me GIVE YOU a secret that I shared on that call right now.

THIS IS MY PROOF. If I did not know what I was talking about I could not share in such detail.

There are SIX elements to a successful solo ads.

Miss ANY OF THEM and your ad will be weak.

Talking about weak ads reinforces the “fear of loss” theme I established in my headline.

And weak ads don’t get clicks.

Here are the six parts of a solo ad.

The headline

The claim

The benefits

The reason why

The proof

The call to action

Now … HOW do you use those to YOUR advantage?

You can find out RIGHT NOW in the member’s center of Ezine Advertising Live

EMOTIONAL PEAK #3 – You can have it now! Immediacy is a very powerful tool to use in your advertising. I know you know what comes next! :-)

CALL TO ACTION #3 – Never neglect to call for action immediately following an emotional high point.

AND you can get me to help with your ads OR you can get me to write your ads for a modest fee!

(details inside the member’s center)

Is Ezine Advertising Live worth the money?

Only if you want your ads to work.

THIS IS MY REASON WHY. Why would you want to buy my product? So your ads will work better. The “reason why” can be the reason why you can deliver something OR the reason why the prospect should take action.

I hope you join us.

Charlie Page

P.S. Do you know WHY a P.S. is important? You will when you get INSTANT ACCESS to the Ezine Advertising Live members area download the audio for Call 3.

EMOTIONAL PEAK #4 – The peak here is pure curiosity. Notice how I actually asked a question and then did not answer the question. That leaves the reader needing to know the answer, and needing to buy my product to get the answer. This link generated big clicks.

The P.S. is one of the first things people read so putting your hanging question here is a good strategy.

CALL TO ACTION #4. I never waste an emotional peak, even if it’s in the P.S.

— END OF ANALYSIS —

Key Concepts To Take Away From This Article

Why did it work? Because it does TWO THINGS well.

Uses a Super Motivator well – the fear of loss motivator runs throughout the ad

Calls for action at emotional peak points – this is very important for getting more clicks.

I want you to be able to use the information in this article, so let me share with you the three keys I feel are most important.

The headline matters most

Your copy does not need to be long … but it does need to be powerful

Tell them what to do early and often

I hope you enjoyed this analysis of a successful solo ad. Feel free to copy the ad and change the wording in any way you like to make it fit the product you are promoting.

If you did like this article please leave your comment below and take a brief moment to tweet it out as well.

Thank you for your time!

http://trck.me/204898/banner.jpg

Rudi Vanhaecke
Bronze Team Leader SFI
Inrernet Marketing Professional

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zp626e.jpg

Waterstraat 59
8730 Beernem
Belgium
Europe

rudihomebusiness@gmail.com
Mobile: +32496292333