Marketing Checkpoint

Rocket Responder just RIPPED ME OFF

I have not been getting any response to my tickets from rocket responder for the last 7 days. 5 follow ups from me was also ignored. Got the trial in May and decided to continue for the month of June. In mid June I noticed my opt in form was not performing correctly and sent them a support ticket but till today there is NO response. I also sent a request to cancel my account but no response to that either. This is definitely not good. Hope to get some help here.

I created this account simply to add to this thread because it seems that the people connected with RocketResponder tend to keep up with this thread even though they do NOT respond to OPEN SUPPORT TICKETS.

I've been paying for RocketResponder for months because I knew eventually, I would start using it. I've had other autoresponders... GetResponse. Aweber. I've even hosted -- and still do -- host my own autoresponder scripts on my server. I'd read nothing but good things about RocketResponder and so for $20 a month, I figured, what the hell...

I signed up -- created my account. So far so good.

I even created some tests during my 30 Day Free Trial just to see IF RocketResponder delivered everything they'd promised and? It appeared that they had.

So far so good... Again.

Now, 4 days ago I began a new endeavor online and figured RocketResponder would be perfect for this... Went inside and created a new list. After that, I created a confirmation email. After that, I created one followup test email.

All that went smoothly.

Then I tried to SUBSCRIBE to that new list with my own email address which is a Gmail address. The optin form I created based on RocketResponder's automatically generated optin form was very similar and I've been doing this for over 25 years. In other words, I know how to create an optin form with all the correct fields.

My own created optin form didn't work... Of course, I figured I screwed something up with the coding but upon completion of troubleshooting, I couldn't find anything wrong.

Next?

The automatically created form didn't work. It would not subscribe the email address. Instead, I was sent to a page that told me I had used an invalid email address. LOL. It was the same Gmail address I've used forever in one of my businesses in fact, this Gmail address is one of the first batches of Gmail addresses obtained through invitations from when Gmail was first created by Google.

I should at this time make note that all I use are Gmail addresses except for my very first email address I created when the Internet first became the Internet... LOL. That was a Yahoo email address that I still use today. All my other email addresses are Gmail addresses and YES... I am going somewhere with this which is WHY I am being VERY EXPLANATORY in this thread.

So I tried Gmail address after Gmail address and none of them worked. After trying to subscribe with each and every one of them, I was sent to a page that kept telling me I was using an Invalid Email Address.

I was definitely confused as to what I was doing wrong. I'd used RocketResponder before when I'd first signed up and everything had gone SMOOTHLY. So what the hell?

I tried my own optin form and when that didn't work, I tried their automatically created optin form. When that didn't work, I used the email address they create for your list to send emails to so you can subscribe via email. That didn't work. Last but not least I tried what they call their Simple Method optin form and that didn't work.

From there, I tried changing the name of my list and that didn't work.

At that point, I opened up a support ticket and that was 4 days ago. In the past 4 days, there has been zero response about my open ticket from RocketResponder. I've even constantly ADDED to that open ticket to keep them up to date on what I've discovered.

And?

Here's what I did discover...

It occurred to me to ATTEMPT to add a subscriber MANUALLY to the list just to see what would happen and THIS is why I am adding to this thread...

When I tried to add ANY Gmail address (one was brand new that had just been created) I received the following message at the top of the platform:

Error: Banned Email Address

That's copied and pasted directly from RocketResponder to this thread.

I tried at least 20 completely different Gmail addresses and EACH ONE received the SAME RESPONSE:

Error: Banned Email Address

So my question...

How could a brand new Gmail address be banned? Well let's be honest. IT CAN'T BE because it hadn't even existed before giving it a try. So that MUST mean all Gmail addresses are BANNED EMAIL ADDRESSES and if THAT is true?

Then RocketResponder is basically worthless at this point as would be ANY autoresponder that does not allow Gmail addresses to subscribe.

