Marketing Checkpoint

More Than 160 Character Tweets

oldbuddy

Most Twitter pundits advocate limiting Tweets to even less than the 160 characters allowed, so they are more likely to get retweeted (it leaves space for editing), but I think I discovered a better way.

If you create a video to upload to YouTube and make sure you get a thumbnail that spells out your message, then link to that from your Twitter feed with the thumbnail displayed in your Tweet, you can get a much more intense message across to your viewers.

For an example see: https://twitter.com/startacheapblog/status/678630968626774016

sig.jpg

I have been doing it with images.  I think videos are too time-consuming for a lot of people.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

I have been doing it with images.  I think videos are too time-consuming for a lot of people.

Show us an example and let's compare notes. Personally I think posting in a community like this is too time consuming for a lot of people, but there are others who thrive on it. I love making videos and appreciate the amount of information they can convey in a couple of minutes. I do a lot of reading online and the general consensus is video is in.

sig.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just came across this topic.

I know that videos work great and I use them.

Nevertheless I myself don't like them and every time I come across a video, I automatically look for text information. I'm from a readers' generation.  There are very few videos that combine good presentation with good content. Either one of those is suffering or both.

And long presentations most of the time just bore me. I don't want to listen to the speaker's life story, descriptions of how poor and broke he/she was, and then found somebody who revealed a secret, and how many millions they made after they got this secret, and so it goes, until in the end of an hour you get a sales pitch selling you the same priceless secret.

Life webinars are even worse. With recorded videos I at least can jump over the boring staff.  

I'm afraid that this post will be perceived as a complete rejection of all videos and webinars. Not at all. About 5% of them are good, so with time I've developed a skill in recognizing good stuff in the first minute or so.

5% is kinda magical number. It comes from a so called Theodor Sturgeon Law that in simplified form goes like that: "95% of everything is crap"

More about this universal law later.

In my opinion, the common pitch you described is not going to work very well (if at all) no matter how it is presented. But if you prepare a short video with a collar grabbing statement at the beginning and real valuable content to expand on the original interest instead of throwing a wet blanket over it, you stand a good chance of establishing contact on an intelligent level that you can cultivate. At least you will get their attention, then the rest is up to you.

As a side note, I can't begin to count the gold nuggets I have dug out of that 95% crap you denounced. One good nugget can justify an hour of my time (while I do something else), any day of the week.

Just came across this topic.

I know that videos work great and I use them.

Nevertheless I myself don't like them and every time I come across a video, I automatically look for text information. I'm from a readers' generation.  There are very few videos that combine good presentation with good content. Either one of those is suffering or both.

And long presentations most of the time just bore me. I don't want to listen to the speaker's life story, descriptions of how poor and broke he/she was, and then found somebody who revealed a secret, and how many millions they made after they got this secret, and so it goes, until in the end of an hour you get a sales pitch selling you the same priceless secret.

Life webinars are even worse. With recorded videos I at least can jump over the boring staff.  

I'm afraid that this post will be perceived as a complete rejection of all videos and webinars. Not at all. About 5% of them are good, so with time I've developed a skill in recognizing good stuff in the first minute or so.

5% is kinda magical number. It comes from a so called Theodor Sturgeon Law that in simplified form goes like that: "95% of everything is crap"

More about this universal law later.

sig.jpg

@oldbuddy  - I do agree with most of what you said, although I see a lot of junk sold and sold.

If you want to believe what you see, I won't argue with you. It's your choice. I am more interested in working with individuals one-on-one and that takes making contact on common ground. If I work a month and only find one new serious prospect, I am fine with that. It just means I have more time to spend with them.

sig.jpg