Marketing Checkpoint

Experience with Payza

Matt Koshko

I recently tried using a website that did not accept Paypal, so I signed up for Payza. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to use it because the verification transaction have yet to hit my bank account and my credit card decline a transaction to Payza. Needless to say, I am a bit skeptical, but if others here have had decent experiences, I'll keep trying.

Have you had to experience this mess? What is your opinion on Payza?

I still have trouble believing that Payza could not find a way to transfer funds to the U.S. for 2 years.  And then starting us  out again at 0 usd was absolutely unconscionable!  Payza sucks!  I will never give them any $ again.  On a positive note, I have never had a problem with PayPal.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

I use PayPal a lot for my UK business and never had any problems with it. I have a Payza account but was locked out along with all other UK customers and have never used it since, and I now use STP for purchases that don't accept PayPal. STP was complicated to set up and took ages to verify, but now that I'm fully verified it's easy to use.

• 2 months later...

Just as an update to anyone curious, my experience with Payza has had its ups and downs.

I funded my first account using my credit card for a certain amount in USD. However, in the backend, they converted it to Chinese Yuan and then back to USD. This conversion caused the charge to come through on my credit card for more in USD than originally agreed to. I inquired with both my credit card and Payza to figure out why (didn't know about the backend conversion...they claim it is how their third-party card processor works). Instead of responding to me, my credit card automatically did a chargeback for the difference between the actual charge and the agreed-upon USD, which got my Payza account locked. Payza support said my account could be unlocked for a fee of $25 per chargeback, but I never received the email that was supposed to allow me to unlock and pay the fee. No worries, because I had only a dollar or two left in my balance.

I abandoned that business account and opened a new one as an individual. I have only used it to receive funds and it is connected to my checking account, rather than a credit card (I couldn't add it if I wanted to, because their system recognizes the card as already in use by another account). It is a little frustrating that it takes nearly 5 business days to receive my withdrawals in my checking account, and the fees for money coming into Payza seem a little high, but so far this new account is functioning well enough. I would say Payza is okay to use, but do remain wary. I have heard of others keeping a balance in Payza and getting their debit card, but I am a little skeptical of that one.

Experiance with Payza for me are currently still perfect..

At the begin, it took some time to get verified, up to 2 weeks.. That was a little bit anoying but after that all the options, contact support are perfect. I contacted with payza about my bank and visa card. 8 hours later I've allready recieved a comment back. Great support..

I have a query in this area. One of the safelists I use is moving from PayPal to Payza. I know paypal is doing new things for those do business with them but I don't see the need to stop using PayPal in this. Am I missing something in this.

I don't think it would be wise for anyone to not accept PayPal, as that is what everyone is using especially in our industry. I think if someone has had their account frozen at Paypal for some reason (maybe PayPal thinks they are MLM or something)  then that is why they would not use it.

Founder of Marketing Checkpoint

My Blog

• 2 months later...
Guest mrclean0325

From what I had read a while ago (can't find the article now) AlertPay changed to Payza to try to escape the involvement, and legal issues, from the Zeek Rewards fallout. They didn't succeed.

I did find some recent articles that may spell out the end for Payza.

http://behindmlm.com/payment-processors/payza-and-obopay-under-criminal-investigation/

http://behindmlm.com/companies/zeek-rewards/zeek-receiver-caught-up-in-tangled-payza-lawsuit/

It seems those still using Payza may want to keep the funds they have low. They are in quite a mess. There are a lot more articles you can read to get a better history of what is going on with Payza.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had the same problems when Payza was Alertpay and loss money.

But I still use PayZa in addition to using PayPal.

Most of the programs that I promote use Paypal and PayZa.

I have not had any problems with PayZa...