Marketing Checkpoint

What if banks operated like Paypal?

Thomas H. Keoppel

Let me paint a picture for you:

Imagine you want to open a business account at a bank.
You are not asking to borrow money, you just need an account to handle your money.

The bank will first want to review your business plan anyway.
That being done, they approve your account.

After a about a month, the bank notices you are doing some pretty large transactions, so they decide to review your business plan again.
Still good.

A few months pass, and your business has been having phenomenal growth.
 The bank takes another look and decides because you are doing so well, to give you a special account with lower fees.

A couple more months pass, another review, even though there has been no change on the part of your business other than constant growth, the bank wants you to increase your reserve funds.
Just to make the bank comfortable, so you do.

Then a couple weeks later, out of the blue, the bank calls to invite you to come in for a meeting.
They tell you they have changed their policy, and you will need to change the way you do business in order to comply with these changes.

After about a month of trying to negotiate an agreement, acceptable terms can not be reached between the two parties.
So the bank freezes your account, you will not be able to touch any of your money for 180 days!
How convenient that you just made a rather large deposit at the banks request.

This may sound like a nightmare fiction story, but Paypal did just this,
minus the initial review.
They would rather let people use their service, and then decide at some later point in time, if that business meets their terms.
If it does not, that account gets frozen.

This practice has caused thousands upon thousands of people like me to lose untold amounts of money, because most business are forced to fold. And who knows how much time has been wasted in the building of those businesses.

I am no expert, but I doubt a bank in this country could get away with this.
Who would do business with a financial institution like that?

Now the point of all this: Is there anything that can be done to compel Paypal to change the way they do business, and stop killing internet businesses?

I am afraid to put my name on this because Paypal may find a reason to freeze my account, but what the hell.

Best wishes for success,

Thomas H. Keoppel

P.S. I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it any more!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there already another online company that does what paypal does, but is affiliate-friendly?

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

• 9 months later...
Guest mrclean0325

The main problem is PayPal is not a bank and doesn't have to follow any bank rules. They make whatever rules they want and the people that use them have to comply or tough cookies. It is no different than using "Uncle Guido" to process your money and he can make the terms whatever he wants depending on his mood. "Oh, I have thousands of your money? I don't feel like giving you any today - come back next week". PayPal is a shortcut for people who won't or can't open a regular business bank account and set up a merchant account to take credit card payments.

Life before PayPal was you got sent a check or money order to get paid for your online stuff. The only way to get paid by a credit card was to have a business bank account, open a merchant account, and get a shopping cart. Way too expensive an option for a small home business to afford and make any profit. Sure it took longer, but you knew the money was yours and you didn't have to worry about it disappearing or being frozen. You didn't send the merchandise until the check cleared so there wasn't any of the "I will buy it then dispute it and get it for free".

Until the IRS required PayPal to report people who had produced income through them, it was the heyday for making money on the side. It was, "Yeah, pay me through PayPal and i won't have to claim it as income". Those days are over though. Yes, it is convenient to use PayPal; but, you get no benefits of using an actual bank where you can control where the money goes and unless there is a legally obtained warrant or something - a bank has no reason to be in your business or freeze you accounts.

Everyone uses them because they are cheap and easy. Just have an email address, put a link on your site, and you are in business. Opposed to going through the paperwork, verification, and all the rest you have to go through to open a business account, get a merchant account, and a shopping cart set up. There is also a level of accountability and legitimacy when you go the latter route you don't have with PayPal. Anyone with an email address can send or receive money. I am not implying anyone using PayPal is not legitimate ....but nobody has multiple PayPal accounts do they...oh, sorry...I know a few people who do. Not that they use them for "bad" things...oh, sorry...I know a few who do do that too.

Yes, I do have a PayPal account. I have it linked to nothing and use a prepaid card to load it when there isn't enough from other things coming into it. I read the TOS on their "remedies" and I don't want to link any credit card or a real bank account to them from reading this information. I only got it because there was something I really wanted and I couldn't even use a credit card to purchase it unless I had a PayPal account - which is why I thought they used PayPal in the first place to process credit card payments, go figure.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to address this in two ways: First, everything seems to be geared towards Paypal. They are relatively easy to set up and use with fairly low cost fees. They make it easy for you to use their services and most people fall for it. They provide a number of needed services like fraud protection,etc. They have a monopoly on the payment processing industry. At one point in time, they refused to do business with anyone who had alternate payment processors.

