Marketing Checkpoint

Abandoned Safelists/Mailers

I had the same issue with Tiger Solo Ads Plus. I had the top upgrade with a lot of credits. When the site was reorganized, I was downgraded to a lesser upgrade and most of my credits were deleted. The response was that I did not need so many credits.  Great customer service. NOT!

Yes, you were my referral there actually, top upgrade, I remember. I'm very sorry to hear that you were treated so badly.

I have a situation with Action Mails, which was owned by Leigh Ann Little. She was a great admin, and I was top upgraded there with over 100 referrals, some still spending money, when the site seems to have gone down (I was offline for some months), and then when it came back under a new owner. My account was wiped from the database. The new owner said that he couldn't restore my account and that I'd have to sign up again for a new one. I decided not to.

That's one thing that Payza ask for you to include on your website now, your contact information: name, address, phone number and email address, the same info that you have with your Payza account. :)

Intelligent of them, I like that :)

At the risk of sounding like grandma, I remember the days when I would join any viral mailer that I wasn't a member of yet. I actually had a radar on for them, and even used google once or twice :P

I see both accounts suspended or domains for sales on so many safelists and mailers these days.

But it could be a good thing though, for those who persist. Is a shame losing a paid membership though.

Agreed

• 3 weeks later...

I would be very cautious about spending my money on these sites.Speaking for myself, these here again, gone again sites make me suspicious. When they disappear the first time, it might be issues with hosting or something, but more than once seems fishy.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Businesses comes and go, that's life and that's how the business operates ... however for lifetime upgrade should a bank guarantee be provided by the safelist owner in the event that everything comes to worst? Or, should the member request a level of benefit before the lifetime subscription is considered a sunken fund? For example if the service goes under before the end of Five (5) would the safelist refund say 50% of the lifetime subscription amount?

When purchasing lifetime options I believe there should be some form of guarantee put in place in the event the service goes under.

Businesses comes and go, that's life and that's how the business operates ... however for lifetime upgrade should a bank guarantee be provided by the safelist owner in the event that everything comes to worst? Or, should the member request a level of benefit before the lifetime subscription is considered a sunken fund? For example if the service goes under before the end of Five (5) would the safelist refund say 50% of the lifetime subscription amount?

When purchasing lifetime options I believe there should be some form of guarantee put in place in the event the service goes under.

When most sites go offline it means the owner has also disappeared, so it would seem that would be incredibly difficult. I'm more annoyed by sites that are still online but don't pay due commissions to their affiliates.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

When most sites go offline it means the owner has also disappeared, so it would seem that would be incredibly difficult. I'm more annoyed by sites that are still online but don't pay due commissions to their affiliates.

True, true, true. A lifetime time guarantee could very well be interpreted as "as long as the site remains in full sway" and is active. But sites that go down due to faulty management due to the owner living large on the hog spending the liquid resources hoping for future inflows to cover any outstanding liability to it's members.

Where a consistent cashflow is no longer realised the program will fail and it all falls down resulting in affiliates left behind holding the poopy diaper. But I still wold remain consistent with my point that some form of compensatory guarantee should be put in place for a lifetime guarantee including but not limited to proof of address or proof that you are paying over money to a registered entity since there is the expectation of a lifetime commitment. 

Better yet there should be a more widely accepted of the term "lifetime member" whether this means the life of the website or in perpetuity.

True, true, true. A lifetime time guarantee could very well be interpreted as "as long as the site remains in full sway" and is active. But sites that go down due to faulty management due to the owner living large on the hog spending the liquid resources hoping for future inflows to cover any outstanding liability to it's members.

Where a consistent cashflow is no longer realised the program will fail and it all falls down resulting in affiliates left behind holding the poopy diaper. But I still wold remain consistent with my point that some form of compensatory guarantee should be put in place for a lifetime guarantee including but not limited to proof of address or proof that you are paying over money to a registered entity since there is the expectation of a lifetime commitment. 

Better yet there should be a more widely accepted of the term "lifetime member" whether this means the life of the website or in perpetuity.

The thing is, most payment processors, ESPECIALLY PayPal are totally against "Lifetime" memberships, and for exactly the reasons you stated - the customer can always state that something was not delivered because you can't expect all those sites to be around forever. People still sell them anyway because it is easier to make the sale.

My Blog

The thing is, most payment processors, ESPECIALLY PayPal are totally against "Lifetime" memberships, and for exactly the reasons you stated - the customer can always state that something was not delivered because you can't expect all those sites to be around forever. People still sell them anyway because it is easier to make the sale.

Point make sense. Maybe the optimal membership option should be the annual option in place with an agreement that should the site break down the membership amount be pro-rated and the difference refunded - standard accounting treatment. While no one should want the internet to become more regulated than it already is a greater level of accountability should be demanded from those offering services that is solely based on this medium. Don't you agree?

Point make sense. Maybe the optimal membership option should be the annual option in place with an agreement that should the site break down the membership amount be pro-rated and the difference refunded - standard accounting treatment. While no one should want the internet to become more regulated than it already is a greater level of accountability should be demanded from those offering services that is solely based on this medium. Don't you agree?

I agree if you paid to use a service for a set time frame that you should receive that service or be refunded somehow, but yea the Internet is still much like the wild west in a lot of regards and in most cases that is a good thing - apart from scams of course.

My Blog

• 5 months later...

adjockey, adpirate, expresssafelist, safecrackersafelist, trafficprolist, ultimate-safelist, themailbagsafelist, the-traffic-secret - all of them are dead
Is the same owner at all?

http://www.1001nightsmailer.com - a paid membership site which allows free members too!

http://www.pizzasafelistmailer.com - my first safelist mailer site!

• 2 months later...

More and more old, zombie state mailers are being purchased, I assumed for the purpose of adding them to super solo networks. One owner, I've been told owns 40 safelists now :huh:

I'm curious if anyone actually ever gets sign ups from super solos and are there some better than others? Or at least good enough to make it worth the money spent on them? I tend to avoid them.

• 3 months later...

Elite Safelist is gone again.  Wouldn't it be nice if some of the owners making the decision to go offline would let their clients know lol

In the Real World.....

Some months it is gone and some it is back.. so I'm not sure? It says it will return again, must be having some problems.

My Blog

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...