Marketing Checkpoint

It's BACK....different name, same con - OnlineTaskPay.com

Guest mrclean0325

Guest mrclean0325

I can't believe I stumbled across this one again.

This is the exact site, under a different name, I described in this post.

http://www.marketingcheckpoint.com/topic/1139-watch-out-for-this-one/

I just saw it in some advertising and it is the same site, same deal.

OnlineTaskPay.com

DO NOT JOIN!

They continually change the name and the site disappears to reappear under another name. They DO NOT PAY! They stiffed me for $300.

It sounds great and looks legit and IS NOT.

You have been warned....

I can't believe I stumbled across this one again.

This is the exact site, under a different name, I described in this post.

http://www.marketingcheckpoint.com/topic/1139-watch-out-for-this-one/

I just saw it in some advertising and it is the same site, same deal.

OnlineTaskPay.com

DO NOT JOIN!

They continually change the name and the site disappears to reappear under another name. They DO NOT PAY! They stiffed me for $300.

It sounds great and looks legit and IS NOT.

You have been warned....

Is it the same owners as before?

Guest mrclean0325

It is the exact same site with a different name. It is the 3rd one I am aware of. After the original site disappeared and left me hanging, I dig some digging and found the new site. My login and password didn't work and got no response from either support email. It is BAD news...I wouldn't trust it further than I could last a round with the Hulk.

It is the exact same site with a different name. It is the 3rd one I am aware of. After the original site disappeared and left me hanging, I dig some digging and found the new site. My login and password didn't work and got no response from either support email. It is BAD news...I wouldn't trust it further than I could last around with the Hulk.

No response from support emails = I will not be promoting those sites! :ph34r:

I call programs like this .comzombies--they never really die *sigh*. Just like there are some amazing serial scamming admin/owners out and about (can anyone say SCOVILLE LOL??). We all know who they are--the ones that have had 4,5,6,10 websites go full on scam.

A big part of the problem is, sadly, members. When you spend as much time reading the various user forums around the internet, you see all kinds of people whose definition of  "trusted program, honest admin" is paying, now--regardless of whether the actual business model is stable, sustainable, or even legal.

It's frustrating sometimes, to point out to people that just because a program is PAYING does not mean it is a legitimate business model, and have them totally not see the distinction. Until consumers, as a group, stop joining illegitimate programs (especially when they are being run by someone who has started, and closed multiple websites), we'll always be overrun by scammers and .comzombies.

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

Guest mrclean0325

When I first saw this, I was skeptical. I tried to find anything online about it and didn't find anything "bad" but really nothing of any consequence since this particular name was not talked about. So I gave it a chance to see what would happen. My greed in thinking of the money was what got me. Luckily, it didn't take long to get to payout so I didn't waste a bunch of time on it. When I tried to get the payout and then it disappeared is what made me mad. I still haven't figured out what scam they are doing since i have never gotten any increase in spam if they were harvesting emails. I haven't gotten anything from them or had any of my accounts with that email I used had anything weird happen. I left them to see before I changed them all.

Since I couldn't find anything good or bad as they were a new site, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Now I wait a while before joining anything to see if they stay around a bit.

When I first saw this, I was skeptical. I tried to find anything online about it and didn't find anything "bad" but really nothing of any consequence since this particular name was not talked about. So I gave it a chance to see what would happen. My greed in thinking of the money was what got me. Luckily, it didn't take long to get to payout so I didn't waste a bunch of time on it. When I tried to get the payout and then it disappeared is what made me mad. I still haven't figured out what scam they are doing since i have never gotten any increase in spam if they were harvesting emails. I haven't gotten anything from them or had any of my accounts with that email I used had anything weird happen. I left them to see before I changed them all.

Since I couldn't find anything good or bad as they were a new site, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Now I wait a while before joining anything to see if they stay around a bit.

Typically, they harvest emails--but not necessarily for spamming. Far worse than spamming.

Of late, those email harvesting programs--at least the ones being run out of the Russian Federation and the Middle East--are using the emails to create "hacked", spoofed, or otherwise throwaway Paypal accounts and spoofed Western Union accounts. It's a really nasty new wrinkle that is exploding on the darknet these days. For a hefty fee--typically 10%--you can wire money in any amount from anywhere to anywhere using one of these fake PayPal or Western Union portals. We're talking about 10s of thousands of dollars, well above the legal limits everywhere.  So you pay someone in one of the darknet markets a few thousand, you get 10 times that wired to you from your friendly customer, to a faked verified paypal or Western Union portal. Then you log in from a vprn, using a spoofed account, collect the cash, convert it to BTC, and POOF.

Things were a lot more civilized before the gov't managed to crack TOR and begin making it tough for criminals to conduct business *sigh*.

The emails are also used as drop points for people to transfer information anonymously. Most people have no idea how easy it is for someone other than themselves to use their email to bounce information around....

All kinds of strange things happen behind the curtain on the internet, so to speak. And the stuff you see in the shadows on the black hat forums is the tip of the cyber iceberg.  Just one of the 10 million reasons I avoid any program that offers to pay me just to collect emails or street addresses, unless I can figure out exactly who is behind them and where that data goes.

Fortune Favors The Bold! http://fortunestraffic.com

Fortunes Traffic--for Zubees, Promos, Fun, and Traffic.

Interested in Hard Rock Gold Mining? Check Out My Other Half's You Tube Channel -- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbcYhenGjigBC5GgEjEANLQ

Guest mrclean0325

Don't get me started on the "darknet" and blackhat...one of my hobbies is to see how they do it. Normal people have NO idea at all what goes on. I have been keeping tabs on the email I used. There are ways to see if, when, where and an IP address to go with it. People have no idea how insecure things are at the moment.

It seems the NSA had a dumb employee who "accidentally" put several of their top hacking programs out in the wild. The bids are enormous for them. They are designed to hack anything from the government, IRS, banks, and everywhere else the NSA could get into for the sake of national security.

The email addresses from LinkedIn, Sony, Microsoft, and the others that got breached are the ones they are using mostly for the money transfers. In some of these breaches they DID get other data and it is just now coming out. In some cases YEARS later are we told, "Oh, yeah. The hackers got more than your email addresses as we first thought - you better change some stuff". These announcements were made after it was discovered by someone the data was being auctioned off in parcels for some time on the darknet.

If you REALLY want to scare yourself, when you try out a new browser and it offers to import your setting from your old browser - if your info was REALLY that safe, how can they decrypt it to import? If your passwords were that safe, how can they get the salt and hashes to use it? Especially now that your browser will keep a copy of your passwords in the "cloud" somewhere. There are places any 10 year old can get the scripts and software to hack just about anything or send a dDOS attack or zombie attack at any time. Not to mention the banks and credit card sites that can have injected scripts that aren't found for awhile. They joyfully send each and every signup and sign in to somewhere.

The stuff you see on TV and the movies is pitifully small and ignorant compared to what is really going on in cyberspace. Most people have no idea there is a huge movement to ban encryption entirely to "protect the public" so the government can see what is on an encrypted anything in the guise of national security. Read into the iPhone debacle to get a glimpse of this.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D