Marketing Checkpoint

What are your results when using Herculist

Have any of you gotten favoritable results while using Herculist. I decided to upgrade there about 6 months ago and have not gotten one sign-up or sale while using the site. I understand how membership sites like this are suppose to be used. I have offered a varied selection of free products, have offered to give away the farm, and have offered good low cost products when promoting sales material. And I have not received one optin. Now this would not seem strange to me if I hadn't used the same material other places online and got major results.

If any of you are achieving better results please share.

I even went as far as contacting their customer service but received no answer that would explain these null results. I did change my postings to fit their recommendations but still no results.

Have any of you gotten favoritable results while using Herculist. I decided to upgrade there about 6 months ago and have not gotten one sign-up or sale while using the site. I understand how membership sites like this are suppose to be used. I have offered a varied selection of free products, have offered to give away the farm, and have offered good low cost products when promoting sales material. And I have not received one optin. Not this would not seem strange to me if I hadn't used the same material other places online and got major results.

I even went as far as contacting their customer service but received no answer that would explain these null results. I did change my postings to fit their recommendations but still no results.

Did you get any results from them as a free member?

Are you still an upgraded member? If you are, why? 6 months is long enough to know if it work for the type of sites that you're promoting.

Thanks Captain, just letting my membership expire but still trying to get some results. As tough as this is, if I do get any results the offer might blow up somewhere else where I do get results. So for now I just text offers off and on. Thanks Captain, I follow a lit of your postings and always get great, real, down to earth suggestions.

Guest mrclean0325

I have to agree 100% with the captain. If you aren't getting results for free, paying for more of nothing is a waste of time and money. You also have to make sure the upgrade is worth your results too.

For example, if you are making a consistent, say, $10 per 1,000 hits and the upgrade is $12 for 1,000 hits it isn't worth it unless you can increase your conversion per 1,000 somehow (which you should do BEFORE you upgrade). On the other hand if it is $8 per 1,000 you have something to work with. In this case if it takes you 3 hours to generate the 1,000 for free, now you pay the $8 to generate the $10 and it leaves you with $2 and not spending 3 hours to make it. You repeat this process to increase your exposure and are still making some money in the process AND not spending the time to get the hits.

The key is knowing your numbers so you can make an intelligent upgrade decision.

Also if you are not getting any response at all anywhere, even for free, you need to fix your conversion problem. No amount of traffic will fix a bad converting ad.

Anyhow, that is the way I heard it at the corner store.... :P

I was an upgraded member several years ago.  It was a waste of time and money even then.  Don't give them any more $.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

The fact of the matter is that it doesn't matter how good your ad is if nobody reads it.  Sites like Herculist are a total ripoff in that the people who receive their emails are the same ones who are sending them....therefore regard them as spam and never open them.  It's the same as any safelist.  Any sales you make from these sites are by pure luck.  You certainly cannot build a business around them.

Steve Shapiro ...that's nonsense about a safelist being a 'total ripoff', and that's not what I hear from people. And... what in the world?  "regard them as spam". So if you put yourself on someone's safelist, waste resources and just regard them as spam? Spam is when someone grabs your email from anywhere on the net and then sends you ads. That is what spam is.

The owner of this forum owns safelist(s) also BTW.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

Have any of you gotten favoritable results while using Herculist. I decided to upgrade there about 6 months ago and have not gotten one sign-up or sale while using the site. I understand how membership sites like this are suppose to be used. I have offered a varied selection of free products, have offered to give away the farm, and have offered good low cost products when promoting sales material. And I have not received one optin. Now this would not seem strange to me if I hadn't used the same material other places online and got major results.

Tried twice to get anything out of it. Got plenty of annoyance and unbelievable mountains of emails from them. Never again.

For getting anything from free memberships, Herculist (in my opinion and experience) is about the worst I ever used - and I used dozens of them. I use LeadsLeap for tracking, so I can see the opens and Herculist is usually at the bottom of the list

I never tried high priced options, some report good results, but then good Solo ads services produce better ROI, although you have to invest more in a lump sum.

I was a pro member for a month and didn't get the results i was expecting. I used a capture page and sent many email with different subject lines and ad copy text so it wasn't the same email. My email was sent to 77k subscribers, but did not make 1 signup...i don't recommend using that traffic source... 

Guest mrclean0325

Most CPA (and a few affiliate networks) specifically state in their TOS (the thing nobody ever reads) what traffic they will accept and what they won't. Using traffic sources they don't allow will either get you no money or banned from their network. Though I have seen a few MMO programs that specifically state to not use a traffic exchange or you will be banned in their TOS - funny I saw them advertised on a traffic exchange and they were quite popular. I think Amazon has a similar ban for any of their links in the affiliate program, but I haven't read their TOS in a while. I have seen traffic exchanges mentioned specifically as a traffic source no-no in a TOS, but not a safelist. They do change and add stuff all the time and it is hard to keep up with them all... :D

You have to track your hits and where you are getting sign ups. There are a lot of free and paid advertising sites out there. Some are garbage . Sometimes its a matter of changing the title or text in the body of your email or advertisement. When you find a good mailer or safelist and getting signups look at what they offer. It may be worthwhile. You have to be consistent and test.  

The only way to accurately rate any traffic source is to track your advertising and see exactly which sites provide actual readers to your mailings. Just because a site advertises sending to a gazillion members doesn't mean that any of those members read their emails.

I found Hurculist to be less than productive myself when I was a member for just that reason.

Not to "blow my own horn" but I own a website "dtkpro.com" that I use to track all my advertising and it has saved me thousands in ad costs over the years.

For example, If you send a mailing at blabla mailer that goes out to 5000 members and when you check your stats and see that only 27 people actually opened your email, it's time to advertise elsewhere.

Advertising isn't cheap, you really have to spend wisely.

Hope that helps.

I have had some very good experiences with Herculist and other safelists. I disagree with the comment that they are a "waste of time". I will admit that they are time consuming but not a waste of time. True, there have been some that were ripoffs, but not all. I can think of a few that were complete rip offs to their members.Yes, there is the risk of your ads being mass deleted. But, again, not all do this. One nice little trick I have seen is where the list now forces its members to view ads before sending out there own.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

That is very annoying as an advertiser, I'm surprised you call it nice  :unsure:

My comment was based on the fact that, instead of being deleted out of hand, you actually get eyes on your ads and sites. Isn't that the whole purpose of promoting in the first place? Yes, it can be annoying, but I consider it a plus as you might not get those eyes otherwise.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

Eyeballs see your ad anyway though...

....IF the list is still alive and isnt replicated to death (same script oversold 400 times for greed) to have to do that. Seriously I have abandoned almost all the safelist sites that do that because I (personally) dont have time to click 9 times first on numerous sites, just to send to the same small group of people anyway. (I talk of a particuliar camp)

I have one recently created safelist that does that and that is because of special circumstances, and its not to force ctr.

But I guess it is up to whoever has time to do that before they send out their ads who.

But eyeballs see your ad anyway on any safelist though, they have to click to gain their send later on.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com