Second, There are alternatives. The main drawback to the alternatives is that they require more paperwork and there are more details to deal with. I think this is the main reason people use Paypal. Though it has been awhile since I looked into this, I don't remember if the other payment processors had direct deposits to your accounts or not. I do remember that most only paid by monthly check.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Paypal is fine when you are nickel and diming and completing transactions of unnoticeable value which is waay o.k it's no biggie. Now suddenly if you begin to haul in larger than average transactions then the heavy audit of your business activities online begins.

Paypal will assume you are guilty of money laundering or are earning funds than should have been taxed at source but you have found some tricky way to avoid being taxed then you are in for a warm time once your account balances begin to reflect a significant uptick in deposits.

• 1 year later...

PayPal is not a bank. It is a money transfer agent. In my state (Virginia), PayPal is a money transfer licensee. As such I could file a complaint with the state licensing agent. I think if the state regulators received enough complaints, PayPal may be encouraged to change its business practices. (But probably not in my lifetime.)

PayPal froze my account last year. Fortunately, I transferred most of my PayPal cash balance to my PayPal credit card.

2nd468.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I use PayPal but the only reason is that I can then have an avenue to get a refund if the merchant doesn't honour the purchase agreement.  I have had two or three occasions where I ordered an item and something totally different arrived, I contacted PayPal and the merchant had to reimburse payment and on one occasion I received the product I initially ordered and did not have to return the incorrect item I had received.  I think that is the safeguard at least for someone who isn't getting large sums.  I do however, agree that having to wait 6months to get your money is ridiculous, it was bad enough that I had to wait a month I think, when I sold a $20 item on eBay!

Cheers.

Hi, I use PayPal but the only reason is that I can then have an avenue to get a refund if the merchant doesn't honour the purchase agreement.  I have had two or three occasions where I ordered an item and something totally different arrived, I contacted PayPal and the merchant had to reimburse payment and on one occasion I received the product I initially ordered and did not have to return the incorrect item I had received.  I think that is the safeguard at least for someone who isn't getting large sums.  I do however, agree that having to wait 6months to get your money is ridiculous, it was bad enough that I had to wait a month I think, when I sold a $20 item on eBay!

Cheers.

You dont need Ppal for that. Period.

They are a middle man between you and visa/mastercard/etc . You contact your credit card or bank for that. SInce 2019 paypal has been "fining" people 2500 a pop - some into the many 10's of thousands. With zero explaination on what the fines are done for. You dont even get a receipt or told beforehand. It says "Damages to paypal" they send the money to themselves and that is that. It always says the same thing.

Now they are getting even more aggressive this year, I closed my business account because its so spooky.

Look it up in google, twitter. If you are associated with a bad account user, you get told you are a "support of" and fined.

This company has transacted 100's of millions (if not billions) for schemes. They have been fined by the USA for violating sanctions. They have been fined by India for being involved in money laundering. And, they want 2.5 million out of the victims fund that they helped, on purpose, process those payments for!

They constantly fine people, get sued, fined, and now fine their users which is new to me, with the same reason of "damages" but no damages.

Good luck, I freaking hate them because they arent as they portray. You are no safer with the middleman there, than any other one. Too many other trusted sources to use besides them nowadays.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have used paypal for years for transactions with different vendors. Just recently I promoted a program and was paid the commission.of $50. Yahoo this was my first sale on the internet. Sad to say, I have yet to see this money, they claim

suspicious activity. Can you believe that. My account is frozen at this time. I told them that if they needed the money that bad, to do some good and donate it to the Saint Judes Hospital  and  I will not jump through hoops and do cartwheels for

some of the verifications they decided to come up with., these people are absolute knuckleheads.

• 2 months later...

Hi my name is Rachael,I am new to Marketing.I find this story is absolutely unbelievable,thank you for the heads up! This is a tough business to get started in as it is,but then have someone like Paypal to sabotage you,is just wrong on so many levels! I would think there would be some kind of law they are breaking? Thanks again for sharing!

• 8 months later...

The Click Engine Review ‐ Get 100% Real Buyer Traffic

The Click Engine delivers a stream of buyer traffic for a low monthly cost and Get
100% “REAL buyer traffic” to your offers on autopilot.
Okay, “Quality and Real Buyer Traffic” is exactly what I was looking for, it’s probably
the most important element of the sale. So what exactly is The Click Engine? How does
it work and bring in customers and money for you? Who is behind this product? Can I
make money by promoting The Click Engine as an affiliate marketer?
All will be “revealed” in great detail in Tachi Team’s The Click Engine review right
now!

