Hi Fellow MCP Members,

How do you keep yourself motivated?

- Do you read self improvement books

- Listen to motivation tapes

- Watch motivation DVDs

- Attend Self Improvement Seminars

- Pray

- Etc...

Again,  How do you keep yourself motivated?

Wow what a great question. There are times I feel poorly and wonder if this is worth it. Mainly I just keep on driving forward one step at a time. Being motivated is difficult basically I just set a goal for the day and move towards it.

Hi Garrett,

Here's one of the ways that I start my morning by listening and watching Motivation videos on youtube:

Mindshift - Motivational Video - Viewed 5,614,911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fviFNrWKzZ8

There's a whole series of them listed on Youtube.

I listen to them while I'm posting ads. :ph34r:

Frankly, this give me an unfair advantage over most marketers. :P

I play competitive ping pong, sing in an a cappella quartet, read, belong to a book club, movie group, pinochle group, go to local performing arts shows and I am tearing out my lawn and replacing it with drought-tolerant plants.  I won't bore you with the honey-do list.

I use the computer and on-line programs to escape from all the other activities.  Now, to answer your question about motivation.  That's easy.  Self hypnosis.

There are two ways to face the future. One way is
with apprehension; the other is with anticipation  .

There is no motivation like success.  A few sales will go a long way toward keeping a person motivated. If you go day after day, spending hours each day promoting and have very little or nothing to show for it, its hard to stay motivated indefinitely.  I'm not talking about "instant riches" or being at the top of the leaderboard.  I'm speaking of incremental progress....just something that shows that your hard work has not been for nothing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Think about it... in your lifetime, how many great ideas have you or someone you know come up with?  And even told friends about?  But it was done over a beer and no one did anything about it...   Then later you saw someone on Oprah making their fortune off "your"idea?  This scenario plays out over and over.  What's the lesson?

Carter, Tracy D.

Great topic! This will help anyone who's struggling...

I would say there are four things I do consistently

1. Remind myself of my "why" -
  2. I watch short motivational videos on YouTube. My fav is Les Brown. YouTube is littered with Les Brown videos. This gives me a dose of inspiration.
  3. I pray
  4. I work on my mindset - along with your "why", your mindset is the fuel behind your business. Without either one you won't go very far. I use Tony Robbins stuff when I want to go deep!

Once in a great while I will pick up a book on personal development, but mainly I do those four things above more consistently. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a unique motivation. Get caught up in a fraud and try to figure out how you are going to make it all right, You have a choice either to quit of to get pumping so you can correct all that went bad in the scam.

I would consider that a valuable lesson that will stay with you forever!

Success and Failure is part of the same coin, you can't have failure without success and you can have success without failure.

Have you have heard the phrase, I failed my way to success! :)

Guest mrclean0325

Hi Fellow MCP Members,

How do you keep yourself motivated?

- Do you read self improvement books

- Listen to motivation tapes

- Watch motivation DVDs

- Attend Self Improvement Seminars

- Pray

- Etc...

Again,  How do you keep yourself motivated?

Yes to all of the above!

Thru creating my own goals and the desire to create the plan. Then by taking action on the plan. Reading good books on personal development and staying positive in working toward one's goals. Staying positive and being focused and constantly learning something new daily.