From what I've read? Gmail maintains a consistently high marketshare of ACTIVE EMAIL ADDRESSES... Apparently, over 1 BILLION NOW. Almost everyone I know uses it.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/547531/e-mail-provider-ranking-consumer-usa-age/

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-email-provider

https://emailclientmarketshare.com/

https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2014/10/gmail-moves-to-2-in-email-client-market-share.html

So while I do actually LOVE and am IMPRESSED by RocketResponder... Meaning its price and ease of use... I am not impressed with my not being able to get a Gmail address to subscribe to my list.

But hold on... I do NOT want to cancel my membership. The ONLY REASON I am ON HERE writing all this down is just so I can get a FRIGGIN' response from SOMEONE connected or who represents RocketResponder.

Guys... Support tickets should never take MORE than 48 hours to respond to. Yet? In this very same thread, I see that this seems to be a consistent factor with RocketResponder.

Guys... If you no longer allow your RocketResponder generated autoresponders to accept Gmail address subscribers? You had and or have a duty to tell all your members way before now.

Guys... If this is just a glitch of some kind? How about FIXING it so we can get on with our business?

I'll STICK with YOU until you tell me Gmail addresses cannot subscribe to our autoresponders but seriously... This LACK of response is a terrible way to do business.

equilibra

I have not been getting any response to my tickets from rocket responder for the last 7 days. 5 follow ups from me was also ignored. Got the trial in May and decided to continue for the month of June. In mid June I noticed my opt in form was not performing correctly and sent them a support ticket but till today there is NO response. I also sent a request to cancel my account but no response to that either. This is definitely not good. Hope to get some help here.

Hey... I'm just NOW reading this. I somehow missed it when I created my own response to this thread.

How was your optin form performing correctly? Just curious if it's because it's not accepting Gmail addresses as subscribers?

As you can read from my lengthy reply below... This is what I am currently experiencing.

Would be curious if OTHERS are experiencing it too.

Thanks,

equilibria

Hey... I'm just NOW reading this. I somehow missed it when I created my own response to this thread.

How was your optin form performing correctly? Just curious if it's because it's not accepting Gmail addresses as subscribers?

As you can read from my lengthy reply below... This is what I am currently experiencing.

Would be curious if OTHERS are experiencing it too.

Thanks,

equilibria

He said it was not working correcty, I'll try to reach out to Jon again.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

Still no reply to my open support ticket from RocketResponder. In about 3 or 4 hours, it will have been 5 days since I opened the ticket.

Jon said he can't do anything... he is not handling support or anything technical, and the guys that do seem to have abandoned the business for now, so I guess you shouldn't expect any resolution :(

My Blog

So... Based on WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME, it SOUNDS like RocketResponder is NO LONGER WORKING.

Interesting.

GOOD TO KNOW.

But still... As one of the FOUNDERS and having seen his other responses in this thread? He should be getting on the telephone to get this resolved. What kind of business are they running?

It also sounds like it's going to be very difficult to CANCEL my subscription IF nobody is working their support desk tickets. I've already NOT heard from ANYONE in 5 days so if I cancel TODAY, I am sure they will charge me again in July since they are NOT responding to emails.

I just found an toll free number for them: 1-877-244-3581

Let's see what kind of damage I can do with it.

Thanks,

equilibria

Jon said he can't do anything... he is not handling support or anything technical, and the guys that do seem to have abandoned the business for now, so I guess you shouldn't expect any resolution :(

Just called their toll free number... It is INDEED RocketResponder but the message says that if you want to talk to anyone or cancel your subscription, just send an email to support@rocketresponder.com which of course we ALL KNOW simply redirects us to https://timtechsupport.com and simply OPENS a NEW support desk ticket that NOBODY responds to.

This feels more and more shady...

I guess I will CANCEL my subscription after all because even if and when they FINALLY get back to me?

This is NO WAY TO RUN AN ONLINE BUSINESS.

