Marketing Checkpoint

March Growth for SEA ECommerse platform Lazada

geomc57

We are out of Hand Washer. Specifically a Foaming sanitizing hand washer that my wife, Awn likes. We went to several local shops (the ones still open) and tried to find it. None to be found. At dinner my wife and her sister Atchariya A. were discussing the problem. Atchariya asked, "Any ECommerce (RECAs) in Thailand selling it?"

There are not, but I went and checked Lazada and found it. There are several different vendors and one has the pre-Covid-19 prices so I bought 4 packs. Will be shipped to my door in a few days.

Founded in 2012, Lazada Group is Southeast Asia’s leading eCommerce platform. With a presence in six countries – Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

Today I was reading the Paper and there was an article about Lazada. Here are a couple significant snippets:
Lazada extends help to small businesses with new package
By THE NATION © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-17

The e-commerce platform also launched the YesICan campaign in the beginning of this month to encourage entrepreneurs to switch to selling online.

Over the past month, up to 26,000 new businesses have joined Lazada, bringing the total number of businesses showcasing their products on the website up to 200,000.

“Lazada has experienced overall growth from mid-March to mid-April,” Paradee said, adding that Lazada orders rose by 100 per cent while the trading value increased by 130 per cent compared to February and March. The best-selling products are electric appliances, kitchenware and toys.

How is your e-Commerce venture going? Has there been an increase in this past month? Lazada experienced a 13% increase in vendors in March alone.  Realize the other 87% took 8 years.

Do not fail to go after existing e-commerce stores and get them signed up for your marketing program. 

How can you help your local entrepreneurs move their brick and mortar shops online. Familiarize yourself with how Shopify works or other Ad Platforms. Learn more about the platforms that get sales exposure for an e-Commerce site.

If you have already migrated your sales platform to something like Shopify start doing Zoom lessons on how to open a shop and get other local entrepreneurs started. Train your affiliates and others on how to do it so they can help people get their business online.

What are some new incentive you might offer for start ups at this time? Maybe a YesICan campaign, like Lazada, for your new sign-ups and sales. Like a short course in how to get online with Shopify?

We have a local Dept/Box store that sells everything including groceries. So that people go in, get food and get out, the other sections, clothes, toys, appliances, kitchenware etc. are all closed off so people do not linger and shop.

Notice what the best-selling products were on Lazada. Why? Because all those types of shops are closed, only essential shops are open. Start promoting items not available because of the closures, like foaming soap. Due to shipping restrictions, focus local. Become an Affiliate marketer for products available right in your country.

What ideas have you got?

George McBride

Best Affiliate Program

Learn More about Crypto:

BitCoinLearnandEarn.gif

Bitcoin Basics PDF