Marketing Checkpoint

A Warning To All Safelist Users

rpsmith

trojanhorsexxx-tech-support-scam.png

Those messages are what is known as Javascript alerts (scam tech support companies buy them to use for their businesses) and they cannot do any harm to your computer. They are intended just to get you to think there is a problem.

Sometimes you may find it difficult to get rid of the alert however and in this case it's best to just close the browser using Alt + F4. Some javascript codes are designed to listen to where your mouse heads (simialr to that of a splash page that detects your mouse is moving off the page so shows you a last chance popup) so it's recommended to use your keyboard rather than your mouse to close them.

Aside from that they are harmless and if you want to have a laugh and prevent someone else being scammed you can dial the number and waste a bit of their time. Always remember they will try to convince you your computer is damaged and they usually do this through the command prompt and the event viewer as the event viewer always shows errors and warnings no matter how in shape your PC is. 

If you are experienced enough and want to really waste their time then set up a virtual machine on top of your existing one and then take the "Microsoft technisheern" through the steps to connect to your system. They can't do anything to your actual system because they will only be viewing the virtual machine and most don't even know it! 

Otherwise just close the popup and carry on as normal. You don't need to do a virus scan as nothing can be put on your computer without your explicit consent (ie you download and open something). 

I'm not exactly sure they are harmless.  I had to go through a lot of work once from one of these ads cleaning up my computer.  I even could see their stuff in my files.  Be careful out there

OytX5V1.gif

I'm not exactly sure they are harmless.  I had to go through a lot of work once from one of these ads cleaning up my computer.  I even could see their stuff in my files.  Be careful out there

Trust me Ckoch they are harmless. The only way something like that would affect your computer is if you allowed it to download something and then you tried to execute it. 

If you have tried coding in Javascript and Jquery you'll see not a lot can happen without your say so. Certainly nothing that would allow Javascript to access your physical OS and drives. 

These are not classed as malware or spyware. They are simply Javascript Alerts that can be achieved with the simple line alert('Your message'); 

Owner of The Downliner, VMPayday and Trck.Biz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anything like this should definitely be banned on any safelist, it is NOT ok!

I keep running into this with Bill Nelson's traffic exchanges

that is exactly right its up to the program owner to clean out programs that can hurt their surfers.  I like Bill Nelson its too bad if that is true he usually takes care of things.

OytX5V1.gif

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank for this warning. I have not seen this online but if i come across it, i will simply follow what you mentioned here.

$3000 Commission And Unlimited Visitors - Here Are What Admin Team Will Do For You To Get You Paid - Click Here

50,000 Visitors For Your Business From Admin - You Will Be Added To The List Of Those Qualified To Receive - $5 Per Ads Viewed / Websites Visited And $100 / $500 / $6,600 As Your Monthly Shares - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...