And NO OFFENSE to your buddy Jon Olson but he CANNOT DO ANYTHING? LOL. Of course he can. He can call the other FOUNDERS up RIGHT NOW and tell them to get these issues RESOLVED.

He's simply passing the buck while taking our money.

Well that's IT for ME.

equilibria

Just sent an email to support@rocketresponder to CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION effective IMMEDIATELY. Let's see if they answer THAT support ticket.

I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but if this is the way they are going to do business? I WANT NO PART OF THEM.

equilibria

You are right it is no way to run a business. It is disappointing because I know they can do much better. They should really close the site if they don't intend to help their customers or fix a crucial error to the service.

My Blog

You are right it is no way to run a business. It is disappointing because I know they can do much better. They should really close the site if they don't intend to help their customers or fix a crucial error to the service.

I was VERY MUCH SURPRISED to read your response from Jon Olson especially after having gone through this thread... I really thought the problem was going to be resolved which is why I added to it here. Seriously, when I read what he told you?

I was STUNNED.

I've been all through their site... Read a lot of their blog. Learned a lot from all of that and just FELT good about them.

Till today.

Thanks again, Darren. Much appreciated.

equilibria

P.S. Still ZERO response to my open ticket from RocketResponder.

I had email support@rocketresponder about my account and wanted it to be cancelled on March 31, 2018. I was received an email the say day saying it is cancelled.  It's not canceled and I was charged on April 3, 2018. I don't understand why I was charged on April 3rd if it was canceled on March 31st. I have not heard back from anyone on why my account is still open. Every time I check on my ticket the same person who said it was cancelled, closes my support ticket all the time. I did heard back from one person and he said that refunds are not giving back. I do appreciate that person explain that to me. However, when I reply back to ask why my account was still open, the same person who closed my support ticket closed this one as well. I feel like this person is not going to close my account and I will be charge again in May. I have kept all the emails. I am afraid that if I email the support again it will get closed again. I am going to call my bank and see if I can change my card just in case.  What should I do? I have never had this problem before. 

If you have the email that stated your account was closed you can present it to the bank/credit card company and try to get your money back. Failing that, you can make a fraud complaint against them and get your money back that way. It may seem like an extreme thing to do, but if they are trying to charge you for services they claim is cancelled it would certainly fit the bill.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

Another update...

No response to my ongoing support ticket. Absolutely NOTHING and it has NOW been SIX DAYS. No response to my RocketResponder CANCELLATION REQUEST either.

I found all the founders' RocketResponder email addresses and sent them all emails... NOTHING.

I will never get involved with anything any of these three guys develop ever again... This is NOT how you do business with people that have instilled enough faith in you and your company to pay you a monthly fee for your services.

Do you hear me Justin Ledvina, Tim Linden, and Jon Olson?

equilibria

Hi 

equilibria,

Sorry for the late response as I was travelling. Yes the optin form did not performed correctly just like you mentioned and that is it says that the Gmail is an invalid Email. As as far as replies to support tickets is concerned, there are NONE to date. So I guess they are going out of business. I am reaching out to my bank to report this as fraud.

Just to add... My bank need to cancel my card JUST TO STOP their continuos payment. This is outright fraud when merchants can continue charging you and not providing services to you and not responding to you.

I guess I got lucky... My bank managed to somehow keep them from charging my card again. It took a half hour on the phone with them but in the end, I didn't have to get a new card. You're right, this is fraud. As soon as Jon Olson said he couldn't do anything about this? He basically said HE DOESN'T CARE WHAT OUR PROBLEMS ARE. I read that sure... He handles the marketing side of things but as ONE of RocketResponder's FOUNDERS, you would think he'd get on the phone with someone or send an email to someone and get this resolved -- like he apparently did earlier in this thread.

