Photo

Is a good idea to attach a blog to a e-Commerce site?

blog blogging e-commerce products store

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 paulserban

paulserban

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

An e-Commerce site is dedicated to sell products (any kind, doesn't matter what you have to).

I have saw recently a video on Youtube where somebody attached a blog to an e-Commerce site (made in Wordpress).

What are the benefits of this? Attract more customers, search engines, or just to rank?

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

#2 paulserban

paulserban

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

An e-Commerce site is dedicated to sell products (any kind, doesn't matter what you have to).

I have saw recently a video on Youtube where somebody attached a blog to an e-Commerce site (made in Wordpress).

What are the benefits of this? Attract more customers, search engines, or just to rank?

I saw more videos to this subject and it seems to be a good idea for your brand, rank and to attract customers.

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

#3 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:51 AM

Paul, I'd say anything that attracts extra traffic to your site is definitely a good thing! 

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#4 Matt Koshko

Matt Koshko

Do Good!

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

An eCommerce site is usually pretty static (other than adding new or changing products). Having a dynamic blog where content is added each week can only help. In fact, Shopify (an eCommerce solution I know very well) has a blogging component built in to the solution.

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

#5 Guest_MarketingYouControl_*

Guest_MarketingYouControl_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

Providing youtube videos with tutorials or show cases with your products and services is a powerful thing.
To create a youtube channel with your brand can bring so much extra business. However it needs to provide

entertainment or/and real value for the target market that you have for your products and services.

Blogging is the same way - you can react to questions from customers and while posting a "Frequently asked

questions" - static page section might be a good thing - it is more interactive if you do those "Q&A"-sessions in
a blog where additional people could add comments and share their thoughts with you - which can be so valuable

if people speak their mind and you can improve and add value to your customers by acting on their suggestions

and insights!

#6 rpsmith

rpsmith

Hot

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:38 PM

I think blogs can be very useful to an ecommerce site. You can relate news, special events, or updates on your product or service. It seems to keep the interest alive and can even generate new customers.

To Suceed online you need leads to make sales!

Get them from Google+ and Twitter! Free Trial!

Click Here!

#7 Sincharde

Sincharde

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLagos

Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:22 AM

I have seen a lot of e-commerce sites having a blog added. I think it is a good way of generating more traffic, hits, leads. I have seen a lot of Wordpress Themes as well have a special space for blogs. 

Do This & Automatically Attract Lot Of Hits / Leads / Interested People To Your Business Everyday For Free - Click Here

Apply To Be Assigned 3,000 Visits For Your Business / Random Referrals / Multiple $3 Commissions & Over $500,000 Membership Earnings For Free - Click Here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blog, blogging, e-commerce, products store

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users