• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 AdsTrek

AdsTrek

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

As a Gmail user, the requirement to use Gmail on some sites has not bothered me.  If those same sites insisted I use another Email, I would avoid those sites. I think a site loses out by insisting on the use of any specific contact email.

#22 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:15 AM

It's not because it makes the database look pretty with a list of gmail addresses listed. It costs an enormous amount of server juice to send email to a bunch of these: yahoo, hotmail, msn, live.com, gmx, avg?, yandex, comcast, aol, and many many others that like to get you to signup to sell to you (it's not some favor).... but then block your emails without you know it.

I even signed agreements with hotmail to allow email ads, but nooooooooooo they allow it for a couple days and then they still do it.

On the owner side, it bounces back to us. Repeatedly into the hundreds or so, and it keeps trying to email those again and again. Using more server juice. Then we go buy an even more expensive server, just to handle it. I think its now to the point they NEVER let the emails though unless you send like, 50 a month.

Why should we keep spending more and more money (into the 100's a month) because of people not wanting to use an email address that doesnt torment the server and monthly bill? I am very close on insisting the use of gmail on my sites because I already pay over 500 a month and not willing to pay more just to accommadate the use of these free email boxes doing this underhanded stuff.

#23 captkirk

captkirk

Never Give in! and Never Quit!

• Moderators
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:34 AM

It's not because it makes the database look pretty with a list of gmail addresses listed. It costs an enormous amount of server juice to send email to a bunch of these: yahoo, hotmail, msn, live.com, gmx, avg?, yandex, comcast, aol, and many many others that like to get you to signup to sell to you (it's not some favor).... but then block your emails without you know it.

I even signed agreements with hotmail to allow email ads, but nooooooooooo they allow it for a couple days and then they still do it.

On the owner side, it bounces back to us. Repeatedly into the hundreds or so, and it keeps trying to email those again and again. Using more server juice. Then we go buy an even more expensive server, just to handle it. I think its now to the point they NEVER let the emails though unless you send like, 50 a month.

Why should we keep spending more and more money (into the 100's a month) because of people not wanting to use an email address that doesnt torment the server and monthly bill? I am very close on insisting the use of gmail on my sites because I already pay over 500 a month and not willing to pay more just to accommadate the use of these free email boxes doing this underhanded stuff.

Very well said, You have been around the block (years) a few times to know. :)

#24 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

Thank you and .....lol I wrote that when I just woke up, missing some words there! Yes, a long time. Entering my 20th year now and yahoo and hotmail hasnt changed at all

#25 Bruno Duarte

Bruno Duarte

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

I signed up to a few offers using hotmail and never received a confirmation link...I dont know why it happens...

#26 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:09 PM

They block emails, always have and always will - hotmail, msn, live

#27 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

They block emails, always have and always will - hotmail, msn, live

Yea to be more specific, they will not even tell you they have blocked something because they do not put it in any spam or junk folder.. they just completely block it so you don't see it anywhere. With Gmail if something doesn't get delivered to your inbox it is always at least in the Spam folder.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#28 rpsmith

rpsmith

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:06 AM

I think it may have more to do with wanting to have verifiable email addresses than spam boxes. With services like gmail, they know their messages will get through vs. spam boxes that will auto delete or not get them at all. Just a thought.

If You Love Pinning, You Are Gonna Love This!

Click Here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users