Marketing Checkpoint

What Was Your First MLM / Networking Company?

I think it was called Business Makers or something like that, I forget the name exactly but basically it was a scam that promised a "guaranteed" income, that they would build your business for you. :(

So, your first MLM was a learning experience in what "NOT" to join. 

Probably Global Domains International (GDI) and E-Lottery (VWD)

I used to enjoy building both of those online but I found GDI too much hard work for little return and VWD collapsed.

2500 FREE Credits at ViralAdStore.com for Marketing Checkpoint members!

Use Promo Code: marketingcheckpoint in the Members Area > My Account > Promo Codes

AMWAY - long before the internet. Great Direct selling company.  Much easier now-a-days - people can order online. Talk about residual income - I still earn money every month from the work I did 20 years ago.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

My first was Melaleuca, great company, awesome products, and fantastic support, It was just something of a fad, at least that was how I seen it then. My up-line wen on to become a millionaire and if I am not mistaken is still 

with the company today and in addition authors Several Books on the topic of MLM  His name is Russ Pailey. Although I never stayed long enough to do anything with Melaleuca, I whole heartedly endorse them and still use their all natural products and tea tree oil http://www.melaleuca.com/?mobile=no.

As for me I'm into MLM and recruit on demand http://www.mlmrecruitondemand.com/?id=nyraymac

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there;

Even before Amway I was first introduced to Multi Level Marketing through my dad who brought home two bottles of yellow and green tablets along with a protein shake mix that I would take before heading off to school at the age of 12.

The company was called Nutri-Bio. My dad was signed up as a distributor, but later I wondered why he quit.

I soon figured it out when I would see the same products on the shelf of Safeway grocery stores.

Then along came Amway....

Later

Robert

My VERY first was selling burglar alarms!! How on earth I imagined I could do that I have no idea. I sold one to my poor sister and it broke down the day after the company collapsed. She kept it blinking ominously on the sideboard for many months as a warning !

Since then I have had many "learning experiences", until finally settling on my current company that fixes all the problems I found. 

Looking back over a chequered MLM career, one company I did well with was Dorling Kindersley Family Library (educational books), but then the UK changed the laws on book pricing and everybody was just cutting prices, which destroyed the whole thing. Great shame - but my back was starting to hurt from lugging boxes of books about.

I was most successful with VWD (e-Lottery) a few years ago and my MLM income from that exceeded my job income. Luckily I kept on both and just used my VWD commission to do up the house and help my son start his business - otherwise it would have been a disaster to have lost that income.

I tried several nutritional MLMs but my team and I usually quit because we weren't able to meet the auto-ship requirements working on a part-time basis.

I did Kleeneze too (way back when) and the whole family used to help deliver catalogues (pre-Internet) often hanging them on the washing line to dry when people left them out in the rain!

Lots of laughs and a few tears along the way - but many friends made and lessons learned!

Looking for a part-time (or full-time) online business? It's no secret you need to build a list.

That's HARD, so learn how I can help you save time and stress on list building. Click here for a free list building training.

For more internet marketing help, visit my blog at: JoyHealey.com

My very first MLM was Shaklee, followed by Amway, followed by Avon, followed by Watkins, back to Amway, then SFI, then GDI, back to SFI and now a permanent resident of GDI  ( I think I hated working for other people....lol )

Guest mrclean0325

Mine was a company called "Mix-i-Go" (I think that is how they spelled it), a fuel additive to get better MPG and clean the fuel system way back in the late 70s. It was right at the end of the first "fuel crisis". I am not sure if they still exist or not. Back then I had hair and my hairdressers boyfriend was in it and go me into it. Those were the days... :P

• 4 weeks later...

My first one was Global Domains International (GDI), never made a dime with it. Tried numerous team builds and ad co-op schemes but none of them ever produced any results.

The MLM that I have had the most success with is Pureleverage. I guess because they offer services people actually need and will use.

I'm currently trying out GotBackup which has a mass appeal but may be in too competitive a market. Time will tell I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first introduction into MLM was Tupperware. (My mom sold it and loved it!) Personally my first was Avon. I now am with La Bella Baskets. Unfortunately I think MLM still gets a bad name, but i think it is a great way to earn extra income. 

I am the Proud Owner of Surf Web Ads. 

http://www.surfwebads.com/images/468.jpg

Hi Fellow MCP Members,

Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk) here.

I learned everything that I needed to know about Networking and Residual income from AMWAY.

Anyway, What was your first MLM / Networking Company?

Hi Fellow MCP Members,

Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk) here.

I learned everything that I needed to know about Networking and Residual income from AMWAY.

Anyway, What was your first MLM / Networking Company?

Mine was also AMWAY. I think they are a great MLM but it takes to much to make it work. I still use many of the products and think they are good but pricey and getting people to join with you is a real challenge. I looked at the program when I was a teenager and tried it after I got out of the Army but never made it work.

• 4 weeks later...

Amway, Then Fuller Brush, Then Watkins. Also did Shaklee, Melaleuca,Nutrition For Life, and have been with SFI since the very beginning. I did well in all of them, but NOT at building networks, at sales. It drove my "uplines" nuts--because they got all kinds of beautiful "BV" from me, but their down lines didn't grow.

Every one that I quit before it collapsed, I quit because my uplines became so obnoxious. It's the same now--at the moment I am in Skinny Body Care as a "new" one. I tried their skin care products and loved them, so I decided to sel them for the heck of it. I signed up 8 customers in my first 3 days, and they all love the Ageless and the Instant Youth (I'm not pushing the weight loss stuff, the skin products are unique). All of them on autoship,

3 have increased their order, and I have 3 facial parties set up for next week (my own method of selling skin care products, stolen from Avon and Mary Kay LOL). And yet I have gotten 4 emails from my immediate sponsor wanting to know if I need help converting my customers to distributors, if I need help growing my distributor down line, and in the latest email she came perilously close to flat out asking me why I am sabotaging her network! For some reason, the majority of the people I end up under in an MLM have a problem with me wanting to actually sell product and use product rather than recruit more sales people. Go figure ;-)

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

• 3 weeks later...