Marketing Checkpoint

How to Promote an Over Promoted Program

I'll bet you've seen the ads.

"Earn $500 a day!"

"No selling. No phone calls. Etc. Etc."

"Fire your boss!"

Sometimes it feels like everyone is promoting the same thing at one time. Can anyone really make any money promoting a system that is so over-promoted?

YOU BET THEY CAN!

But it takes a bit of creativity and the willingness to be unique. If that sounds good to you, you'll love what comes next.

>>> FIVE WAYS TO PROMOTE AN OVER-PROMOTED PROGRAM <<<

1. Don't Use The Company Ad Or URL

Every company I know hires writers to write great ads and promotional pieces for their associates or affiliates to use. Nothing wrong with that. But what happens when literally millions of people are placing the same ads?

The ads become almost worthless. This is why you must avoid using the ads the company provides for you.

By all means, test their ads to see if they work for you. But at the same time, be sure to write ads of your own that are in your own voice. This is the only way to stand out from the crowd when promoting an over-promoted website.

2. Focus On One Problem And Solve It

People get excited. It's a natural thing to get excited about your new business. In fact, it's a good thing. But don't forget in that excitement that your prospective customer only cares about one thing.

What's In It For Me

Your customer needs to solve a problem. So, when you write your shiny new ad, FOCUS all of the ads attention on one problem.

HOT TIP: If you make your ads about saving time, making money or saving money you will do well. These are universal needs.

3. Focus On One Product And Promote It

This applies mainly to programs where you have lots of products to promote and you can promote the business too. The best way to go here is often to pick one product and promote that product alone. Write a great ad extolling the virtue of your insurance product. Once a person becomes a customer for that product, use email to introduce them to the rest of your fine products as well, or even the business itself.

Using this backdoor approach can often lead to many new sign ups even when creating sign ups was not what you were promoting. Plus, you'll make a couple of bucks selling find products! ;)

4. Never Send Anyone To The Company Website

That might sound radical to some, but follow the logic and see if you agree.

Let's say you work hard to promote your new-found venture, and spend a few bucks buying some pay per click ads. You insert your good old affiliate link as you've been instructed. And now Paula Prospect sees your ad and clicks the link.

Whose business are you building now? The company's business, that's whose.

Sure, you might make A sale. But the company will make a fortune.The reason for this is that the company is building THEIR mailing list off of your efforts.

You might find that to be a good thing. If you do, that's okay. But remember this. Paula is going to be interested in other businesses as well. You can count on that.And she could just as easily be on your list as well as the company's.

All you need to do is put up a simple lead capture page and have Paula fill out your form before going to the company site. There are no lack of companies who will do this work for you for a very small fee.

In fact, the prolific Alex Mandossian and Rick Raddus started a service like this at Marketing Makeover Generator.

5. Use An Autoresponder Address Instead Of A Website

Why does every call to click have to go to a website? Answer: they don't.

For YEARS, one of the top marketers online (a name you would know) operated a highly successful operation without a website.

Yep ... 100% email. [Paul - you know who you are!]

Can you *really* succeed online without a website? You can, but not forever. Sooner or later, you'll need a site.

In the meantime, why not make a few bucks with email?

Get the materials that your company provides and use them to create an incredible follow up system. Then advertise your autoresponder email address instead of a website!

HINT: You can still make it a link they click by adding the mailto: prefix. It would look like this if I were doing it for my address ... mailto:someone@directoryofezines.com (NOTE: This is not a real address - just a sample)

The mailto: prefix ensures the link can be clicked in most cases, and will open a blank email they can fire off!

I have to thank my faithful readers for the idea behind this article. In the last six months I've received about 100 phone calls (no kidding) from affiliates of these various programs asking "Is it saturated" or "will my ad for this product even be noticed?"

It is through working with you (I donated my time) that I was able to test the methods above and prove they work.

There ARE ways to promote even the most over-promoted of programs. It takes thinking 'outside the box' and a willingness to try new things.

But if you do that, and succeed, you will have created your own mini-marketing plan that is proven effective. Once you do that, you can share it privately with your downline and watch your business explode.

And THAT is a beautiful thing indeed!

