Marketing Checkpoint

Mailing Limits Poll

Mailing Limits  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If a mailer upgrade allows you to mail for free, plus any additional using credits... which would you prefer?

• Mail to 1,000 per day for free plus any additional using credits
    • Mail to 3,000 every 3 days for free plus any additional using credits

My normal practice is to cycle through all my connections at least once a month. In some/many cases I visit the site more than once a month and when I visit the site I mail to the max. I use tools like Referral Frenzy, Mailer Ninja, and SL Genie. This gives me great control over my promos. I have a list of all my connections listed in an Excell Spreadsheet which I sort by date. My process seems to give me the best control over my promos without the fear of any free membership being terminated, Also I upgrade as my finances allow. This is a process which works for me as a result whether I have 1000 or 3000, or 1 day, 3 day, or what I think I am getting the best use of the sites I am a member of.

To be honest, I seldom use the mailer anyway. I joined here for the forum and would rather spend my time contributing what I can to build a reputation as a knowledgable, helpful associate that people may want to associate with, than sending out messages that most often get ignored once credit is given.

sig.jpg

Given if a membership has over 3000 members, I would prefer mailing to 3000 every 3 days + extra using credits.

At one go, you can reach all members rather than missing out some members.

Yes, reaching as many members as possible is the whole idea.  If you mail to 1000 at a time, and are able to mail to more, then your risking mailing to the same people twice or three times.  :)

Yes, reaching as many members as possible is the whole idea.  If you mail to 1000 at a time, and are able to mail to more, then your risking mailing to the same people twice or three times.   :)

Interesting idea, even if the same person is a member of 100 mailers and you send the same message to all 100 in one day that person will probably not realize you are the same person with the same message that day because they are reading the messages for their own reason. This is more a process of numbers over content. They will react to you promo depending on weather you are there at the right time when they are looking for something. That something can be a need to change or an unhappiness with their current situation or you catch their interest. This is one of the reason you should promote often because then you can provide them with what they need when they need it.

Yes, reaching as many members as possible is the whole idea.  If you mail to 1000 at a time, and are able to mail to more, then your risking mailing to the same people twice or three times.   :)

My goal would be to reach fewer members, but make them be the most active ones. So if we mail only 1,000 and repeat it, the active ones will see our message more often.

sig.jpg

The whole idea of mailing imitations on free members is to get you to upgrade.  But unless the money doesn't matter to you, I've found upgrades to be pretty much a waste of money.  Just about 99% of people who click on your safelist ad aren't going to read your email anyway, no matter how cleverly crafted it is.  They're just clicking for credits....and trying to accumulate them as quickly as possible, meaning that they won't take the time to see what it is that you're offering. They go straight for the credit link, wait the 10 seconds or so required, collect their credits and move on to the next ad.

When a mailing site first launches, that's usually when you'll get the most clicks on your ads.  That's because there are usually promo codes for new members which allow them to mail with minimal (or no) clicking involved. Once those credits are used, people stop using the site and the clicks go down. This pattern happens on EVERY mailing site launched.  No exceptions.  The most heavily promoted sites (especially by the recognized "heavy hitters" ) will gain the most new members the fastest, and therefore be the most valuable to you...initially anyway.

By advertising in sheer volume and spending a lot of time doing it, you will get a few sales here and there.  But you'll never make the big money advertising through safelists.  Advertising on mailers/safelists in general is an extremely time consuming chore for free members, and usually doesn't result in enough profit to really make it worthwhile at all.  You could make more money working at McDonalds.  But hey...at least you're doing it on your own schedule and you're your own boss.  That has to be worth something :-)

Steve I believe your assumptions are very accurate, excapt the last one. I am retired and doing well, so there is no way I would take a job at McDonalds or be a Walmart greeter or any other brain-dead job for minimum wage. I would rather sit in front of my computer killing ime by clicking on penny ads. I would venture to say I am not alone.

sig.jpg