Marketing Checkpoint

What is your favorite place to blog?

• 8 months later...

Hi, Do you have a favorite place to blog? If so, why do you like the place? I have tried a few places. I mainly use the automated blog builder at GVO but also use other blogs, like Blogger and now this place, too. Paula

I've had a blog in Blogger, but Google banned me becouse I put some links to one of my sites, and in a second all my 298 posts gone for ever!!!
Now I try to maintain blogs in Apsense and Anoox, seems to be OK until now. I should like to try Weebly too, is anybody who use this site?

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a blog in Blogger, but Google banned me becouse I put some links to one of my sites, and in a second all my 298 posts gone for ever!!!
Now I try to maintain blogs in Apsense and Anoox, seems to be OK until now. I should like to try Weebly too, is anybody who use this site?

I had a Weebly site and they shut it down. I had quite a few banners on my homepage. I had planned to take some down but I didn't get around to it. They shut it down because they called it a money making site. I did have some survey sites on it but I had written blog posts about them I didn't have any of the banners on the homepage. I was using the free version and I had planned on upgrading because I really liked Weebly. I was in another forum and a lady had a Weebly blog and she had affiliate products but she had upgraded. I'm thinking now they shut it down because I was using the free version.

If you are doing affiliate marketing I wouldn't recommend using Weebly. Or if you are doing any kind of referral marketing of any kind. I was also reading a fellow bloggers blog who had a site on Weebly and they shut it down. To be on the safe side I wouldn't use them if I were you.

• 1 month later...
Guest MarketingYouControl

If you are using something on social media as you all posted above - you are always at risk of those companies being shut down.

I always tell people TO CONTROL THEIR OWN ENVIRONMENT - so the way to go is to self host and install wordpress, you can

do this even with some cheaper webhosts if your budget is tight. I got so many accounts closed on Blogger, Tumblr, (insert 20 other
services here) - you should only use those social media sites as a backup or to post occasionally on those networks linking back to your

main blog.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having a self-hosted blog is always advantageous than using free blogging platforms like Google's blogger.com or Wordpress.com. There's no big Papa Google dictating what should write and link to.

Go to Hostgator or Bluehost, sign-up for a low cost hosting account, install wordpress blogging software, install a theme (usually ranging from $20 to $50), and you're set. You can have your very own blog that you control. 

I have several blogs hosted in Google, in Hostgator, and Bluehost. They are good hosts, and the blogs are up most of the time (99% uptime guarantee). 

The only problem I had with self-hosted blogs like those I have in Hostgator and Bluehost is that, the process of creating a blog with them is not easily duplicated in network marketing business. I am a network marketing leader.

With my recent experience with Hostgator, I have gone through the "eye of the needle" before my newly opened account with them was activated. They have required me to verify my ownership of the credit card I used in paying them, by having me call using my phone Philippines to USA!

Plus, after activating my account, when I was about to install a theme, I found out that they have removed the option of looking for a free theme to start with. The link inside the back office is linked to "premium themes" only which you have to pay money again.

Realizing that the members of my team will have a very hard time going through the same process Hostgator have pushed me through, I looked for a blogging platform that is suited for network marketers. That's where I found Empower Network.

Today, I am using EN's blogging platform, and it is the one I recommend for people without having technical background and are in tight budget, to get started blogging with. For as low as $25 per month, you can get started blogging with our Kalatu Basic Blogging Platform and you will be provided with free themes that are as good as those paid themes recommended inside Hostgator.

Plus, there's an added plugin in Kalatu that guides new bloggers in content creation. It's called the "21 Day Blogging Challenge" plugin. With that plugin, all you have to do is answer some leading questions asked by the plugin, and VOILA! your content is created.

All blogging platform serve the same purpose of helping us express ourselves online. But not all blogging platforms are created equal. Some are created better than the others. ;)

Get blogging, get others blogging, and get paid... www.GomerMagtibay.net

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a Wordpress blog that I never seem to use. I realize how effective a blog can be but for some invalid reason I always seem to push the blog to the back burner. I'm refining my schedule and you can believe me that the Wordpress blog is coming back to a more important position

• 2 weeks later...

It still amazes me how many people think they can make money using a free blog platform, only to wonder why they get terminated after so much work and all that stress and frustration to save less than $1.50 a MONTH.

If you are into making money online and can't afford the $1.50 a month, I heard that McDonalds is hiring.

sig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta go the self hosted Wordpress route. 

Although, Weebly's templates and features aren't bad.

Wordpress has just always been so professional but I

would not suggest it to one that's faint of heart.

It has a tech learning curve that can easily frustrate.

I gotta go the self hosted Wordpress route. 

Although, Weebly's templates and features aren't bad.

Wordpress has just always been so professional but I

would not suggest it to one that's faint of heart.

It has a tech learning curve that can easily frustrate.

Like anything else in life, that depends a lot on who you know. Only in Internet Marketing it's even better, with everyone who has experience usually looking for more friends to help.

sig.jpg

• 11 months later...

I have to agree with those who recommend self hosted Wordpress. Years ago you would need to upload files and install Worpress manually, but today most major web hosts provide apps and support to help you get Wordpress installed in just a few minutes. A Wordpress blog is safe and yours to keep!

• 3 weeks later...

I use 12 Sec Commute, Blog and Article Center.
We get access to a library of thousands of pre-written articles,
and lots of Images . The blog system has been sec optimized

for search engines so When we post new info to our blogs
the organic traffic starts to roll in.

As for the article database,  most of add write your own works, rewrite

or embellish the articles in the system.

see it here. Teamline Builder's Blog

468x60.gif

• 1 month later...

Definitely self-hosted WordPress as noted above!

However, be careful when choosing your hosting company. I used shared hosting and got badly hacked several times. I'm sure it was from being on shared hosting because I was using strong passwords, no "admin" and tried several different security plugins. It was only when I move to managed WP hosting that I stopped getting hacked.

Also check that your hosting company is backing up your site (better still do it yourself) AND that you know how to restore your backup.

I stupidly assumed the hosting company had a backup. No they didn't, and I had no idea how to recover from the backups I had taken myself (using a plugin).

I lost 3 blogs :-(   That was probably 2 too many, so I just started again - more intelligently this time :-)

Looking for a part-time (or full-time) online business? It's no secret you need to build a list.

That's HARD, so learn how I can help you save time and stress on list building. Click here for a free list building training.

For more internet marketing help, visit my blog at: JoyHealey.com

• 1 month later...

I've used a self hosted Wordpress blog and also Google blogger...I found blogger easier to navigate and use and suits my blogging requirements

I agree emphatically.  I had my first on Blogger in '07. Then I was VERY ignorant to internet marketing techniques (and even more so...tools).  But eventually I was drawn to Wordpress, which I REALLY like these days.  I believe most people will eventually graduate to self-hosted sites and blogs (like the ones on WP).  Their tools and plugins are in most cases undeniable.  

Don't get me wrong, though. Blogger is a very reliable option for those starting out.  And there's certainly nothing wrong with sticking it out with Blogger.  Many affiliates earn online successfully using a Blogger site.