Marketing Checkpoint

Traffic Exchanges

mistracy39

I own my own internet business and I'm working very hard to put my girls through college. I would like to met someone and get married one day and maybe even buy a house

Hi Tracy,

In addition to you surfing the traffic exchanges, it's a MUST that you leverage your time and efforts by promoting the traffic exchanges that you like to generate even more advertising credits from the members that join thru your link.

The KEY is to leverage your time and effort thru the help of others.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Tabbed browsing combined with powerful computers killed the traffic exchanges. In the 'olden days' - and yes, I'm old enough to remember - we could only surf one site at a time, so we had to actually look at the pages we were being shown while surfing. Now, with more powerful computers and tabbed browsing, we can surf twenty sites at a time, just flicking from one tab to the next and only looking at the buttons to click to collect the credits. And then we stop doing even that, because we realise that everyone else is doing the exact same thing and the credits we've collected are being used by people who are just flicking from one tab to the next and not looking at the page we're promoting...

RIP traffic exchanges - you were great in your time, but your time has passed.

Tabbed browsing combined with powerful computers killed the traffic exchanges. In the 'olden days' - and yes, I'm old enough to remember - we could only surf one site at a time, so we had to actually look at the pages we were being shown while surfing. Now, with more powerful computers and tabbed browsing, we can surf twenty sites at a time, just flicking from one tab to the next and only looking at the buttons to click to collect the credits. And then we stop doing even that, because we realise that everyone else is doing the exact same thing and the credits we've collected are being used by people who are just flicking from one tab to the next and not looking at the page we're promoting...

RIP traffic exchanges - you were great in your time, but your time has passed.

I believe another aspect contributing to the demise of Traffic Exchanges is the ability for anybody to start one.  Some people are just not cut out to take on such an enormous responsibility.  One only has to look at the Stellar Hits life history - check out their thread for the juicy details.

And now we are seeing many owners (some very seasoned, sadly) causing free members to jump through hoops to get paid.  See as how the majority of members are free, I see a ton of complaints in many TE's futures.

I have a very honest question as I have been trying for almost two months. Does anyone actually get signups from the traffic that they get through surfing? I haven't as of yet. Just wondering if I couldn't be doing something more productive to get actual sign ups to my affiliate programs. I would like to hear from you.

Visit Marketing6s for tips about marketing, advertising and promotion.

Find out about my favorite affiliate program: SFI

• 4 weeks later...

Brian Francis I am with you 100%, I have been researching TE and mailers for the last several months and I am convinced that most of them are a huge waste of time and resources. If time is money, then you have to really calculate what your time is worth.  I am often disappointed when I join a program that offers a quick easy way to get traffic that the "quick" easy way is a list of 20 TE's or mailers.  .  People who are trying to make money online do not have the time to sign up for these programs, click their day away or read a gadzillion emails promoting the same programs.  Another issue is the costs of some of these programs to upgrade? (Really)

I have decided to try another avenue.  i.e. article marketing, video marketing, Social media marketing, owning a classified ad site.  Although WorldProfit is a self indulged program - when you start receiving emails from then and join their 30,000 blast, you notice that most of the ads you see are their own ads or people advertsing WorldProfit.  While this is not all bad because I did receive some clidkthrough from them  I kind of felt that I was singing to the choir

However, they do offer an opportunity to own a classified ad site ( get over 200 leads per month from people who place classified ads.  The cost is $6.95/month and those 200 leads is a lot more than I ever received clicking and surfing with a lot less effort.  These are long term solutions that provide ongoing leads and sales without all the wasted effort and money

The people who own these sites are making money and getting leads on a daily basis but for someone looking to join and create a sustainable income I think they are clicking up the wrong tree.  When I interviewed some top Internet Marketers, some of them from the Warrior forum, etc, asking for the best way to get traffic, not one of them mentioned TEs or mailers.  I think this site is exceptional because you can at least get some good solid advice.  I am not inundated with ads on a daily basis.. but if I am going to spend my money and time I think the learning curve for Facebook advertising, instagram marketing, Social media video marketing is time better spent. 

