Marketing Checkpoint

Do Spammers Consider ThemSelves Being Spammers?

captkirk

Hi Fellow MC Members and Guests,

Tommie Kirkland (Captkirk) here...

Do spammers consider themselves being spammers?

Frankly, I don't think anyone that we call a spammer think of himself or herself as a spammer.

In fact, I don't think that any marketer should consider other marketers as spammers in our industry.

For example, If you came from an advertising forum and was able to post ads in the various forums and you did the same thing here, you could be classified as a spammer just because you assumed that it was okay here.

Now, as moderator of the forum I could classified many members here as spammers, of course I didn't do that. I just sent them a Private Message and asked them to read the forum rules and the rules for posting ads.

Anyway, Do You Think That Spammers Consider Themselves Spammers?

Guest mrclean0325

In my experience, I would have to say "yes".

There is a big difference between getting an email asking if you would be interested in doing business with someone to the standard "hyped up affiliate style" email spammers use or to not be aware of a rule on certain forums. When you go to the site from an actual business email - it is actually there. Most spammer websites they put in the emails are bogus as they usually lead to a control panel page. They also use different names in the address than what is inside the email. They certainly don't use my own email address as the sender or you get 10 seemingly different emails which turn out to all be from the same person from the same site. They also try to be clever in hiding their tracks

So for someone to deliberately do these things means that they are aware of what they are doing. They are aware they are spamming.

Personally I don't see the point since you would think anyone in their right mind wouldn't go through their spam folder and think they are legitimate emails. But there must be money in it or they wouldn't go to all trouble to do it. P.T. Barnum was certainly right in there is a sucker born every minute to keep perpetuating the spammers.