• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:02 PM

This is my favorite place.

http://emotions-are-...ct.blogspot.com

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

#22 joyhealey

joyhealey

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 9 posts
  • LocationHarrow, NW London, UK

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:14 AM

Definitely self-hosted WordPress as noted above!

However, be careful when choosing your hosting company. I used shared hosting and got badly hacked several times. I'm sure it was from being on shared hosting because I was using strong passwords, no "admin" and tried several different security plugins. It was only when I move to managed WP hosting that I stopped getting hacked.

Also check that your hosting company is backing up your site (better still do it yourself) AND that you know how to restore your backup.

I stupidly assumed the hosting company had a backup. No they didn't, and I had no idea how to recover from the backups I had taken myself (using a plugin).

I lost 3 blogs :-(   That was probably 2 too many, so I just started again - more intelligently this time :-)

Looking for a part-time (or full-time) online business?

To learn how I can help you save time, money and stress, visit my blog at: JoyHealey.com

#23 Mchapeyama

Mchapeyama

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:56 AM

I like wordpress. The main reason is that I am a novice in blogging. I have tried many such as weebly, blogger, among others but I have found them to be difficulty to use particularly if you are new.

#24 topviralbiz

topviralbiz

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

I've used a self hosted Wordpress blog and also Google blogger...I found blogger easier to navigate and use and suits my blogging requirements

#25 Kevin J Timothy

Kevin J Timothy

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, Florida

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:17 PM

I've used a self hosted Wordpress blog and also Google blogger...I found blogger easier to navigate and use and suits my blogging requirements

I agree emphatically.  I had my first on Blogger in '07. Then I was VERY ignorant to internet marketing techniques (and even more so...tools).  But eventually I was drawn to Wordpress, which I REALLY like these days.  I believe most people will eventually graduate to self-hosted sites and blogs (like the ones on WP).  Their tools and plugins are in most cases undeniable.  

Don't get me wrong, though. Blogger is a very reliable option for those starting out.  And there's certainly nothing wrong with sticking it out with Blogger.  Many affiliates earn online successfully using a Blogger site. 

#26 Kamilla66

Kamilla66

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Hi, Do you have a favorite place to blog? If so, why do you like the place? I have tried a few places. I mainly use the automated blog builder at GVO but also use other blogs, like Blogger and now this place, too. Paula

no

#27 smalpani7

smalpani7

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:13 PM

Can someone explain how to create a blog and what are it's advantages.

#28 ajay_dce

ajay_dce

Mild

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Locationindia

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

I prefer word press over blogger. Google has  abully type of approach where they remove blogs in a jiffy and not sure if actually their review mechanism works in case someone petitions his/her case for sustaining the blog once removed. I tried repetitioning once for my blog at blogger and got no response

#29 aditya

aditya

Maj

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

I like IBOToolbox and ApSense.

#30 kreo

kreo

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

Best option is  to use self hosted website. 

For free options i would use 

1. weebly.com. 

i like weebly.com because you can place you ads within your blog. where as for wordpress free sites you get banned instantly for doing that. 

2. Wix.com is also one recomended on my list. Both this websites comes with  free features like splash page and you can create your optin pages with them as well. 

They are mobile friendly and best for creating sister sites to create seo links back to your websites.  After all you should have a purpose for your website. I use this free sites to drive traffic to my main offers

7c01bf952c6a0e7f151add07d11c3275.gif

#31 jackluter

jackluter

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:38 AM

All the way, WordPress is the best choice to blog where interesting and attractive themes along with easy to manage plugins. The wordpress is search engine friendly where your blog gets easily crawled. But after PBN update the process of generating traffic from wordpress is little reduced.

#32 jackchun

jackchun

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:36 PM

is free WordPress subdomain blog allows us to place Amazon affiliate links for monetization ?
thx

#33 aprild.marketing

aprild.marketing

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 01:27 PM

I learned the hard way to never use Blogger for internet marketing. I once started a blogger blog with review of different traffic and money-making programs. It was actually picking up momentum and generating referrals to my programs. Then one day Google shut it down without notice because they considered it spam. It was very disheartening and since then I've never used Blogger for internet marketing/business opportunity stuff. 

I do have a few Blogger blogs, but I make sure to only post high-quality content (totally non- IM/mlm related) that Google would consider valuable to readers, not SPAM. So not affiliate links. I save those for the emails I send out to my subscribers. 

Check out my blog here --> www.aprildowling.com

#34 Bruno Duarte

Bruno Duarte

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

I write PR via Ibotoobox mainly. Simple and effective :)

Earn Direct Commissions While Building Your List! 

468-60.gif

Dont know what to promote to your list? Access the Offer Finder App for free today. Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users