Marketing Checkpoint

Guest mrclean0325

It is mechanically a decent program. It does have a lot to offer BUT I am not sure what is going to happen to it. I bought a lifetime upgrade and was starting to see some income. The owner sent out an email, which I am sure was a segway to the "new" Power Builder system, about the system being old and not upgradeable. It had the effect of scaring a lot of people and then POOF, everyone I signed up left. The new system is a compete mystery and to my understanding, the "lifetime" upgrade I bought is null in the new system. It sounds good, but marketing it without even a hint or seeing it - is well like buying a pig in a poke.

They are heavily asking for charter members to a program which has no set release date (or even seen) and want people to still get signups and market the charter membership. I emailed support the week before last about any news on when it will be ready and was told there would be an update Friday. There was an email Tuesday about a new payment option for the charter membership and not much about anything else.

I still see it marketed in all the usual places still even today.

I just can't do that in good conscious if I can't say it works when it really does exist yet...you know what I mean?

So I am just waiting to see what happens at this point. When it actually launches (and it is all they say it will be) - then I will decide what to do at that point.

Just my 2 cents...

It is mechanically a decent program. It does have a lot to offer BUT I am not sure what is going to happen to it. I bought a lifetime upgrade and was starting to see some income. The owner sent out an email, which I am sure was a segway to the "new" Power Builder system, about the system being old and not upgradeable. It had the effect of scaring a lot of people and then POOF, everyone I signed up left. The new system is a compete mystery and to my understanding, the "lifetime" upgrade I bought is null in the new system. It sounds good, but marketing it without even a hint or seeing it - is well like buying a pig in a poke.

They are heavily asking for charter members to a program which has no set release date (or even seen) and want people to still get signups and market the charter membership. I emailed support the week before last about any news on when it will be ready and was told there would be an update Friday. There was an email Tuesday about a new payment option for the charter membership and not much about anything else.

I still see it marketed in all the usual places still even today.

I just can't do that in good conscious if I can't say it works when it really does exist yet...you know what I mean?

So I am just waiting to see what happens at this point. When it actually launches (and it is all they say it will be) - then I will decide what to do at that point.

Just my 2 cents...

I would think when someone buys and existing system all prior members would be grandfathered in. The new owner bought the system because of something and you would think the current membership would be part of the reason and as such the new owner would do what they can to keep the members happy not chase them away.

Garrett

Guest mrclean0325

It is not a new owner, it is an upgraded new system. It is supposed to be "the best thing since sliced bread" with all the newest technologies. All the lists from the old system are supposed to be taken into the new system. The old system will mostly still be there as far as the tools besides the autoresponder, at least they are saying.

It wasn't clear in the web conference I attended about how the lists will be imported. So far the only thing about the new system has been talk. No demo sites, mock ups, or anything to indicate it actually exists. It has been months this way. there was a BIG push for charter members at first and very little lately except a new payment plan to become a charter member at around a CNote.

My fear is they need the cash from charter members to finish (or even make) the new system. If everyone is member with a one time payment for life, I don't see how it will survive. The new system at the lower levels is a 100% member to member type payment. The company doesn't get a cut until they upgrade further up the levels. Servers need money each month. So it is a wait and see for me.

Hi mrclean0325

Thanks for your knowledge.  I joined 12secondcommute in April 2013 and also paid for a Life membership. I thought the program had lots to offer, which was great.

Then I paid money for Best Charter Account also which apparently failed and the money was suppose to be refunded.  Shortly after that the owner sent out emails saying they were having financial difficulties and could anyone donate.  Quite a few people did and I guess my money that was suppose to be refunded was also used for a donation.

Next came the overhaul for the whole system which took several months.  Now they want to charge for new membership!

There were so many different parts to the system, I thought it was amazing how many components there were.  If they had of left it alone at some point to even see if it would work maybe advertising it would of been less work for the members.

