Marketing Checkpoint

Options to start a membership site

Guest Philippe Moisan

Guest Philippe Moisan

Hello everyone,

I want to start a membership site. Not a TE or mailer, simply a site about video marketing.

For a long time, I had considered using a WordPress plug-in. But right now, I am thinking of starting it on the Ning network.

The reasons are that I'm not a programmer, and if my site was hacked or in trouble, I'm afraid it could be tough to recover, or it would cost a lot. Maybe I'm paranoid.

I don't know much about Ning. They have a 14-day trial, after that you pay minimum $25/month for 1,000 members. It seems pretty easy to set up.

Would you go ahead with a WP site ? Or do you know other alternatives to Ning ?

Thanks!

Philippe

As far as I know ning is just for social communities, I'm not sure what control you would have in there for what you want to do... what is it you are looking to do with video marketing - like training? I would think wordpress would be better suited or at least with plug-ins you can make it do mostly whatever you need.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depending on your strategy/plan, knowledge of Wordpress & coding, and how much time you want to spend developing a website, there may be less complicated solutions. Do you want a social network? That's what Ning is designed to provide, but in terms of content delivery, drip feeds, and the marketing capabilities...I'd be surprised if you'd be happy with Ning as a solution (depending on your plan).

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

Guest Philippe Moisan

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

I decided to go ahead with Optimize Press. The drip feed part is what made my decision clear, thanks to Matt for confirming that. Also, I'd like solid support, and Optimize Press seems to offer that.

Philippe

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

I decided to go ahead with Optimize Press. The drip feed part is what made my decision clear, thanks to Matt for confirming that. Also, I'd like solid support, and Optimize Press seems to offer that.

Philippe

How are you doing with Optimize Press?

Hustle. Do everything in your power to reach beyond your goals.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can also get membership sites from Worldprofit by becomming a Silver dealer there, Worldprofit has membership sites for sale.

I had not heard of this site before...have you used any of their services or bought a membership site from there? How is the quality?

I have been with Worldprofit for 5 years now and have found it to be well worth my time and money. We have live training every Friday and a boat load of tools which would cost tones of money all in the monthly membership. Check it out at http://theminiurl.com/ke02 for more information. Also if interested in the kind of training before you go further go to http://www.worldprofittube.com/video.cfm?videoID=430 and shck out the training session.

Amy questions contact me through this forum by email glhworldprofit@gmail.com.

• 1 month later...

I recently came accross this membership site script..I downloaded the script, but to be honest, im not even sure where to start. So this is still hanging on my dashboard. Either way, is free and complete, you can offcourse purchase additional plugins to it to make something more massive.

Depending on what you are looking for, perhaps you can have a look here :)

Then again, since I myself have this script, im very open for ideas to start something simple but profitable :)

Best,

Bruno

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you want to make as much money as possible, you need to implement some kind of recurring charge option that will re bill the client without their specific approval each time.  When I'm crunching my own numbers at year end, I notice the products/services that have cost me the most are the ones that are auto-withdrawal.  So when implementing the payment portion of your site, think long and hard about making the costs ongoing, as opposed to larger one time payments.  My 2 cents anyways.