Marketing Checkpoint

Craig's List

market101

Do you advertise on Craig's List?

If not, why not?      It's FREE!

I live in Calif. and here is an ad I placed in Philadelphia.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/biz/5129950084.html

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

The secret is to keep changing venues.  First I renew several times.  Then I delete the ad.   Then I place the same ad in a different city.

The secret is to keep changing venues.  First I renew several times.  Then I delete the ad.   Then I place the same ad in a different city.

I noticed you're not using a tracking link.. how do you know what kind of results you are getting from craigslist? Also I've heard sometimes they "ghost ban" people at times, not sure if that is the correct term, but it means you will see your ad but other people will not.. you must have avoided it by only having a limited amount of ads at a time and deleting your old ones? I think that's important for anyone looking to give it a try.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

I noticed you're not using a tracking link.. how do you know what kind of results you are getting from craigslist? Also I've heard sometimes they "ghost ban" people at times, not sure if that is the correct term, but it means you will see your ad but other people will not.. you must have avoided it by only having a limited amount of ads at a time and deleting your old ones? I think that's important for anyone looking to give it a try.

Hi Daren,

I just started using  http://instanttrafficgeneration.com/aff/9781  .  They have a great tracking system.  As you said, I don't run too many ads at the same time.  No more than three.  Also, I always check my ad from another email address.  So far I have only placed my ads in cities with large populations.  I do not have any experience with small cities.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, the drawback to using Craig's List, especially in big cities, is that your ad is only seen for a short time, because other users are piling on their ads after you.

That's why it is important to hit the `renew` button frequently.  Also, if you add a picture, it appears just under your Subject Line and people see it right away.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't post on there each day, and I keep it local.

I also do not use a blatant tracking link there.

(This seems to bring out the flag police)

I may only post a few ads in the Biz Opps category each week.

It's a very sensitive site, however there are things

you can do (especially with the headlines) to get

your ads to stick.  Definately use Craigslist, though.

It still works. 

Don't mislead, don't over do it, but keep it consistent. :)

• 1 month later...

I tried it a long time ago and got pretty dismal results. Of course back then I no strategy whatsoever,just threw random ads out and waited for my inbox to be "flooded with an unstoppable torrent of payments" just like the ad promised.

I should probably take another look at it.

He there;

I have advertised on Craig's list a couple of times and found it hard to attract the right kind of audience. Most people are not looking for a opportunity to build a business or generate wealth from self education. Most want instant gratification from a pay check and then blame you for trying to help them change their lives. I find they don't wnat change; they want what they have always done to bring them results from what they don't want to do.

Interesting....

Later

Robert

He there;

I have advertised on Craig's list a couple of times and found it hard to attract the right kind of audience. Most people are not looking for a opportunity to build a business or generate wealth from self education. Most want instant gratification from a pay check and then blame you for trying to help them change their lives. I find they don't wnat change; they want what they have always done to bring them results from what they don't want to do.

Interesting....

Later

Robert

That describes the majority of people in this world.....

• 1 year later...