I wish them well, however, I don't feel this is good business and I am not paying again.  I would rather cut my losses now.

Free 'Advertising System' Traffic & Exposure

http://llclick.com/280m4k5s

Guest mrclean0325

Yeah, the asking for donations and all of that is what killed my downline there. Everyone disappeared after that and so did any income I had from it. I haven't really marketed it since. I still read the updates and just wait to see what happens, but whether I will do anything else with it is still questionable. It is a shame since it was such a great concept, but like so many other programs - things sometimes go wrong. Changes are made that don't make it as well worth the time to do anything with.

Like Get Paid Social, it started out and I had high hopes. The owner then decided there were no free members, then he changed his mind, then there was nothing to click, then the amount per ad was dropped, then you had to pay to get access to surveys (even though they didn't pay out for 60 days), and on and on.

Consequently, at least for me, awesome "one-time lifetime offers" for a program have lost their luster since the "lifetime" may be a few months or years at best.

• 3 months later...

I joined 12SC a few in September (2016).

Haven't been in that long. I did earn about

$130 and only paid the $27 for one year.

As mentioned above; lots have changed recently!

I am no longer promoting this until I SEE the new

system. I don't care much for some of the tools there

and am .......waiting.

I contacted the owner a couple weeks ago because

he has sent out a VERY LONG update awhile back

and said the new system was going to launch November

11th.........

When he never updated us after the 11th, I emailed him.

He told me he would "update us on Monday or Tuesday next

week".

That was over a week ago! Nothing since.

I don't recall him asking for donations though.

Must of been before I was a member, otherwise

I would of NEVER joined.

Hope this helps.

Warmest Regards,

John Lederer

Marketer since 1995

Online since 2000

Guest mrclean0325

I haven't heard anything from them in quite awhile, and yes, the "donation" thing was long before your joining in Sept. of this year. I won't make my final determination until I see the final system either. I have spoke to Darryl a few times on the phone though not recently and there was a flurry of activity about everyone buying the largest package and getting "lifetime" access (though I am very wary of the "lifetime" since I bought the 12SC lifetime package) There were a few webinars in their conference room, but a few questions weren't answered very well. Mostly concerning if any lists in 12SC would be able to be imported into the new program. I personally haven't done anything with 12SC since the "donation" thing as I didn't want to get something built and it disappear.

I have been a member since the early ISO Register days and have used the Marketing tools quite extensively, I spoke to the owner about 45 days ago about paying for the new membership because of the PayPal fiasco.

He told me then that they would instigate a Payza payment gateway eventually in the mean time he gave me a Founders Account because I took the Lifetime Membership way back when they changed from ISO Register.

I will continue to use all the Marketing Tools and I will continue to promote as it is not costing me any more.

• 2 weeks later...

When I hear things like the comments above, I get more than just a little cautious. When owners do the sort of thing mentioned in the comments above, they destroy their reputation and make it even harder to promote their product or service or opportunity the second time around. If they will not grandfather the upgrades into the new system, I would think long and hard about spending any more money on them.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

I have been a member since the early ISO Register days and have used the Marketing tools quite extensively, I spoke to the owner about 45 days ago about paying for the new membership because of the PayPal fiasco.

He told me then that they would instigate a Payza payment gateway eventually in the mean time he gave me a Founders Account because I took the Lifetime Membership way back when they changed from ISO Register.

I will continue to use all the Marketing Tools and I will continue to promote as it is not costing me any more.

It appears that the owner has deserted it's members.

Still NO update on the "new system". You mentioned "you will

still promote" this? Why promote this to people when the owner

is not around to update it's current members?

Would you want to join a program (with outdated tools) where

the owner said "we will begin the new system on November 11th..."

Yet, we've heard zero from him since!

I have stopped promoting 12SC (in consideration

for others). I never cared for the tools anyway.

Warmest Regards,

John Lederer

Marketer since 1995

Online since 2000

Hi mrclean0325

Thanks for your knowledge.  I joined 12secondcommute in April 2013 and also paid for a Life membership. I thought the program had lots to offer, which was great.

Then I paid money for Best Charter Account also which apparently failed and the money was suppose to be refunded.  Shortly after that the owner sent out emails saying they were having financial difficulties and could anyone donate.  Quite a few people did and I guess my money that was suppose to be refunded was also used for a donation.

Next came the overhaul for the whole system which took several months.  Now they want to charge for new membership!

There were so many different parts to the system, I thought it was amazing how many components there were.  If they had of left it alone at some point to even see if it would work maybe advertising it would of been less work for the members.

I wish them well, however, I don't feel this is good business and I am not paying again.  I would rather cut my losses now.

Phyllis,

I know absolutely nothing about 12 second commute except what you and mrclean0325 wrote. But that is all I need to know, that is more than enough to declare the site a SCAM. How many memberships do you need in one website? You have a "Life membership" and a "Best Charter Account" and it that does not cover everything the site has to offer now and in the future, it is a SCAM. Like how many memberships do you need to buy on one website?

Hi blueunicorn2

I really don't think 12second commute could be called a scam, I just think the owner keeps trying

to make it bigger and better.  He seems to have some good ideas, however, I think he could of gotten

all his ideas together, talked to his tech and put it all together before he launched.  There have been changes

in several programs in the recent past but that was because other things had to be changed like severs,

payment processors etc.  So good time to make other changes as well.  And I do think all the payment

requests from 12second commute is also part of not being able to set an amount and stick to it.

So the members are basically paying for the upgrades.  He kept all the members updated on a consistent

basis, however, I got the impression from the updates, there was some confusion there.

We are all learning and some people figure its better to put your ideas into action so they don't disappear.

Guess the ticks need to be worked out first before it goes live.  I consider it money lost.

How many people haven't lost money online or bought something that turned out to be not what they thought

it was going to be?

Free 'Advertising System' Traffic & Exposure

http://llclick.com/280m4k5s

Hi blueunicorn2

I really don't think 12second commute could be called a scam, I just think the owner keeps trying

to make it bigger and better.  He seems to have some good ideas, however, I think he could of gotten

all his ideas together, talked to his tech and put it all together before he launched.  There have been changes

in several programs in the recent past but that was because other things had to be changed like severs,

payment processors etc.  So good time to make other changes as well.  And I do think all the payment

requests from 12second commute is also part of not being able to set an amount and stick to it.

So the members are basically paying for the upgrades.  He kept all the members updated on a consistent

basis, however, I got the impression from the updates, there was some confusion there.

We are all learning and some people figure its better to put your ideas into action so they don't disappear.

Guess the ticks need to be worked out first before it goes live.  I consider it money lost.

How many people haven't lost money online or bought something that turned out to be not what they thought

it was going to be?

I agree it's (at this point anyway) that it's not a scam.

My big issue: we never hear anything from the owner!

He was SUPPOSED to launch the new system on November 11th.

I wrote him a few days after that time lapsed & he said he

would "be contacting all of us on Monday or Tuesday, after

he contacts his programmers"...........This was a MONTH ago.

Warmest Regards,

John Lederer

Marketer since 1995

Online since 2000

Guest mrclean0325

Those that paid for the new "lifetime" account are probably very upset to have paid for vaporware which I am sure many are now feeling it is vaporware. I just couldn't see doing it when there was no mock-up site, no screenshots, no nothing but them telling us how great it will be. Even if it does finally launch, the trust factor is pretty well destroyed. That and not hearing anything since the last huge push for everyone to get the new account, then crickets for the past few months.

Hmm, maybe they should use an autoresponder to send out a broadcast with information or something....I hear there are companies out there that use those for such things. :P

Hi blueunicorn2

it was going to be?

Since when does "I consider it money lost". NOT equal SCAM!

Guest mrclean0325

I am not so sure I share your sentiment.

Yes, it did explain about the delay because of a problem with the programmers. It also gave no indication as to when or if the new platform will ever launch because of the unsolvable at this time problem with the programmers. There was some work done on the original site, but nothing dramatic. Months ago the original site was SO technologically behind which was why the new platform was being built. So now it is OK now I guess?

For me, since this is the second time such things have happened in a few years I have been a member, it concerns me greatly. There are other autoresponders out there and the script used is old and it needs updated. The advantage was the system and the extras. Since your "list" is the most valuable asset you can build online, you want to be confident the service will continue into the future. Not too sure with this one...

I am not so sure I share your sentiment.

Yes, it did explain about the delay because of a problem with the programmers. It also gave no indication as to when or if the new platform will ever launch because of the unsolvable at this time problem with the programmers. There was some work done on the original site, but nothing dramatic. Months ago the original site was SO technologically behind which was why the new platform was being built. So now it is OK now I guess?

For me, since this is the second time such things have happened in a few years I have been a member, it concerns me greatly. There are other autoresponders out there and the script used is old and it needs updated. The advantage was the system and the extras. Since your "list" is the most valuable asset you can build online, you want to be confident the service will continue into the future. Not too sure with this one...

I must say I agree with you. ....

Warmest Regards,

John Lederer

Marketer since 1995

Online since 2000

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest mrclean0325

It is official....it is dead. This is the email I got today. So you need to get your lists out ASAP as you have little time left.

"This letter is to inform you that all my sites will be closing on
Thursday June 1.

I am sorry for the little notice but have been doing all I could to
save this business.

I have fought this day for years and kept investing more and more
money into the business hoping that at some point we could make it
work but after sinking over $250,000 of my own money and tens of
thousands of dollars from family and members who contributed help
money, I just cannot go on any longer.

My hosting company will shut the sites down June 1 as I cannot afford
to keep paying from my own pocket.

I cannot tell you how badly I feel for having to take this action and
I realize this will cause issues for you and that has been the main
reason I kept putting more and more money into the business to try and
save it.

But at this point it is just time to stop and start working toward
recovery.

I want to sincerely thank those of you who have supported me over the
years both financially and with your friendship and help.

I have always worked this business the way I would want to be treated
and while I have made mistakes, I have always taken the high road and
told the truth and never hid from anyone.

I have spent the last 2 days making calls to dozens of people to try
and get someone to take over the business but struck out with those I
talked with and got no return calls from others.

We all have decisions to make in life and sometimes those decisions
are not popular but they have to be made and this is without a doubt
the hardest decision I have ever had to make.

I have refunded all that I had left in PP and canceled all
subscriptions as well.

This email address will cease to work June 1 as well because
everything I have is tied into my domains.

I will not hide from this situation and if you want to contact me, you
can reach me at my ISPO or Yahoo email.

Darryl@ImSoProudOf.com or d20graham@Yahoo.com

I would provide phone numbers but have no idea how long they will
continue to work.

I will be going to work this afternoon at an outside company to start
my process of getting back on my feet and will not be back until after
1am my time so if you do email me, it will be tomorrow before I can
get back to you and by then the sites will be gone.

I will be devoting all my time and attention to the ISPO books with a
new approach to those.

So I will say good-bye and good luck with all you do and again I
apologize for taking this action and thank everyone for all you have
done with and for me over the last 18 years.

You can export your leads from the Autoresponder by going to the My
Subscribers section and clicking on the Export Subscribers but this
must be done before they close the sites as once they are closed, I
cannot get anything back.

Thank You,
Darryl Graham"

• 2 months later...
Guest mrclean0325

Funny MrClean, I received that email the day before he shut the program down!  Doesn't give anyone much time to deal with their lists.

What is funnier still is the program is still running! Someone bought it and it is still there. Though there has never been an email from them or any updates as to what is exactly going on....go figure!