Marketing Checkpoint

Payment Processors

Besides the obvious (PayPal!) what else do people use please and can anyone recommend a payment processor?

I just rely 100% on PayPal but I think it would be wise to expand.

It would also be interesting to hear if many people use bitcoins.

After all the hype things seem to have gone a little quiet, although I could be totally wrong with that assumption.

Thanks!

2500 FREE Credits at ViralAdStore.com for Marketing Checkpoint members!

Use Promo Code: marketingcheckpoint in the Members Area > My Account > Promo Codes

These seem to be the most stable:  Payza, Bitcoin, Paypal, Solidtrustpay.  Bitcoin is really gaining in popularity, but I think Paypal is bigger than all the rest put together.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

I use PayPal, because I have never had a problem with them, and that is good for my financial business. I have an alternate account at Solid trust pay, simply because some places/people use it and not PayPal.

I am not using bitcoin, because I am still trying to understand it and if it can be useful to me. It appears that it is a currency to use only online.

Andrea

15 JUL 2015

Bitcoin Trends In The First Half Of 2015

It’s already past the halfway mark in 2015 and we thought it would be a good time to provide an overview of the trends that we’re seeing in Bitcoin this year. While the price of bitcoin is down 9% year-to-date, if you look below the surface it is clear that Bitcoin had a strong first half and is making great strides as digital money for people around the world and a payment network for innovation.

Price

While the price is down 9% YTD (as of July 13), it's up over 213% over a two year time frame. It appears the price has now stabilized in the wake of bitcoin’s third bubble, after the price increased 50x in 2013.

Volatility

At the same time, several major exchanges (including Coinbase Exchange) launched in the U.S and the infrastructure required to buy, sell and store bitcoin has improved significantly. This has attracted more institutional investors to the market and volatility has decreased as a result.

Number of wallets

People around the world are increasingly adopting bitcoin as digital money. There are now somewhere between 5 and 10 million bitcoin wallet holders around the world, with 2.4M users and 3.1M wallets on Coinbase.

Number of transactions

The number of transactions per day on the Bitcoin network is rapidly accelerating. The network averaged 60,590 transactions per day in June 2014 and 117,474 transactions per day in June 2015. (Note that this does not include the recent spikes due to load testing and spam on the network.) That’s a 94% increase in monthly transactions over the past year

Demographics

The global nature of bitcoin is one of its most unique characteristics and the Coinbase user base is rapidly accelerating outside the U.S.. We support bitcoin wallets in over 190 countries, buy/sell functionality in 25 countries, and mobile and web translations in 7 different languages. As a result of our international expansion work, 47% of Coinbase wallet holders are now from countries outside the US.Hong Kong, Tunisia, Philippines, Romania and Algeria were the countries that experienced the most user growth in the first half of 2015
Of countries that had more than 1,000 users as of 12/31/2014*

We’ve seen increased diversity not just in the location of users but also the age of users. It’s no secret that Bitcoin is known for being dominated by young, tech-savvy, early adopters. We’re increasingly seeing interest from people over the age of 35 though and now roughly 34% of Coinbase users are over 35.

Developer interest

The developer ecosystem in Bitcoin has also grown significantly in the first half of 2015. There are now more than 7,000 applications built by developers on Coinbase and we’ve seen a number of apps gain significant traction with Coinbase users thus far this year, including ChangeTipLawnmower, and Zapchain. See ourapp gallery for a larger list of Coinbase Apps.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

PayPal is certainly a popular solution when selling online worldwide but some countries are still limited to open accounts, which means that not all of your potential customers can buy your product so you may be losing revenues for this reason. If you are selling digital products check out PayPro Global. We offer a great solution for accepting payments online worldwide. The supported payment options include:

Credit/Debit cards - Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Diners, Discover, JCB, Solo, Maestro, iDEAL etc.

International - PayPal, WebMoney, Real-time Bank Transfer

Localized - Alipay, Boleto Bancario, QIWI, Yandex.Money, etc.

Traditional - Phone Order, Fax Order, Check / Cash, Wire Transfer

Our checkouts support multi currency, are available in multiple languages and are very easy to implement on the website.

We also provide our clients with professional 24/7 customer support service, fraud and dispute management.

For more information feel free to contact us through the website.