Marketing Checkpoint

backlinks for seo

essentialsoflife

I just checked my Google Search Console and discovered that all of the links from forums (such as this one), blog comments, article directories, and even my Blogger account no longer show in the Links to Your Site section.  Do links only show if they've been used recently?  or is sharing your link for seo purposes no longer an option and we should just focus on networking?  I'm just confused because I thought backlinks were still important.

NVM... I was looking at the wrong website  :rolleyes:  There are 20 listed for my blog  :)

Receive our Introduction to Essential Oils series

My Blog: http://kindredspiritforhealthandhome.com 

Sharing Our Love for God & His Gift of Essential Oils

On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/use.essential.oils.daily/

• 2 weeks later...

Google Search Console shows your best and most related links first and doesn't always show links like ones from this Marketing forum to your site about God and Healthy Living as they are not related content links. If you were to post on a healthy living or alternative health forum and similar blogs you would get better links Google wouldn't ignore.

Andy Zeus Anderson

Andy Zeus Anderson

I'm Writing 10 Bitcoin Blank Checks this month, will you claim one of them? Mailer On Fire Contest!

Get the FREE report that tells the truth of why you are failing to make money online. Click here for your free report now.

• 2 weeks later...

Another point I wanted to mention is that this may be one of the many changes Google has been forcing to prevent people from having massive numbers of backlinks. There was one update that specifically targeted sites that gained too many backlinks too fast.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

Another point I wanted to mention is that this may be one of the many changes Google has been forcing to prevent people from having massive numbers of backlinks. There was one update that specifically targeted sites that gained too many backlinks too fast.

It's not the number of backlinks in a short period of time it's the types and origins of those backlinks. A good press release can result in 50,000 fresh backlinks in as little as a week's time but the sources will vary, the content will be related on most pages, and spammy links will be under 7% with the high number of 7% accounting for aggregator news sites as well as scraper sites or link list that you do not request to be on. Goggle has provided a disavow tool to deny links like these if they get too numerous and cause penalties. These scrapers are usually the biggest issues because they often are bot nets sighting you as a target for hacking to send SPAM on your behalf. They can cost you yourISP as well as your server and ruin the use of your domain name forever along with your reputation. If on these list do everything in your power to make clear that you did not request that link.

Andy

Andy Zeus Anderson

I'm Writing 10 Bitcoin Blank Checks this month, will you claim one of them? Mailer On Fire Contest!

Get the FREE report that tells the truth of why you are failing to make money online. Click here for your free report now.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...