Marketing Checkpoint

Some clarification on the PayPal issue...?

davepilgrim

Many members of this forum will also be members of Leadsleap so will probably have seen the email sent out by Leadsleap's admin Kenneth this morning.

For those who haven't, I've pasted part of it below as it represents the most detailed explanation I've yet seen of what is happening with PayPal at the moment.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................​

What Has Happened?

Last Friday, our Paypal account was limited due to violation of Paypal’s AUP (Acceptable Use Policy).

I was puzzled because I honestly didn’t think that we’d done anything wrong. I thought they had misunderstood us as an ‘ad pack’ system.

I wrote them a long letter explaining why we are not an ‘ad pack’ or matrix or mlm or ponzi system.

At the same time, within 24 hours, we replaced our payment system with Payza.

I’m glad to see that members continue to upgrade via Payza. Thank you! Thank you!

The Paypal AUP department was closed on Saturday and Sunday. We couldn’t do anything on those two days.

On Monday, we received an email from them saying that they were looking into our appeal.

On Tuesday, our appeal was rejected. They said that our program pays members to read ads. The only way to remove the limit on our Paypal account is to remove Paypal from our system.

We did as told.

On Thursday morning, the limit was removed. Our account was restored.

Can We Win Paypal Back?

Yes. Paypal is actually open for discussion.

They don’t like the idea that we pay members to view ads. I think they are worried that we may become another ‘Traffic Monsoon’.

If we remove the pay-to-click component of our program, i.e. members will earn credits for traffic, not for cash, there is a very high chance that Paypal will approve us again.

Will that affect the ad traffic? Definitely. But I believe there are always other ways to encourage members to view ads. Monetary incentive is just one of them.

Should we make that move, we will allow members to cash out all their earnings with no minimum requirement, and we will run the system as a traffic exchange system with no pay-to-click component.

This is an important decision. I hope to hear your opinion on this.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Now, from what Kenneth says in this announcement, it does sound like PayPal are being quite reasonable and open  - but....

I suggest you also read the full blog post HERE because there are replies there pointing out that other TE/Mailer owners who DON'T pay people to read ads have also been targetted by PayPal, so really, who can say what PayPal will or won't do?

The groundswell of opinion is definitely that we need to move to Payza :angry: ​

The way it is going I don't see the situation where they approve him after removing pay to click, he might as well keep it and integrate other payment processors. I believe that is the route everyone should take at this point.

PayPal is being too wishy washy, they are telling people all different things, even giving false hope until they block them again.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

I think it's best to stay clear of Paypal completely until we know how far this goes. Not sure if sites like JVZoo will be affected if Paypal extends it's ban there. 

I'm sure many members of Leased Ad Space have just read on how even some members have had their Paypal accounts limited.

On a side note people should be very wary as the scammers will start sending out those phishing emails stating "Your Paypal account has been limited" Don't log into a link in an email.

On a side note people should be very wary as the scammers will start sending out those phishing emails stating "Your Paypal account has been limited" Don't log into a link in an email.

That is the ONLY bit of good advice I have seen concerning the PayPal issue since this has started.  You should NEVER click a link that goes a financial site.  And please

don't respond to a query for account verification, I beg of you.

I don't blame PayPal for what's going on in the TE/VM world, they are just trying to protect themselves.  Seems to me PP is shutting down everyone because of the 'penny here and penny there' mentality included in what seems to be most TE/VM's.  Unfortunately there is a lot of collateral damage due to association.

If your goal is to build a business, you will never do that by earning $.01 at a time anyway.

Guest mrclean0325

I just read in the Clixsense news that many of the non-PayPal processors are having issues taking USA deposits and many have no check or ACH options for payment. This includes Payza having problems taking deposits from USA again. Since most of the programs have switched to Payza it may not be THE solution to the problem many are now facing. If you can't deposit, you can't make a payment to anyone. If you get money into them, how do you get it out if there are no options for a payout? Some are limited to the countries they can even deal with.

Everyone needs to realize these payment processors are not banks and don't have to follow any of the rules banks follow. You use them at your own risk and have to follow their TOS just like anything else online. Since many of the payment processors (besides PayPal) are not US based, those in the US will have issues depositing money in a foreign country and it may get worse after the US elections. Payza(AlertPay) itself has been ordered by the US courts to payback the millions from the Zeek Rewards debacle. Since they are a foreign owned company, I am not sure how that will all shake out. So no good solution in sight for the payment processor problem.

And the dance continues....

The Internet Marketing Industry is going through a bit of shaking at the moment with PayPal being phased out, and other processors being ushered in.

Don't worry everybody, this soon shall pass lol :)

I remember about 4 years ago, 2 Checkout stopped processing payments for my main income generating website pretty much overnight, as well as cancelled ALL

my recurring billings.  At the time it was devastating, but if that didn't happen I never would have implemented my own dedicated merchant account , and because of that

I am making more money than I would have if 2CO kept running along as usual.

My attitude is if life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

The Internet Marketing Industry is going through a bit of shaking at the moment with PayPal being phased out, and other processors being ushered in.

Don't worry everybody, this soon shall pass lol :)

I remember about 4 years ago, 2 Checkout stopped processing payments for my main income generating website pretty much overnight, as well as cancelled ALL

my recurring billings.  At the time it was devastating, but if that didn't happen I never would have implemented my own dedicated merchant account , and because of that

I am making more money than I would have if 2CO kept running along as usual.

My attitude is if life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

I LOVE that attitude :) 

This whole PayPal shake-up can be a blessing if we approach it as such.

Maybe the question we should be asking isn't necessarily which payment processor we should use instead of PayPal, but rather how can we change the way we're working and the products or services we're promoting in order to come in line with PayPal's policies.

After all, I suspect PayPal will still be the biggest, most trusted payment processor in the world after this - that world is a hell of a lot bigger than TEs, viral mailers and downline builders and if we want to grow as individuals and as a community maybe we should be looking at developing our whole approach to internet marketing.

Just saying...

I think it's a perfect opportunity to switch to cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and now new Swisscoin. Once people get used to them, I think they will serve the internet better than old fashioned payment processors.