I applaud those inddividuals who have the money or time to create an income from these programs but for the most part.  I am OUT!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny my friend asked me once when I was surfing for credits for my site visitors he said  "aren't people just surfing your sites just trying to get credits for their sites?  

Atiyyeh I agree .. I'm sure you get better customer visits when you Buy credits then when you surf.

I've wasted sooo much time surfing.  I can just buy credits.. but what if everyone buys credits .. then who's surfing and viewing your sites?

Carter, Tracy D.

• 4 weeks later...

What is best; promoting products on traffic exchanges or splash pages??  Promoting products to get sales or promote splash pages to get referrals?  How important is it to build a list and email the list .. then just promoting products?

Carter, Tracy D.

What is best; promoting products on traffic exchanges or splash pages??  Promoting products to get sales or promote splash pages to get referrals?  How important is it to build a list and email the list .. then just promoting products?

It is much more important to build your list than make an immediate sale. People on your list can turn into sales later for many other products.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 2 weeks later...

It is much more important to build your list than make an immediate sale. People on your list can turn into sales later for many other products.

I would honestly build you email list, this is so important and nowadays it's easier than ever, you could get started now....all you have to do is signup for mailerlite free account that offers you 1000 list members without paying...Create a list and then create a webform - Landing/Capture page and offer a free ebook or something and then promote that link on free traffic sources like exchanges, mailers, safelists, viral list builders etc....

If you want to maximize your results reccomend paying solo ads on udimi or paying for traffic via ppc, cpc, ppv etc.....

Hoped this helped, if you want more info on email list building click the link in my signature called " Best Tools For Blogging" 

Hope this helped you 

mistracy39

Guest mrclean0325

Yes, list building is important to building something sustainable though many fail at building a well monetized list. In my opinion building a list is very much like building a blog. You have to niche down to something you can post good relevant content in a niche that can be monetized. Essentially every email in your autoresponder is a "post" and should give good content and a recommendation (affiliate link). Just like a blog, you have to produce good valuable content to send out in a niche you know well. It is easy enough to get people to sign up. To keep them, and have them buy stuff, is a whole other ballgame. Especially if they sign up interested in the traffic clickbait you use then you switch gears on them and send them stuff they may not be interested in. This is why the more successful email marketers have their lists subdivided - A list for MMO people, a list for health people, a list for diet people, a list for exercise people, etc. and send each list valuable content for that interest along with recommendations and such.

Sending people interested in MMO diet stuff usually doesn't work well in the long run.

Most of the list building I see done are "one trick ponies", the clickbait is for a single program and they have one or two emails for it then not much or you get hammered about the single program with the same emails every day. Like, if they haven't bought yet - I will keep sending them emails until they do. Of course there are the ones who try to use their list to promote everything under the sun and just think sending the "next shiny object" email will get them sales.

Just think about the lists you stay on and why you keep reading them. Also think about the lists you don't stay on and why you unsubscribe. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are many comments above about TEs being past their prime.  Meanwhile we are all being bombarded with new cryptocurrency sites.  I notice that many of the bitcoin sites allow you to surf for microscopic amounts of bitcoin and then you can advertise your site.  Are bitcoin sites the new TEs?

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

Guest mrclean0325

Im still not into bitcoin and this type of currency yet....maybe im too old-fashioned for this particular trend...

Don't feel alone. It is scary enough when paper money isn't really backed by anything but the government. These have even less backing than that and now that the regulators are getting involved, who knows....

I think people need to be very careful with the Bitcoin frenzy.  History does not always repeat itself.  Since most people don't understand the whole Bitcoin marketplace there is a lot of room for Scam Artist to profit from this new Millionaire Maker. Some of these offers speak to the Bernie Madoff syndrome - just greed - no real subsctance.

I would suggest that before you spend your money on this new currency - do your due dilligence and check out the people who are creating these new Bitcoin Exchanges, traffic sources that only pay in Bitcoins and new "get rich quick with Bitcoin programs.  

As far as Traffic Exchanges, I did some research and these programs have flourished onine because they draw a large group of people who think they can get traffic for nothing. I have used them so I am guilty but also want to move my marketing into the 21st century.  Trafifc exchanges are horse and buggy marketing .. they no longer make sense.  Manual marketing unless you are on the telephone is just a waste of precious money and time.

