Marketing Checkpoint

Traffic exchanges in 2023

I've been absent from traffic exchanges for a few yeas but I'd like to use them again for my promotions.

But last week I was shocked when I tried a few that hardly moved my credits. Some TE's that were popular five years ago seem to miss active surfers.

Of course there are also good ones and I realise times have changed. What worked then doesn't have to work now.

Can you give me advice on good performing traffic exchanges?

• 1 month later...

Can you give me advice on good performing traffic exchanges?

Hi Walter,

I highly recommend Submit Ads 4 Free which I have listed in the Program Forum at:

https://www.marketingcheckpoint.com/topic/4259-submit-ads-4-free-submitads4freecom/?p=28880

I have signed up 215+ members for the site since I joined June 29, 2022 and I'm still signing members up.

I like the 5 Level Rewards System

We have upgraded our system to allow for 5 levels of credit rewards from your Referrals Members can now earn :

Level 1 - 15%

Level 2 - 10% 

Level 3 - 5%

Level 4 - 1%

Level 5 - 1%

• 3 weeks later...

Great post and answers.  Just what I was looking for today having tried out quite a few exchanges to boost Coop links to get even more free traffic to links to squeeze pages.  Nice one.

:) FREE DOWNLOAD ACCESS: Unlimited Promo Codes for Unlimited FREE Traffic: CLICK HERE   :) Unlimted FREE Traffic Vault Rocks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Walter,

I highly recommend Submit Ads 4 Free which I have listed in the Program Forum at:

https://www.marketingcheckpoint.com/topic/4259-submit-ads-4-free-submitads4freecom/?p=28880

I have signed up 215+ members for the site since I joined June 29, 2022 and I'm still signing members up.

I like the 5 Level Rewards System

We have upgraded our system to allow for 5 levels of credit rewards from your Referrals Members can now earn :

Level 1 - 15%

Level 2 - 10% 

Level 3 - 5%

Level 4 - 1%

Level 5 - 1%

Thank You Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk)

• 4 weeks later...
Traffic swap networks will become even more important because they allow businesses to get more people to visit their websites by trading visits with other websites.

Traffic exchanges will get smarter, adding things like automatic bidding algorithms, automated traffic distribution, and more advanced targeting features.

Really? Sounds ll very interesting - Looking forward to it when it happens

Traffic swap networks will become even more important because they allow businesses to get more people to visit their websites by trading visits with other websites.

Traffic exchanges will get smarter, adding things like automatic bidding algorithms, automated traffic distribution, and more advanced targeting features.

:) FREE DOWNLOAD ACCESS: Unlimited Promo Codes for Unlimited FREE Traffic: CLICK HERE   :) Unlimted FREE Traffic Vault Rocks!!

All this has been done before, many many times. It fell out out of favor years ago, like a dozen years ago - pre 2010 era. Because of 1 thing not taken into account, it just fell out of popularity. Oh, I think one older TE does still do these things, I think it may be webmasterquest. Which is pre 2010 era.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

I really haven't had much success with traffic exchanges.

Hi Vic,

What are you promoting?

Do they have to buy products or services to join?

Are you offering the members something that they need and want to grow their business?

For me, I promote programs that members can join for free and have the options to upgrade if they need or want more features and benefits.

We can't blame the Traffic Exchanges if we're promoting products or services that the members don't need or want.

Perhaps I should rather say I have better success with credit based list builders than I do with traffic exchanges.  Mailers seem to give me a better return on investment for time spent.

Mailers are my main method of advertising to reach more people with a single click. :)

As we all probably have a huge amount of mailers we use are there any favourites out there which have seen amazing results?

I do like the beginning of the month when referral frenzy adds the bonus credits as well as all the other mailers I use.

Mailers are my main method of advertising to reach more people with a single click. :)

That was my thought also.  LOL  :D  :D  :D

Traffic exchanges are not exactly known for being high tech. While it sounds really interesting, I think chances of anyone adding such features in the near future are slim. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems to me that Traffic Exchanges are really good for... promoting other traffic exchanges.

If your business model revolves around your downline upgrading, then this might be worthwhile.

But I've noticed that many Traffic Exchanges simply revolve around displaying splash pages for other exchanges.

Whether this is due to so much abuse towards Traffic Exchanges in the past, I'm not sure. You can be

sure though, there are simply way too many restrictions that Traffic Exchanges place on marketers.

That, and the fact that it's now expected that your ad will only show for 5 to 10 seconds at a time (even

as a free member) that the typical result for users has been dismally low.

When you're looking for a good affiliate program to get into, using a mailer or safelist is the way to go, as 

opposed to expecting something decent to be featured in a Traffic Exchange.