#1 oldbuddy

oldbuddy

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:13 PM

Most Twitter pundits advocate limiting Tweets to even less than the 160 characters allowed, so they are more likely to get retweeted (it leaves space for editing), but I think I discovered a better way.

If you create a video to upload to YouTube and make sure you get a thumbnail that spells out your message, then link to that from your Twitter feed with the thumbnail displayed in your Tweet, you can get a much more intense message across to your viewers.

For an example see: https://twitter.com/...630968626774016

6min.jpg

#2 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 682 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:15 PM

Great tip, thanks for sharing! You can do this with either a video or an image to get a lot better exposure for your tweets.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#3 market101

market101

On Fire!

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 December 2015 - 12:58 AM

I have been doing it with images.  I think videos are too time-consuming for a lot of people.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

#4 oldbuddy

oldbuddy

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:00 AM

I have been doing it with images.  I think videos are too time-consuming for a lot of people.

Show us an example and let's compare notes. Personally I think posting in a community like this is too time consuming for a lot of people, but there are others who thrive on it. I love making videos and appreciate the amount of information they can convey in a couple of minutes. I do a lot of reading online and the general consensus is video is in.

6min.jpg

#5 affordwealth

affordwealth

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA, USA

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

Just came across this topic.

I know that videos work great and I use them.

Nevertheless I myself don't like them and every time I come across a video, I automatically look for text information. I'm from a readers' generation.  There are very few videos that combine good presentation with good content. Either one of those is suffering or both.

And long presentations most of the time just bore me. I don't want to listen to the speaker's life story, descriptions of how poor and broke he/she was, and then found somebody who revealed a secret, and how many millions they made after they got this secret, and so it goes, until in the end of an hour you get a sales pitch selling you the same priceless secret.

Life webinars are even worse. With recorded videos I at least can jump over the boring staff.  

I'm afraid that this post will be perceived as a complete rejection of all videos and webinars. Not at all. About 5% of them are good, so with time I've developed a skill in recognizing good stuff in the first minute or so.

5% is kinda magical number. It comes from a so called Theodor Sturgeon Law that in simplified form goes like that: "95% of everything is crap"

More about this universal law later.

#6 oldbuddy

oldbuddy

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:08 PM

In my opinion, the common pitch you described is not going to work very well (if at all) no matter how it is presented. But if you prepare a short video with a collar grabbing statement at the beginning and real valuable content to expand on the original interest instead of throwing a wet blanket over it, you stand a good chance of establishing contact on an intelligent level that you can cultivate. At least you will get their attention, then the rest is up to you.

As a side note, I can't begin to count the gold nuggets I have dug out of that 95% crap you denounced. One good nugget can justify an hour of my time (while I do something else), any day of the week.

Just came across this topic.

I know that videos work great and I use them.

Nevertheless I myself don't like them and every time I come across a video, I automatically look for text information. I'm from a readers' generation.  There are very few videos that combine good presentation with good content. Either one of those is suffering or both.

And long presentations most of the time just bore me. I don't want to listen to the speaker's life story, descriptions of how poor and broke he/she was, and then found somebody who revealed a secret, and how many millions they made after they got this secret, and so it goes, until in the end of an hour you get a sales pitch selling you the same priceless secret.

Life webinars are even worse. With recorded videos I at least can jump over the boring staff.  

I'm afraid that this post will be perceived as a complete rejection of all videos and webinars. Not at all. About 5% of them are good, so with time I've developed a skill in recognizing good stuff in the first minute or so.

5% is kinda magical number. It comes from a so called Theodor Sturgeon Law that in simplified form goes like that: "95% of everything is crap"

More about this universal law later.

6min.jpg

#7 affordwealth

affordwealth

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA, USA

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:13 PM

@oldbuddy  - I do agree with most of what you said, although I see a lot of junk sold and sold.

And about gold nuggets, they have a tendency to hide in crap. In other words, when you think that you've found a jewel in 95% - you are actually searching in 100%.

#8 oldbuddy

oldbuddy

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:05 PM

@oldbuddy  - I do agree with most of what you said, although I see a lot of junk sold and sold.

If you want to believe what you see, I won't argue with you. It's your choice. I am more interested in working with individuals one-on-one and that takes making contact on common ground. If I work a month and only find one new serious prospect, I am fine with that. It just means I have more time to spend with them.

6min.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, tricks, work around, tweets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users