Marketing Checkpoint

Abandoned Safelists/Mailers

Interesting update to report:

I posted in this thread months back reporting one particular safelist mailer that had been abandoned and just noticed my post here had been recently deleted.

I also mentioned the safelist admin by name and I believe he read my post here, re-activated the safelist and contacted Marketing Checkpoint admin to have my post deleted.

I don't think its a coincidence that he recently re-activated that particular safelist right after I called him out in this thread. (The site was offline for 8+ months)

I think its great to keep ad site owners accountable when a lot of them charge high lifetime OTO fees but then abandon them for whatever reason shortly thereafter.

I haven't deleted any posts except spam posts, Pretty sure that's the same for Matt, so nobody would have removed that...and nobody else has privileges to delete posts. I have no problem if you name sites/names and your experience with them, that is part of having a discussion.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the List Viral  members area it now says "ListViral Has Been Acquired By TimTech".

I no longer have an upgrade there, had a yearly upgrade before.

You're invited to my NEW site List Impact.

http://www.listimpact.com/affiliate/banners/468x60b.jpg

Want me to build a profitable advertising site for you? Contact me.
I have a "done-for-you service" for serious marketers (limited).

In the List Viral  members area it now says "ListViral Has Been Acquired By TimTech".

I no longer have an upgrade there, had a yearly upgrade before.

Yea they must have heard that he was shutting it down and they decided to acquire it instead. They probably want everyone to restart their upgrades, which makes sense because otherwise you'd still be paying Matt.

My Blog

Yea they must have heard that he was shutting it down and they decided to acquire it instead. They probably want everyone to restart their upgrades, which makes sense because otherwise you'd still be paying Matt.

I would think they would give good information about the change over so that nothing would be left in the lurch. This should be a simple change over without this kind of problem.

• 1 month later...

Site's still alive, or perhaps alive again.

Not that I would join with a membership of 550 or 305, depending on which page you are on.  Hardly seems worth it to me.

Glad they're alive and kickin'.  With the casualties of VM's, who knows in 5 minutes though.

A site with 1, 550, 305 or 1,000+ doesn't matter as much as the results you get. In some cases the success of the site success could depend on my activity and promotion of the site. If it is to be it is up to me.

• 2 weeks later...

these sites probably dropped off weeks ago but I was just tidying up my bookmarks list and I noticed yourluckylist.com and listbandit.com have gone offline.

I might be wrong but I'm sure yourluckylist was one of the very first viral list builders (just after Gary launched thelistmachine) yep that's gone as well.

Seems a shame as the membership sizes back then were huge! I think listbandit grew to 100,000 members if not double that. I definitely made some good commissions. I guess there wasn't really any competition back then.

ok going off topic. Add Gary's sites yourluckylist, listbandit and thelistmachine to the scrapheap.

2500 FREE Credits at ViralAdStore.com for Marketing Checkpoint members!

Use Promo Code: marketingcheckpoint in the Members Area > My Account > Promo Codes

these sites probably dropped off weeks ago but I was just tidying up my bookmarks list and I noticed yourluckylist.com and listbandit.com have gone offline.

I might be wrong but I'm sure yourluckylist was one of the very first viral list builders (just after Gary launched thelistmachine) yep that's gone as well.

Seems a shame as the membership sizes back then were huge! I think listbandit grew to 100,000 members if not double that. I definitely made some good commissions. I guess there wasn't really any competition back then.

ok going off topic. Add Gary's sites yourluckylist, listbandit and thelistmachine to the scrapheap.

Yea those have been offline a long time now, but still worth mentioning - good point.

My Blog

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone still use mailers that are running the old Traffic Python script? I think the script was MyTrafficBusiness 2.0

Brett seemed to sell thousands of those and some of the sites grew really big.

I still have advertisefreeforlife.com,  traffic-eruption.com and viraltrafficoutbreak.com on my bookmarks list but it seems most sites running that script have been abandoned. I guess it had a few bugs and owners moved on.

Use Promo Code: marketingcheckpoint in the Members Area > My Account > Promo Codes

Does anyone still use mailers that are running the old Traffic Python script? I think the script was MyTrafficBusiness 2.0

Brett seemed to sell thousands of those and some of the sites grew really big.

I still have advertisefreeforlife.com,  traffic-eruption.com and viraltrafficoutbreak.com on my bookmarks list but it seems most sites running that script have been abandoned. I guess it had a few bugs and owners moved on.

I don't think so.. I don't see anyone using that anymore.

My Blog

I just ran CTR tests....

A mailing to 3000 random members at advertisefreeforlife.com returned 6 clicks.

A mailing to 6076 members at traffic-eruption.com resulted in 0 clicks.

I think we can scrub these.

I guess Kenneth Kraakstad and Walter Bayliss have moved onto new ventures.

I just ran CTR tests....

A mailing to 3000 random members at advertisefreeforlife.com returned 6 clicks.

A mailing to 6076 members at traffic-eruption.com resulted in 0 clicks.

I think we can scrub these.

I guess Kenneth Kraakstad and Walter Bayliss have moved onto new ventures.

Yea, I haven't used either of those for a long time.

My Blog

• 1 month later...