#21 weblord

weblord

Weblord of www.Nabaza.com & www.NameHost.us/www.1weblord.com

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • LocationThe Philippines

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:11 PM

i collect first name, at the least with the email address so i can personalize the email.

but it's not required field.

some people still wants to remain anonymous at least i have another field to get the username.

well i like leaving my username and email.

Most marketers now are advising to NOT use the name field to collect when trying to get someone to join your list, because the more fields you have someone to fill out the lower the conversions will be. This means to get the highest conversions on your form is to ONLY use the email field. 

Do you like to know the names of the people on your list, or are you just collecting the email?

Do you feel most people have figured it out that if they see their name in an email that it was automatically put there and it's not really personal?

#22 iNetMoney

iNetMoney

Solid Ground

• Bronze
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:20 PM

I like to collect the names of my prospects.  It's a good point of reference (to me).

If a prospect refuses to submit the name, then so be it.

Some will, some won't.

If they want to information bad enough it won't be a problem. :)

I'm on the same train of thought when it comes to this, I'm collecting First, Last name, and geographic location from my email subscribers.
It's slow going but i think its worth it in the long run. But then i also offer an SMS and Push notification subscriptions options as-well.

fsr.jpg

#23 weblord

weblord

Weblord of www.Nabaza.com & www.NameHost.us/www.1weblord.com

• Bronze
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts
  • LocationThe Philippines

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

because of the gdpr privacy policy, people will even hesitate to submit their first name now, just leave alone an email.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users