Rudi Vanhaecke
Bronze Team Leader SFI
Inrernet Marketing Professional

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zp626e.jpg

Waterstraat 59
8730 Beernem
Belgium
Europe

rudihomebusiness@gmail.com
Mobile: +32496292333
Phone: +3250791910

@instant_fortune..

http://sfi4.com/11219288.3000/FREE

There are more than a few very good programs that are over promoted right now. You have offerd some great tips on how to deal with that particular IM problem. Great post!

• 9 months later...

I'll bet you've seen the ads. "Earn $500 a day!" "No selling. No phone calls. Etc. Etc." "Fire your boss!" Sometimes it feels like everyone is promoting the same thing at one time. Can anyone really make any money promoting a system that is so over-promoted? YOU BET THEY CAN! But it takes a bit of creativity and the willingness to be unique. If that sounds good to you, you'll love what comes next. >>> FIVE WAYS TO PROMOTE AN OVER-PROMOTED PROGRAM <<< 1. Don't Use The Company Ad Or URL Every company I know hires writers to write great ads and promotional pieces for their associates or affiliates to use. Nothing wrong with that. But what happens when literally millions of people are placing the same ads? The ads become almost worthless. This is why you must avoid using the ads the company provides for you. By all means, test their ads to see if they work for you. But at the same time, be sure to write ads of your own that are in your own voice. This is the only way to stand out from the crowd when promoting an over-promoted website. 2. Focus On One Problem And Solve It People get excited. It's a natural thing to get excited about your new business. In fact, it's a good thing. But don't forget in that excitement that your prospective customer only cares about one thing. What's In It For Me Your customer needs to solve a problem. So, when you write your shiny new ad, FOCUS all of the ads attention on one problem. HOT TIP: If you make your ads about saving time, making money or saving money you will do well. These are universal needs. 3. Focus On One Product And Promote It This applies mainly to programs where you have lots of products to promote and you can promote the business too. The best way to go here is often to pick one product and promote that product alone. Write a great ad extolling the virtue of your insurance product. Once a person becomes a customer for that product, use email to introduce them to the rest of your fine products as well, or even the business itself. Using this backdoor approach can often lead to many new sign ups even when creating sign ups was not what you were promoting. Plus, you'll make a couple of bucks selling find products! ;) 4. Never Send Anyone To The Company Website That might sound radical to some, but follow the logic and see if you agree. Let's say you work hard to promote your new-found venture, and spend a few bucks buying some pay per click ads. You insert your good old affiliate link as you've been instructed. And now Paula Prospect sees your ad and clicks the link. Whose business are you building now? The company's business, that's whose. Sure, you might make A sale. But the company will make a fortune.The reason for this is that the company is building THEIR mailing list off of your efforts. You might find that to be a good thing. If you do, that's okay. But remember this. Paula is going to be interested in other businesses as well. You can count on that.And she could just as easily be on your list as well as the company's. All you need to do is put up a simple lead capture page and have Paula fill out your form before going to the company site. There are no lack of companies who will do this work for you for a very small fee. In fact, the prolific Alex Mandossian and Rick Raddus started a service like this at Marketing Makeover Generator. 5. Use An Autoresponder Address Instead Of A Website Why does every call to click have to go to a website? Answer: they don't. For YEARS, one of the top marketers online (a name you would know) operated a highly successful operation without a website. Yep ... 100% email. [Paul - you know who you are!] Can you *really* succeed online without a website? You can, but not forever. Sooner or later, you'll need a site. In the meantime, why not make a few bucks with email? Get the materials that your company provides and use them to create an incredible follow up system. Then advertise your autoresponder email address instead of a website! HINT: You can still make it a link they click by adding the mailto: prefix. It would look like this if I were doing it for my address ... mailto:someone@directoryofezines.com (NOTE: This is not a real address - just a sample) The mailto: prefix ensures the link can be clicked in most cases, and will open a blank email they can fire off! I have to thank my faithful readers for the idea behind this article. In the last six months I've received about 100 phone calls (no kidding) from affiliates of these various programs asking "Is it saturated" or "will my ad for this product even be noticed?" It is through working with you (I donated my time) that I was able to test the methods above and prove they work. There ARE ways to promote even the most over-promoted of programs. It takes thinking 'outside the box' and a willingness to try new things. But if you do that, and succeed, you will have created your own mini-marketing plan that is proven effective. Once you do that, you can share it privately with your downline and watch your business explode. And THAT is a beautiful thing indeed!

Thanks for sharing those helpfull tips. I really enjoyed the post