"With a traffic exchange, your traffic is not looking for what you have to sell.  These individuals are disengaged.  People using traffic exchanges have have their own agenda - not looking for your product - they are trying to sell their product.  The nature of the traffic is people looking to “click for pennies”, they are not reading your content, They are forced to look at your site so they can get x number of people to look at their site.  This is NOT targeted traffic but random viewers, not actively searching for a solution, and they are not looking to buy from you..

I really get upset when a major marketer or major program like WorldProfit  proclaims that they have the secret to unlimited traffic and then they show  a list of 20-30 traffic sources which are all interconnected traffic exchanges sites, you join one and then you are taken to another one and another one.  What a waste. You start getting so many emails that you only have time to read not market your own produc.   In addition when you use these programs you notice that you see the same programs advertised over and over again .  Usually the programs that you see are from the vendor who told you that these traffic sources were legitimate.  (HUH)

Who has the time or even the money to spend on these programs.  If a marketer is part time, he has little time or patience to click on all these random sites trying to get traffic or build a downline.

The people who really benefit from these exchanges are the owners.   That is why they are so prolific there is money to be made  Someone reported that they made $250,000 using Traffic Exchanges, I would like to analyze that data and the time spent "exchanging information".  You would almost need a Virtual assistant who did nothing all day but click and read and delete messages.  I think automation is the name of the game.  

Social Media is the new Traffic Exchange.  The big boys or should I say "The Real Big Dogs of Internet Marketing are rolling out software daily that automates lead generation, product launches, you can market to a huge number of prospect with the click of a button.  If you had a choice as tohow to get leads and expand your reach... would you really choose  a manual traffic exchange? 

Just m, 02 cents or less

Guest mrclean0325

I do tend to agree with most of what you are saying. Though I don't think traffic exchanges will go away anytime soon. This is from using them and observing them for a number of years. They are really the only option for folks with little money to advertise to be able to have a chance to earn a little bit extra from their own "sweat equity". Some use them to earn enough to go to other methods and others have built up a decent business and income from using them.

Sure there are the other "free" ways to advertise like forum marketing, comment marketing, SEO, and the like... but they are more a game of chance that someone will find your link and click it.

As far as social networks go, I have seen a lot of different programs to get leads and sales come and go. The idea of going to where the most people are is the main driving force behind them.

The problem I see is just about everyone on Facebook is looking to have some fun and see what their friends post. I don't know many who go to Facebook and think, "I will find something to make money here" or "Let me look up that product I am thinking about buying". Even if you have a large number in your friends list, even a single post doesn't mean but a small percentage of them will see your post the way Facebook works.

Most marketers I have in my list on LinkedIn post biz ventures, but most people use it to find new or different jobs. How truly effective their marketing is I don't really know....but I am sure you can purchase their course on LinkedIn marketing to make a mint. :D

I think it all boils down to what you use and get good at working. I see too many people try to get good at everything all at once and get overwhelmed in the process. With any of them using the mindset of "I will post this once and make a lot of money" is what causes many to not see any results in anything.

I am going to be blunt here and I do not mean to offend. After all, I do still dabble with TEs, but I really do not see the value in Traffic Exchanges. I have tried for years now to understand how and why they survive and for the first time I have read someone make a comment that kinda makes sense. None-the-less, it all still mostly seems to me like everyone promoting the same old offers with perhaps the occasional unique and worthwhile product or service.

Of course it has to be said though that there are also some very clever and innovative Traffic Exchanges that have stepped beyond just surfing for credits. My big concern as a paying advertiser would be am I getting my monies worth if people are just mindlessly clicking for credits to promote their own offers.

Maybe I am missing something still...

I tend to agree with you on the issue of TE's. I have long questioned their value as sources of potential buyers. I have had better results from safelists. Though the use of them can be a time consuming issue in and of itself. I tend to veer towards content marketing, and trying to create mailing lists of my own. Mostly I use paid advertising sources now. My results from that has been much better. I tend to shop around.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

• 3 weeks later...