The fact that he CHOOSES NOT to do ANYTHING NOW does make me believe they are going to MILK their members for as many monthly charges as they can until a certain percentage eventually figure out they have abandoned RocketResponder.

equilibria

I guess I got lucky... My bank managed to somehow keep them from charging my card again. It took a half hour on the phone with them but in the end, I didn't have to get a new card. You're right, this is fraud. As soon as Jon Olson said he couldn't do anything about this? He basically said HE DOESN'T CARE WHAT OUR PROBLEMS ARE. I read that sure... He handles the marketing side of things but as ONE of RocketResponder's FOUNDERS, you would think he'd get on the phone with someone or send an email to someone and get this resolved -- like he apparently did earlier in this thread.

The fact that he CHOOSES NOT to do ANYTHING NOW does make me believe they are going to MILK their members for as many monthly charges as they can until a certain percentage eventually figure out they have abandoned RocketResponder.

equilibria

This is so unexpected...

Seems like this scenario is commonplace with Rocket Responder. I had the exact same thing to happen to me but through a support ticket after the fact I was finally able to get my account cancelled and a refund on the charge they made after my account was supposed to be closed.

Seems like this scenario is commonplace with Rocket Responder. I had the exact same thing to happen to me but through a support ticket after the fact I was finally able to get my account cancelled and a refund on the charge they made after my account was supposed to be closed.

Thanks for letting us know!

It's now been 9 days since I've opened my support ticket with RocketResponder with absolutely no replies. I am going to keep this thread UPDATED.

And obviously zero response to my request to cancel my subscription.

equilibria

It's now been 11 days since I opened my support desk ticket with RocketResponder with absolutely zero response from them.

The good news is that my bank somehow managed to get a refund from June's charge to my card so that was $20 less than they got from me.

Justin LedvinaTim Linden, and Jon Olson should be ASHAMED of themselves... Especially, Tim Linden Follower of Christ. LOL. And yes... He put out a tweet on Twitter July 4th but he can't be bothered to respond to support tickets.

equilibria

It's NOW been 14 days since I opened my support ticket with RocketResponder.com with absolutely ZERO RESPONSE back from ANYONE. Today, my debit card was charged again. It turns out that I now have to cancel my card and get a new one reissued with a new card number.

No worries... I didn't cancel the card yet today because I have several other monthly charges automatically paid with that card so now I have to make a list and wait for them all to get paid this month and then call my bank back and have the card cancelled.

The dispute that I created back on the 29th of June didn't keep the July charge from occurring.

NO PROBLEM.

But I do want to reiterate HERE that all that has to be done by ANY or ALL of the THREE FOUNDERS of RocketResponder.com would be to make good on all support requests. Stop charging members' cards until they either resolve the problems with their autoresponder or shut down their business NOW.

Since I was charged again today? I'm filing a fraud complaint with the FBI since I have nothing better to do here.

I hope Justin LedvinaTim Linden, and Jon Olson are ready to do business with them instead.

I urge anyone who believes they've been involved in a fraudulent transaction with RocketResponder.com to file a complaint with the FBI here:

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

equilibria

I just filed my fraud complaint over at:

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Please make no mistake... I did NOT file this complaint just for myself. I keep finding out other members are experiencing the same kinds of problems I'm experiencing with RocketResponder.com. All these members have also opened support tickets to ZERO RESPONSES from RocketResponder.com. Even their toll free number does not allow you to leave a message and most of the time? It's just BUSY.

I filed this fraud complaint in an attempt to get RocketResponder.com's three founders: Justin LedvinaTim Linden, and Jon Olson

to get off their complacent behinds and make good on their services. All you guys have to do is SHUT DOWN ROCKETRESPONDER.COM or start replying to support tickets with some ANSWERS and REFUNDS.

If you do NOT start conducting business the way business should be conducted? Then you're liable for fraud, plain and simple.

I urge you to take this thread SERIOUSLY and resolve all problems with RocketResponder.com by the time the FBI begins its investigation and yes, I did supply all your contact information in the complaint.

Good luck,

equilibria