Marketing Checkpoint

No Picture- No Sale

vginasands

There's always pros and cons for every situation. I feel more confident dealing with a face than none or even just some obscure image. I would want to believe that most people would also. Then again, there's no guaranty that this is your actual face. But branding yourself requires consistency, so if you're aiming to be successful, your image must follow you around the internet.

For me as an individual I have been reaching out to others on how to build your brand.

I have determined in talking to others there is a common denominator . All have the somewhat same thoughts.

If you are not showing your face. You are not going to build to the max capacity. Just like some feel that freebie chasing

is not the best way to go in some aspects of your business. while I do not feel that you have to spend a great deal of money. There

are some cost associated with a functioning business. 

Long story short. If anyone plans to grow their business. Your name has to be placed with your face. 

Thanks for reading

Lisa Epperson

" Keep your eye on the prize and you will succeed."

April Pad Affiliate/Writing Contest

Give The Gift Of Love To A Loved One

• 3 weeks later...

If an old woman will post her picture online What would prevent you from posting a "real picture" An avatar is cute but it still kind of hides the real you.  If people want to post a "fake" picture then there is a real issue. There is a level of trust we have to believe that the picture people post is of them.  If you just absolutely don't want people to see your face what would be the reason for that?

In the online world, you have to be transparent to some degree.  If you want to be anonymous, then online marketing is probably not for you.  

At the same time I trust you until you prove yourself untrustworthy, I would have a problem doing business with someone who is afraid to show their face.  Just my .02

Its such a poor design too lol. Its a very nice person to join me on that banner.  You can smile, but no laughing, okay? :lol:

http://www.instantbannercreator.com/images/members/69098/banner-1332741319.png

Well, I disagree, It's a very professional looking banner to me. :)

The person that upgraded, are they on your ZZ team? Or a member of ZZ?

• 4 months later...

I don't show my picture because people have told me I am not that good looking. So, I spare people my picture.

I don't go by pictures anyway. I am quite sure an attractive woman would do just fine making sales showing her picture.

I run advertising sites and have no problem making sales. I also still have my PayPal account after 4 years selling advertising

and paying people to click.

If you are dissatisfied I refund your money and then suspend your account. I have never had PayPal try to settle some minor

dispute.

My PayPal payments to my members with my name on it is very good word of mouth advertising. I also try to go above and beyond giving value for your advertising dollars.

Your reputation is worth much more then your picture.

Make Money With Paid To Read https://www.emoneyspace.com/tguile900

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, you should NEVER use an avatar!

lol

On the contrary, I think it can be just as easy to build recognition with an avatar as it is with someone who posts their real picture.

People will remember either good or bad experiences with you whether or not you use an avatar.

If you rip people off or offer bad advice, using an avatar won't help you with that.

Likewise, if you're trustworthy and reliable people will remember your name even if they don't know what you really look like.

Guest mrclean0325

I read an article a couple weeks ago (which I now cannot find) which was something like, "Marketing with a paper bag on your head" and was interesting and appropriate for this topic....just wish I could find it to share.

I am willing to show off my bald head and my grey/white beard. I hope I look somewhat trustworthy. :) Or at least mature. It's easy to be afraid to be 'exposed' on the internet but I don't want fear to get in my way. I hope that with my photo, people can see that I am a real person willing to reach out to others. 'Know, Like and Trust.'

You can get started in earning, with just $7.

Your ads will be displayed across the internet.

You will earn 100% Commissions. 

http://www.leasedadspace.com/members/TexasRick/splash

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures are not really a big issue to me. As has been mentioned before in a number of posts, a picture can be faked and many times they are, I tend to look at reputation. I google the opportunity I take an interest in to find out if there are any reviews or scam reports about it. Then I take a close look at their sales pitch. I don't often "jump" into one (opportunity) unless I have slept on it. Given a little time to think about it, I will mostly dismiss any opportunity that feels wrong. As somebody mentioned, they had spent years online and could get a feel for the scams. It's called experience. Sometimes painful, yes. Even if you get into one, if it feels wrong, get out. I did some time ago with an opportunity that kept pushing me to upgrade. Just my thoughts.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

I am not a fan of most mail to thousands sites, click sites, surf to earn, etc.  I found Marketing checkpoint by accident but enjoy some of the discussions and learn from the posts.  I am one of those rare individuals who actually read the incoming advertisements that show up in my email box.  

Most of these ads are in the same vein, advertising mailing sites, etc.  But one think I can tell the faceless advertisers is that there is NO WAY I would purchase anything from you if you are not willing to post your picture.

I think a lot of people come to these sites just to be able to advertise their programs, but I don't care if you are giving away a $thousand dollars$, I click off the site as soon as I see that your picture is missing.  With the technology that is present today, no picture means you must be either ashamed of the program you are promoting or you are hiding from something... either way I would not be interested in joining your program.

Just my .02 cents.

One reason that some folks do not post their picture is that they are newbies and have not yet learned how to do it.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you want to join a program, your due diligence is more important then forming a judgement of the person by their picture. 

Do you read people's posts who don't have their picture posted?  I do. You can get a feel for someone by the way they express themselves.

If I had a brick and mortar business, I certainly would not turn down a $500,000.00 contract because I didn't like the other persons face.

Most people who are using avatars do seem to be using the same one all the time so it is easy to recognize who they are when that avatar comes up.

Free 'Advertising System' Traffic & Exposure

http://llclick.com/280m4k5s

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I wish i could say I care about this but I don't.  Today people use ANYTHING as their pic.

I've joined plenty of stuff without seeing a pic.

Tommy asked "what do you think about an avatar?"

Oh no you didn't go there.

Nothing I think nothing and all those people who make a big whooptie do over it are a bunch of crazies avatars are fun.

OytX5V1.gif

This is a fun topic lol.  I go with name recognition, and the pic if it's there.  If the opp looks really good or higher ticket, then I'll search for reviews and see who else is promoting it.  If the person promoting something isn't familiar to  me, I might give them my signup if they have a fairly active social profile or a good backstory.  Everyone here started out as a clueless newb at some time lol -  we can all remember how thrilling it was to get those first signups!   So to sum up my feeling about pics.. Don't pay too much attention to it -   I take it on a case by case basis depending on what's being promoted.  

Building your list the EVERGREEN way...Self-funding system is yours for FREE!

webpromo.653ec0d96db88.gif

I look at a persons character. Having a real picture of them doesn't mean anything. Plus, as someone already said a picture can be faked. Also, I have seen people have pictures up that are not current. They have a picture of themselves when they were 20 and now they are 60 something years old. Pics mean nothing but character and actions mean everything.