Marketing Checkpoint

What makes you join a site?

idealfreedomplan

There are so many landing pages which incite you to give your details in order to get more information.

I hate these type of ads because there are so many of them and you don't know what you're joining.

Why do people sign up to these? I prefer knowing first what its about and then deciding if I want in.

Are people that join through these ads good leads?

What are your feelings about this? Why do you join a site?

I look for things like what is the product, comp plan, competition,  etc.

The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.

1FashionGlobal - the FIRST mlm in the Fashion Industry

I join sites that offers:

1. You can Join For Free

2. You have the option to upgrade

3. Provide a service or products that other marketers can use.

4. Sites that are viral where I can leverage my time and efforts.

5. Sites that pay you instant commission

6. Sites that explain to you exactly what they're offering

7. Sites that paid you 100% commissions

8. Sites that offer downline Builders

9. Sites that offer multiple levels of income

10. Sites that looks professional.

11. Sites that other marketers will join

Sites that give you little information as to what they're really offering seem to be trying to get you on their mailing list primarily.  They make their landing page just intriguing enough to pique your curiosity and give them your email address. or to sign up for free.  I have to laugh when they advertise "Free to Join".  Everything is "free to join" but not free to actually get anything worthwhile out of it.  People sign up to these sites because they're curious enough to find out more.  As to whether these people are actually good leads or not depends on what they're actually looking for.  If they're just initially clicking on a safelist ad to get credits, chances are that they are a waste of time. But you never know. It's all a numbers game.  You may get some real signups and upgrades from this group of people, but in my experience, the referrals who may really be worth something significant to you are probably not surfing through traffic exchanges or safelists.

Yes, idealfreedomplan I agree totally, I just don't understand how these type of ‘ads’ can be successful. However, as you see them so often you start to think that maybe you’re missing a trick... 

Now, this reminds me of something I experimented with recently on a specific advertising platform, where after finally seeing so many of these type of ads that I decided to run a few similar ones myself; minimal information and a subscription form - that’s it!

They weren’t well received and were soon reported for not having enough information - What!!!

Download FREE Dropship Detective Report - Learn the Secrets of Dropshipping Success.

I can recommend many things, but there are only a few things I can recommend with confidence.

Always looking for quality...

This is a very good topic you've raised for discussion, idealfreedomplan

On my part, the criteria I use to assess a program's worth are:

1. An Autoresponder to Answer Instantly

2. A Personal Page to Build Your List and Trust

3. A Team to Help You to get Referrals. 

You can get that in ​THE FASTEST GROWING AIOP TEAM!

Because Through Our Collective Team Promotions,

We'll Place 6 Direct Referrals ( 3 for You & 3 For Your Sponsor) Under You!

There are so many landing pages which incite you to give your details in order to get more information.

I hate these type of ads because there are so many of them and you don't know what you're joining.

Why do people sign up to these? I prefer knowing first what its about and then deciding if I want in.

Are people that join through these ads good leads?

What are your feelings about this? Why do you join a site?

I look for things like what is the product, comp plan, competition,  etc.

If the Squeeze page has no information on the program I usually pass on it or find the URL to the actual program site to see what it's about which is not cool because that action could cost the affiliate the sale. As far as I am concerned though an affiliate who didn't say much more than My Crap Smells Better than your Crap, hasn't earned a commission. I also look for a privacy policy because I am tired of getting 50 offers when I request 1 offer. Most of the time if a brief description of the program or what to expect isn't there I weigh joining based on the quality and value of a free gift offered. Free gifts appeal to everyone and the right one lands you more leads and they are more apt to give your program a look over.

Come on folks, it takes a few more brain cells to win the serious marketer. The person who clicks on a Big Join Button and gives away their e-mail without knowing why they gave it away is not the bright bulb on the Christmas tree, they are the one that is burnt out or close to it. If they do join instead of give you an e-mail address to a inbox full of SPAM where they never see your offer again they wont last long, are unlikely to upgrade or purchase anything, and are basically added cost with no ROI on your Autoresponder. I would rather have 10 people on Aweber actually reading my offer than 1,000 on there costing me money while they join page after empty page expecting to find something like free money with no work.

Andy Zeus Anderson

I'm Writing 10 Bitcoin Blank Checks this month, will you claim one of them? Mailer On Fire Contest!

Get the FREE report that tells the truth of why you are failing to make money online. Click here for your free report now.

Yes, idealfreedomplan I agree totally, I just don't understand how these type of ‘ads’ can be successful. However, as you see them so often you start to think that maybe you’re missing a trick... 

Now, this reminds me of something I experimented with recently on a specific advertising platform, where after finally seeing so many of these type of ads that I decided to run a few similar ones myself; minimal information and a subscription form - that’s it!

They weren’t well received and were soon reported for not having enough information - What!!!

I have been online marketing since January 2003 and have owned my own programs as well as been an affiliate and what I have found is the average affiliate looks to get lucky through the law of averages instead of building something real out of a little harder work. They like big numbers so they get as many leads as possible with as little effort as possible and hop that the 2% who sign up will work harder and invest more than they have. These marketers spreading these pages don't realize their large number of leads and referrals are quitting in 3 months or less, looking for the same minimal work big results they aren't even seeing.

The worst part is them and these low quality sign ups quit but blame the company for their failure and report it to scam forums, file false SPAM reports, and write poison pen reviews. Seldom are any of the complaints even close to accurate because they were too lazy to even get to know their product. It's sad but they get what the 97% get while use 3%ers make bacon on less expense.

Andy Zeus Anderson

I'm Writing 10 Bitcoin Blank Checks this month, will you claim one of them? Mailer On Fire Contest!

Get the FREE report that tells the truth of why you are failing to make money online. Click here for your free report now.

Guest mrclean0325

This is funny since I was crabbing about these just this morning. lol

I find just because you see a LOT of something, doesn't mean it is working. Just the consensus in this post proves most people will NOT sign up for a blind, no information ad. The only people who would sign up are the desperate ones grasping at anything to make money. There aren't any of those type out there are there? I also look for the main site to see what it is all about. some of those has been dodgy to say the least.

I have sign up for some that have a good squeeze page and/or offer a free report or something to get NOTHING after signing up or get something totally different than what they advertised. I made sure they were through a reputable autoresponder and not some hinky self-hosted one spammers use all the time so I can REALLY unsubscribe (I did use a throwaway email just in case though). Or I had one who sent the free ebook three weeks later saying "something went wrong" and haven't seen anything from them since.

I have even emailed some to ask "why" - why I didn't get something or just to ask a question and get no reply at all.

I often wonder what these people are thinking.

If what they are doing is working, we must be doing it wrong then...stranger things have happened I guess. Then there are the big name "GooRoos" who you can never really get off of their lists since they change providers and start sending you stuff again or start using a self-hosted AR and ignore the unsubscribe requests.

I was just reading where GetResponse was blacklisted...again. I get true spam from both Aweber and GetResponse all the time to my main email addresses which I seldom use to sign up for anything. I have even went so far as to hunt them down and report them to their hosting companies, affiliate networks, and whoever else I can with no results. A sad state of affairs.

Rant over.... :rolleyes: