• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 643 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

One nice little trick I have seen is where the list now forces its members to view ads before sending out there own.

That is very annoying as an advertiser, I'm surprised you call it nice  :unsure:

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#22 rpsmith

rpsmith

Hot

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:18 AM

That is very annoying as an advertiser, I'm surprised you call it nice  :unsure:

My comment was based on the fact that, instead of being deleted out of hand, you actually get eyes on your ads and sites. Isn't that the whole purpose of promoting in the first place? Yes, it can be annoying, but I consider it a plus as you might not get those eyes otherwise.

Get the hottest apps here! Free games, finance guides, VPN apps with more to come! Don't wait! Check out Action Apps Enterprises today!

Click Here!

#23 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:45 AM

Eyeballs see your ad anyway though...

....IF the list is still alive and isnt replicated to death (same script oversold 400 times for greed) to have to do that. Seriously I have abandoned almost all the safelist sites that do that because I (personally) dont have time to click 9 times first on numerous sites, just to send to the same small group of people anyway. (I talk of a particuliar camp)

I have one recently created safelist that does that and that is because of special circumstances, and its not to force ctr.

But I guess it is up to whoever has time to do that before they send out their ads who.

But eyeballs see your ad anyway on any safelist though, they have to click to gain their send later on.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 21 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

#24 Rock

Rock

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBangalore,India

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:01 AM

clicks are very hard to get at Herculist...I've even mailed more than 5K members once and all i got was hardly 10 Clicks...

#25 paulserban

paulserban

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

I am gold member and I have results in traffic and referrals.

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

#26 rpsmith

rpsmith

Hot

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:05 AM

I think there might be something that is overlooked. Users tend to gravitate towards the higher credit messages and ignore the lower credit ones. They do this in order to build credits faster. Herculist is a credit based safelist. It is not a fair deal for the free members. Just a thought.

Get the hottest apps here! Free games, finance guides, VPN apps with more to come! Don't wait! Check out Action Apps Enterprises today!

Click Here!

#27 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

That's why I upgrade there because whenever I do click I search those out too (the fat credit emails)

#28 gnana

gnana

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationChennai, India

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

Herculist does not offer much to free members though.

I am a pro member at Herculist and I have mailed 3 times to promote my new site this month.  I have got 37 hits and 3 sign ups.

When I used to be a Gold member, I was allowed to mail in HTML as I love to mail in HTML.  But Pro membership does not have that feature.

Still won't complain with 3 sign ups. :)

herculist_proof.png

#29 davepilgrim

davepilgrim

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

I'm quite suprised people are so down on Herculist.

As a free member I used to regularly get signups from the 1,000 emails per day, so the £15 per year pro upgrade was a no-brainer.

Now I can virtually guarantee results from every mailing.

of course, it depends what you're advertising...

animated_728x90.gif

#30 Lankford Enterprise

Lankford Enterprise

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGreenbelt, Maryland

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

Wow! I thought it was just me. I've been with Herculist for a long time. Off and on as a Pro member. Even tried to read thousands of those emails to get the credits but nothing happened. And yes, I get all of those emails in my inbox and tend to delete them in bulk. So I guess that what everybody is doing.

No more money. and time to let it go.

Deg.  <_<

Bitcoin Information Group - Helps Everyone Learn Potential

To your health wealth and happiness
best wishes
Kevin Lankford
Mobile: US 240-280-5830
Skype ID:  KevinLankford

#31 davepilgrim

davepilgrim

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:12 AM

How well Herculist works for you has a lot to do with what you're promoting there...

I just checked my referrals for Mailsy for example, and more than a third of them came from Herculist, so it is definitely working for me!

animated_728x90.gif

#32 Maryanne Myers -Webstars2K

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

Maybe herculist just needs to update/rewrite their script

#33 simplygenius

simplygenius

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

These larger safelists tend not to deliver a good open rate due to the hundreds of emails received daily when using lists such as Herculist. Many users are employing the use of automated email readers such as  click earner to gather credits which will cause the safelist to suck right into the ground.

#34 Darren Olander

Darren Olander

Hot

• Administrators
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

These larger safelists tend not to deliver a good open rate due to the hundreds of emails received daily when using lists such as Herculist. Many users are employing the use of automated email readers such as  click earner to gather credits which will cause the safelist to suck right into the ground.

The two problems with most safelists is they never filter out old, inactive members. So you keep sending your ads to people that will never open it, and they know it. The other problem is lack of cheat control like you mentioned, multiple ways to detect and stop cheating is necessary - otherwise what is the value of credits?

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

#35 simplygenius

simplygenius

Gettin' Comfy

• Bronze
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

The two problems with most safelists is they never filter out old, inactive members. So you keep sending your ads to people that will never open it, and they know it. The other problem is lack of cheat control like you mentioned, multiple ways to detect and stop cheating is necessary - otherwise what is the value of credits?

True dat Darren, it's the holy truth and nothing but the holy truth. I believe some Safelists are carrying as much as 80% dead weight in their subscribers number and because the owners are so legacy minded they tend to brag about the size of their safelists which are actually dead non responsive in numbers.

The cleaner the safelist no matter the size the better the results but again once you clean the number will be smaller but the results definitely better as Email Service Providers will no longer have the need to be bouncing and trouncing your emails. A cleaner list more than likely will give you a better mailing score with the ESPs thus allow more emails to be delivered and therefore  a more productive and result oriented safelist. 

#36 btcworks

btcworks

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

In my opinion Herculist is not going to help you get sales or conversion bcoz it was not organized to get what you want but you can get exposure to your content

Having your own Roku TV channel gives you and your clients:

• Income from day 1. In a click or two you setup the TV advertising. Get paid straight into your PayPal account.
  • Authority. Be the leader in your industry. This otherwise takes 5 year or more, but only weeks with the TV channel.
  • Traffic. New Roku TV channels typically receive up to 10,000 subscribers in the first month alone, simple because they’re there – without any promotion whatsoever.

roku-tv-channel-creation-500.jpg

#37 Lankford Enterprise

Lankford Enterprise

Breakin' Ground

• Bronze
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGreenbelt, Maryland

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:49 AM

Yes, I tried it paid and free.

I though it was just me!

Very disappointing and an inbox full of ads!

Plus you have to login to their website to stop the emails from coming in.

Another waste of time. 

As Denzel Washington once said:

"Never confuse doing a lot with getting a lot done!"

Bitcoin Information Group - Helps Everyone Learn Potential

To your health wealth and happiness
best wishes
Kevin Lankford
Mobile: US 240-280-5830
Skype ID:  KevinLankford

#38 vginasands

vginasands

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:23 AM

I signed up for Herculist because of a recommendation from a member here.  I have to tell you it is a nightmare.  The sheer NUMBER of emails that you receive for both of the email addresses that you provide is overwhelming. No body is reading your email.  That is the problem with the mailers and safelist like Herculist.  The advertiser receives thousands of emails every day. As a Gold member I opted to be on vacation but I still kept getting these emails.

Using common sense, I concluded that if I am not reading my emails, is anyone reading their emails.. the answer is NO!  Unfortunately, the only people making money from these types of programs is the owner..  I think I gave Herculist a college try and I am cancelling my subscription..  I think you might stand a better chance with the iblast.   But for now, I am taking their ad off my website because it is a waste of  a lot of my time and just a little money.

But the reason I came to the MC today was to ask if anyone had tried the  Ninja Traffic program for $19.95?  I joined a similar program from the Warriorplus folks and the website was full of viruses and non-stop pop up ads, popin etc.  This same guy offered 1,000 leads a day  and I never got them.  I guess I just answered my own question.  Plus the person offering this service has NO FACE.

#39 aprild.marketing

aprild.marketing

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

I've Herculist a couple times, but couldn't stand how they flooded my inbox with millions of emails. I understand that safelists send out many emails, but Herculist went too far. I would like to know if anyone is getting any results with them, because I would consider upgrading. 

#40 davepilgrim

davepilgrim

Medium

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:20 AM

Believe it or not, in terms of number of subscribers generated through my squeeze page, Herculist is actually my TOP performer over the past 7 days!

animated_728x90.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advertising, marketing, promoting, list building

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users