Marketing Checkpoint

A few questions about autoresponders

moby04

I am about to pick some autoresponder for my projects... Basically I came to choose between GetResponse and Aweber because they seem to offer best integration (at least with ventures I choosed) but I have a few questions/ideas (not necessarily connected to these specific) before final decision.

1. What the actual difference between autoresponder and newsletter in such services? Seriously, it seem like both offer to select the delay in sending but I don't see anything that would differ those two terms...

2. Is it possible to set up some campaign based variables in those services? For instance I'd like to put some urls into variable that I could update whenever I want without going through the whole campaign... In GetResponse it seems like custom fields are always connected with contacts and the support suggest to create it and update API requests to set the same value for all new prospects... that's not too effective. How about AWeber?

3. Is it possible to set an automated migration of prospect between lists? I'd like to set a "venture based" series of emails that would last for, let's say, a month but I can assume that someone after this time won't signup for that specific venture. On the other hand I'd like to have a "default" list for all the prospects from such timed campaigns so I'd like to set a rule that after X days in campaign/list A is moved to campaign/list B. Is it possible from the panel of these services? 

4. Can I easily import/export whole campaign with all the emails assigned to it in case I'd like to move from one autoresponder to another? In "perfect world" I shouldn't need it but just in case I'd like to have an option...

I think, the best option would be to try both and see which one you are most comfortable with.

Additionally, you can always try a google search comparing both for their features, pros and cons. 

I found a couple of recent articles here:

https://www.marketingautomationinsider.com/aweber-vs-getresponse/

https://www.stylefactoryproductions.com/blog/aweber-vs-getresponse

Hope this helps :)

I tried both getresponse and aweber in the past and decided to go for something entirely different. Although, the integration features probably would be a very strong point for both, specially if you use jvzoo for your own products or Udimi. In this case, maybe get response would be a better alternative, but thats just my opinion as regarding these 2 autoresponders.

Why would anyone choose a payment plan when you can setup an autoresponder for Free?

Same Benefits... Allows you to invest your earning into promotions instead.

With Your FreeFollowup.com Autoresponder, you can:

• Add your Own Leads and Prospects
  • Create HTML & Text Messages
  • Track All Your Messages With Your Unique Tracking Link
  • Create or Use Pre-Written Unlimited Follow-up Letters
  • Create Subscriptions by Email
  • Create Subscriptions by Web Form With Our Easy HTML Code
  • Personalize Your Messages
  • Send Messages Instantly or in Intervals set by You
  • Search your Leads & Manage Bounces
  • Send Broadcast Messages to your Leads
  • All Messages Include One Click Unsubscribe Link
  • Promote Any Ethical Business Opportunity
  • and Much, Much More!

Ready to Get Started?  Simply Sign up for your FREE Autoresponder Account below!

http://www.freefollowup.com/signup.html

I recommend Traffic Wave.  You not only make a great monthly residual income that increases as your team grows, but you also get 100% Fast Track bonus when someone joins you and pays - you get the entire $17.95 back once - Paid Weekly.  Only takes 3 members to cover your monthly fee.

You can transfer your prospects to another campaign when it is finished automatically (called "chaining").

You can use your autoresponder to send Newsletter emails with Topics, pointing to a blog or website link.

You can enter variables, e.g. several links in the campaign, called ":tokens" - as many as you want, e.g. token

for you Blog link,website link, etc.

You can create a New Campaign and copy the letters to it from another campaign easily.

Hope this helps.

David

• 3 weeks later...

If you are still trying to decide between Aweber and Get Response. I did a lot of research on the two and there are good articles out there. The reason I finally chose Get Response it was because they have a bit of a technological edge and slightly better pricing.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I've heard of a lot of affiliate marketers who got their accounts closed at Aweber, if you plan to send a lot of mail to people frequently promoting affiliate offers then it is kind of risky to use Aweber.

Darren is this something you have simply heard over time through the ether? I am curious as I really want to aggressively start growing my list.

Also, I have had someone tell me you yourself use two autoresponders with one of your lists going over 80,000 subscribers. 

Can I ask you what list building course or guru you recommend for a newbie such as myself, so I can really start getting educated along my journey?

Darren is this something you have simply heard over time through the ether? I am curious as I really want to aggressively start growing my list.

Also, I have had someone tell me you yourself use two autoresponders with one of your lists going over 80,000 subscribers. 

Can I ask you what list building course or guru you recommend for a newbie such as myself, so I can really start getting educated along my journey?

Yes from time to time people have said they have lost their Aweber accounts, these were people with large lists who sent very frequently, like daily or multiple times per day to their list.

I'm not too afraid of getting my account closed because I send very rarely, maybe two or three times per month to my list.

You should be able to pick everything (as far as knowledge goes) up for free, or use some system that integrates with the major autoresponders to help build your list.. the basic strategy is just to provide something of value for free to get their email.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

Why would anyone choose a payment plan when you can setup an autoresponder for Free?

Same Benefits... Allows you to invest your earning into promotions instead.

With Your FreeFollowup.com Autoresponder, you can:

• Add your Own Leads and Prospects
  • Create HTML & Text Messages
  • Track All Your Messages With Your Unique Tracking Link
  • Create or Use Pre-Written Unlimited Follow-up Letters
  • Create Subscriptions by Email
  • Create Subscriptions by Web Form With Our Easy HTML Code
  • Personalize Your Messages
  • Send Messages Instantly or in Intervals set by You
  • Search your Leads & Manage Bounces
  • Send Broadcast Messages to your Leads
  • All Messages Include One Click Unsubscribe Link
  • Promote Any Ethical Business Opportunity
  • and Much, Much More!

Ready to Get Started?  Simply Sign up for your FREE Autoresponder Account below!

http://www.freefollowup.com/signup.html

How can I "Add your Own Leads" if it is not allowed to import my leads from another autoresponder?

• 1 year later...