Marketing Checkpoint

Abandoned Safelists/Mailers

Yes they ALL have hype and OTO at the start so no sympathy is needed for these robbers of peoples hard earned money.Keeping peoples money is disrespectfull and baseball bats on knees will help focus the offenders outlook of refunding money.

To Your Sucess
Steve Man :D

Take your marketing to the next level with Referral Frenzy.

http://tinyurl.com/frenzy8048

• 1 month later...

4 Safelists just went away within the last few weeks. They were al ownd by the same person and all were available in SL Genie. When I saw the sites at first I didn't like how they were functioning. I felt at first that the owner was hoping to make some quick money with regard to his users (just an impression). Apperantly things just didn't work for him since these sites are gone. The sites are:  iGot Mails, I Got Money, I Got Sales, and Lord Of The Mailers. I don't know what will happen next but I am glad I never looked at upgrading in this sites.

Garrett

• 2 weeks later...

I am (was) a member of IGot-Mails.com and am quite disappointed in Simon.  If someone is having problems with a site, get some help.  If you don't want to run it any longer for whatever reason, sell it.  DO NOT just stop maintaining the site; someone will take it over for you.  By just leaving the site, the owner just destroyed any and all credibility he had in the IM market.  

I for one will never again join, or even pay attention to, anything Simon Chappell owns or advertises.  Fortunately I was in only one of his businesses.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I am (was) a member of IGot-Mails.com and am quite disappointed in Simon.  If someone is having problems with a site, get some help.  If you don't want to run it any longer for whatever reason, sell it.  DO NOT just stop maintaining the site; someone will take it over for you.  By just leaving the site, the owner just destroyed any and all credibility he had in the IM market.  

I for one will never again join, or even pay attention to, anything Simon Chappell owns or advertises.  Fortunately I was in only one of his businesses.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Well!  I am disappointed too!  There were complaints about him of not paying members' commission.  He could have done well with one site.  But he kept on launching one after another.  I am happy he shut down all his sites instead of keeping them on and ripping off more people.

• 1 month later...

One lesson I learned is not sign up for any subscriptions by website owners using JVZOO.  Cancellations are dependent on the owner cancelling the subscription and not JVZOO. At least with PayPal, you can cancel anytime.

Really? I've never done any subscription payments through JVZoo but it seems you are able to see any purchases under your JVZoo account "My Purchases" page? I guess otherwise you could

contact JVZoo to cancel but of course that is not as convenient as PayPal.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We all get burned by people who don't do any efforts to make their site grow, unfortunately. It makes us careful the next time we decide to join one.
Most site owners don't treat it as a business and don't really make any personal commitment to their members. If they decide to close their site a few months later, they seem to feel that it's "alright" (I don't get it). There are abandoned sites, but there are also sites that stay "alive" (even by 'respected' owners) but never grow much anymore. For me, it's almost the same, I won't be joining or upgrading in their new sites anymore if they have proven not to care anymore after reaching a certain number of members or after their launch.

You're invited to my NEW site List Impact.

http://www.listimpact.com/affiliate/banners/468x60b.jpg

Want me to build a profitable advertising site for you? Contact me.
I have a "done-for-you service" for serious marketers (limited).

We all get burned by people who don't do any efforts to make their site grow, unfortunately. It makes us careful the next time we decide to join one.

Most site owners don't treat it as a business and don't really make any personal commitment to their members. If they decide to close their site a few months later, they seem to feel that it's "alright" (I don't get it). There are abandoned sites, but there are also sites that stay "alive" (even by 'respected' owners) but never grow much anymore. For me, it's almost the same, I won't be joining or upgrading in their new sites anymore if they have proven not to care anymore after reaching a certain number of members or after their launch.

I agree with most of what you said, however I feel that as a business owner I owe it to the sitres I join to help promote them myself. My reason is selfish in that if I help build the site I also build my list and business and by doing this I also build my income.

• 3 weeks later...

One lesson I learned is not sign up for any subscriptions by website owners using JVZOO.  Cancellations are dependent on the owner cancelling the subscription and not JVZOO. At least with PayPal, you can cancel anytime.

JVZoo is working with PayPal and if you want to cancel anytime you'll need to go to Paypal and cancel subscription. Is no problem here!

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

I don't understand these people. They work to setup the site or pay for this, then is a hard work to bring subscribers with a lot of lost time and nervs and then they close the site!!!

Perhaps they were expecting to a big income obtained very easily!

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

Interesting update to report:

I posted in this thread months back reporting one particular safelist mailer that had been abandoned and just noticed my post here had been recently deleted.

I also mentioned the safelist admin by name and I believe he read my post here, re-activated the safelist and contacted Marketing Checkpoint admin to have my post deleted.

I don't think its a coincidence that he recently re-activated that particular safelist right after I called him out in this thread. (The site was offline for 8+ months)

I think its great to keep ad site owners accountable when a lot of them charge high lifetime OTO fees but then abandon them for whatever reason shortly thereafter.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish that on some of these closings that they could sell their sit instead of closing it. I am sure someone could take it and make it work.

I'm with you Garrett.  I don't understand why someone would take the time and money to build and then advertise a site and then let it just die.

I get they probably just wanted the quick (maybe not that quick) income and just close when it gets too much for them but you can always hire

someone to take care of it or just sell it to someone that would just love to take over an already established site.

If you sell it, at least you can get something for it instead of damaging your credibility among the list builder community.

Succesful1  WHO removed your post in this thread ??????????????????? I thought only the admin could remove posts ?????

The wanker who removed your post needs tuning with a baseball bat .The list owner who reactivated the list needs to give you some answers and compensation should really be paid to you. After all most of these list are full of bullshit when they start as to the results you can achieve. I notice most of the lists have the same people joining them so how can you get fantastic results ? at best you can get a steady stream of signups to your program if ad copy or splash page is good enough. I know because I have signed up thousands of people over a 15 year period of keeping at it and being consistant in my marketing.

To Your Sucess
Steve Man :D

Take your marketing to the next level with Referral Frenzy.

http://tinyurl.com/frenzy8048