WHAT IS The Click Engine

The Click Engine is a completely automated traffic generation service that will spit
out real buyer traffic, and so you build a list with buyers... You will get 100% autopilot
buyers traffic, clicks, and leads to any product of your choice.
For affiliate marketers, The Click Engine is a “micro continuity offer” – an easy sell,
because it offers and in demand service (buyer traffic) for such a low cost ($4.90 a
month) that it seems like a “no brainer” for marketers to subscribe to the service.
For more information, check out the following I have provided about this program

The Click Engine Overview

Vendor : Jeff Aman

Product Name : THE CLICK ENGINE

Category : Advertising

Contents : Video | Service

Price : $30 Discount to $4.90 (Save $25.1 Today)

Bonuses : Yes, Huge Bonuses

Refund : Yes, 30 Days Money Back Guarantee

ABOUT CREATOR

Jeff Aman is the man creator this product. Jeff is an affiliate marketer and this product
owner and a master in generating traffic, clicks, and sales.
He’s about to drop a lot of money on advertising to get this service off the ground.
That’s going to help YOU get a lot of buyer traffic if you get set up now at the very
beginning.

Jeff Aman is also a Full Time Marketer since 2018, Profit Fundamentals Creator
So, I’m sure that The Click Engine will be another amazing product in the market!

How does The Click Engine work?

Watch this video about The Click Engine now to better understand how it works:

VIDEO LINK CLICK HERE

GET INSTANT ACCESS NOW

About OTOs

The customer is somebody who is willing to pay $4.90 a month for buyer traffic to one
URL. The $14.90 offer is a ONE TIME payment for more traffic: For $14.90 you can

plug a second URL in The Traffic Engine and never have to pay for it again.

Four months down the line it will effectively be sending you buyer traffic for free! As

such, it is another excellently conceived “low price/high value” proposition that

marketers love

Maybe you are interested in a small issue in the question below:

Q: I don’t have an affiliate offer to submit, can you help?

A: Yes, we can help you find a money making affiliate program that suits you.

Final Conclusion

So, You have come to the end of the The Click Engine reviews, through the above
basic information hope you have the most overview of the The Click Engine System –

actually delivers traffic.

If there is something you do not understand, please leave a message below this article, I
will try to answer it for you as quickly as possible.

Wish you good luck and success!

GET INSTANT ACCESS NOW

• 5 months later...

Let me paint a picture for you:

Imagine you want to open a business account at a bank.
You are not asking to borrow money, you just need an account to handle your money.

The bank will first want to review your business plan anyway.
That being done, they approve your account.

After a about a month, the bank notices you are doing some pretty large transactions, so they decide to review your business plan again.
Still good.

A few months pass, and your business has been having phenomenal growth.

The bank takes another look and decides because you are doing so well, to give you a special account with lower fees.

A couple more months pass, another review, even though there has been no change on the part of your business other than constant growth, the bank wants you to increase your reserve funds.
Just to make the bank comfortable, so you do.

Then a couple weeks later, out of the blue, the bank calls to invite you to come in for a meeting.
They tell you they have changed their policy, and you will need to change the way you do business in order to comply with these changes.

After about a month of trying to negotiate an agreement, acceptable terms can not be reached between the two parties.
So the bank freezes your account, you will not be able to touch any of your money for 180 days!
How convenient that you just made a rather large deposit at the banks request.

This may sound like a nightmare fiction story, but Paypal did just this,
minus the initial review.
They would rather let people use their service, and then decide at some later point in time, if that business meets their terms.
If it does not, that account gets frozen.

This practice has caused thousands upon thousands of people like me to lose untold amounts of money, because most business are forced to fold. And who knows how much time has been wasted in the building of those businesses.

I am no expert, but I doubt a bank in this country could get away with this.
Who would do business with a financial institution like that?

Now the point of all this: Is there anything that can be done to compel Paypal to change the way they do business, and stop killing internet businesses?

I am afraid to put my name on this because Paypal may find a reason to freeze my account, but what the hell.

Best wishes for success,

Thomas H. Keoppel

P.S. I am mad as hell and I am not going to take it any more!

I try to do as little business with banks as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have a paypal account.  i started on the net in 1997 or 96 i was earning by 98 in some ways when paypal came along I joined.  First payment processor.

By this time I was helping a friend earn money she has passed on.  But she never lost her paypal either.

hummmmmm

OytX5V1.gif