Marketing Checkpoint

Tons of Traffic but no profits

More important than traffic is conversions, which often requires testing and tracking your ads.. This means split testing different landing pages or even programs to see what is resulting in best results for you. I always use free traffic sources to build my list first, then I can follow-up with my list on multiple things over time.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

Darren said it best - conversions. It's the most important statistic to track. For example, if you're getting 10,000 visits to a website yet are not able to track the results for leads, sales, customers, or signups, you'll struggle to make any progress.

Are you sending the traffic to our Gano Excel main page? Maybe that's the problem, but without testing as Darren mentioned, you won't know what is producing results.

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

Funny you should bring that up, Darren and I have been in conversation about the same thing.  I'm now spending more time and effort on tracking where my hits are coming from, and from what ads.  I'm looking for conversions too, trying to take my shotgun approach down to an eventual sniper approach.  Keep your chin up, it's not just you.

Just echoing the other comments here... many people use tracking to determine which advertising sources work better but the real key of tracking is customizing more responsive advertising... like they mentioned using a lead capture page is essential, not only is it EASIER for the people you are advertising to (they just put in their email address and keep going, don't even have to leave the page or stop what they are doing) but provides much greater opportunities for follow up.

• 2 weeks later...

2 cents of an idea to Tracy:

Yes, do split-testing and tracking with the tons and tons of traffic...

but always send traffic to a structured 3-page-pack:

* First page (landing page): Squeeze / mail capture

that leads to

* Second page (AFTER you got the mail): Your main Gano Excel affilliate offer page

then

* Third page: pop-up or closing/changing from other previous pages...

Just implementing first 2 pages will reassure you, at least, an e-mail to follow-up!

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I'm using lots of traffic exchanges and lots of mailers I'm getting tons and tons of traffic but still no sales and Gano Excel is an excellent product,..what am I doing wrong?

That's my question too! I have been doing 200 posts in both [daily] and no sales yet

2 cents of an idea to Tracy:

Yes, do split-testing and tracking with the tons and tons of traffic...

but always send traffic to a structured 3-page-pack:

* First page (landing page): Squeeze / mail capture

that leads to

* Second page (AFTER you got the mail): Your main Gano Excel affilliate offer page

then

* Third page: pop-up or closing/changing from other previous pages...

Just implementing first 2 pages will reassure you, at least, an e-mail to follow-up!

I clicked the wrong button at first, anyway I would like some help with knowing how to do that please, anyone.

That's my question too! I have been doing 200 posts in both [daily] and no sales yet

There's a lot more you have to consider; What is your messaging? Have you done any split testing? Do you track links? ....and so on. Simple posting doesn't automatically equate to sales.

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Traffic exchanges and viral mailers are a unique advertising method, just like Google Adwords and Facebook ads are. You have to test, track and tweak your campaigns to the point where your results are better then the month your investing and/or time spent. Like with any marketing method you need to learn it adapt to it and create custom campaigns that get you the results you need.

For viralmailers and traffic exchanges it comes down to two things.

1. Not all traffic exchanges and viral mailers are good some are beat up bot and cheat magnets (which you will see in your tracking) find rankers like affiliate funnel, traffic hoopla etc to get a decent idea of where to first focus your attention and then expand on it slowly.

2. Normally long sales copy wont work but if your page is built right it still will. Your opt in or join button should be above the fold and a big headline that draws people in to get more information or want to join your site is key. Do split testing with separate headlines as one person might read something and pass but then read another headline that relates to them and end up joining.

Guest MarketingYouControl

1. Where do you send your traffic?

To send traffic directly to a sales page is usually a mistake. You need as everyone else already said

a funnel - an OPTin and capture page so you can then follow up with the visitors.
You need to have a tested and working follow system where the emails are written in a way

that want people to come back to your website.

2. Is your website converting sales?

Is your website already making sales? If it has made sales you can then look what kind of
traffic you are sending to it - but if your website is not done professionally in order to make

the sale happen, no matter how much traffic you will send, you will get no sale.

3. Where is your traffic coming from?

What is the quality of the traffic. Is it free? (nothing is ever free) or are those
visitors that already bought something just in the last days - related to what
you are selling - you want to get BUYING people in front of your offer,

NOT "interested" people which are usually low quality.

There is on way around to work with paid traffic in the end.

Free traffic has a major flaw: you can not scale free traffic, ever.

Your day is limited and if you use your "time" to pay for "free traffic"
you are limited. If you outsource it - then it will cost you money.

So you have to face the facts and pay for traffic and then rather

go for quality traffic and not in order "save money" go for ridiculous
worthless "visitors" that will not even take something for free.

4. Is your traffic actually interested in the topic/service/product you

are offering?

If you traffic is coming from a too generic source of "keywords"

or are not pre-qualified and matched to your offer you are more

likely not getting a sale.

TIP: You need to know your customer.
Some of the tips above do not make sense

"in general" - you can not say that "LONG SALES COPY DOES NOT WORK".

It highly depends on your audience.

In some of my landing pages I actually offer people if they

want to see a video, read a letter or rather join a live webinar
after they sign up (ask me if you want to see that landing page
in private)

Hope this helps.

You need to know your customer.

Some of the tips above do not make sense

"in general" - you can not say that "LONG SALES COPY DOES NOT WORK".

It highly depends on your audience.

In some of my landing pages I actually offer people if they

want to see a video, read a letter or rather join a live webinar

after they sign up (ask me if you want to see that landing page

in private)

BRILLIANT!

Hope you don't sue me if I put this approach on test... :ph34r:

Guest MarketingYouControl

LOL. go ahead as my favorite mentor says: "Ideas are nothing than neurological flatulence. Excecution makes it smell like a rose."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Lead capture pages linked to your autoresponder will work much better than trying to advertise the generic splash page which will be advertised by 100 other affiliates of the same program.

Try social networking sites building your connections there then create groups within so when you get new connections you can invite them to join your group the theme being your business.Update your groups daily.These type of leads can be of high quality as they have already connected to you.

Facebook/LinkedIn/Adlandpro just to name a few will work for the above.

Being consistant and keeping at it daily will produce results.Good luck

To Your Sucess
Steve Man :D

Take your marketing to the next level with Referral Frenzy.

http://tinyurl.com/frenzy8048