Marketing Checkpoint

Let's talk about safelist sites!

nice as in its a good thing or bad thing?

But really, people get sidetracked by other sites, or life events, etc and many become active again so I'm afraid to touch their stuff. Some have alot of credits, or upgraded accounts even. The only ones I have removed lately are highly suspect accounts like fake email or multiples.. or any ..other ..weird.. things.

Nice as in a good thing! :)

You're the first admin that I have heard that say:

“I will never ever remove inactives. Never have and never will.”

I agree with you 100%!

Are you a member of my sites? I dont see your username anywhere on them.

But.. I don't remove any inactive accounts because some come back, and that is from being online for so long and seeing things through time. Some come back even 2+ years later. How do I know? Because some take the time to open a support ticket telling me they appreciate that their account is still there and everything else is still there. They leave for medical reasons, deaths, to "take a break" or whatever else I have been told. So I have no idea when someone becomes active again, as I'm not psychic on every account. So, it would be a shame if I removed a potential or future active member OR buyer - and therefore removal of a potential new signup for members also - because they were to come back that week for all I know.

So, no, I will never ever remove inactives. Never have and never will.

So, you will never clean inactive members and active members will see not the actual number of active members,but bigger number. So, if we see you have 10,000 members it means that actually you have 1,000 members or even less. Who knows. Very nice!

So, you will never clean inactive members and active members will see not the actual number of active members,but bigger number. So, if we see you have 10,000 members it means that actually you have 1,000 members or even less. Who knows. Very nice!

Maybe that is the number for your sites, if you have them.

-You just go ahead and ignore everything I just said, and snub the wisdom of it, and pick a fight with someone else. I really don't care. Because I know what I'm doing, and pretty solid about it.

PHP Programmer - Internet Marketer - Web Designer - Advertising Network Owner

Celebrating 22 years in business - Since 1998

https://webstars2k.com

Nice as in a good thing! :)

You're the first admin that I have heard that say:

“I will never ever remove inactives. Never have and never will.”

I agree with you 100%!

Yay! So you get what I'm saying :) ! Thank you it made my day

I thought I would jump in here on the fire for a quick note about inactive members or active members. They are all members.

Personal experience: I was inactive in one site for over a year or so... but just recently decided to buy myself an upgrade on this specific site. (ummm... looks like im alive after all...)

Anyway, the point is, even if members are inactive for a long period, they might become buyers, one just never know.

Looks like the site owner on which I purchased an upgrade was happy enough not to consider me dead and made himself / herself a sale, I guess if you are a site owner, you might be loosing sales by deleting members.

If you are deleting members to increase % conversions, does not mean people will signup or buy anything, just confirms you are getting clicks, not necessarily more or less clicks even. Because by the end of the day, whether you have 10,000 or a 1000 members, 50 clicks are still 50 clicks. 

So this would mean, you re only deleting members so that the % of conversions look prettier compared to other sites but the results for the advertiser are still the same.

(I hope this made sense...)

Now guys, my best recommendation is do whatever you feels is ok with your site and when you are done with it.... go out, have fun and share a drink with your guys and gals instead of staring at the screen all day long reading nonsense and nettrollings. 

Cheerios  :)

Does anybody know what it is with the site: http://www.worldprofitassociates.com/, because I signed up, and I have not received any confirmation email?

Is a scam, a trick, or they collect emails to sell further?

If I may, it is not a scam. As for the confirmation look in your spam or trash folder. It can be a good source of traffic building services and info. However, they will want you to upgrade to silver membership and promote them. You will get daily emails from them trying to get you to upgrade. Is the upgrade worth it? I don't really know. I tried it some time ago, but dropped out because I could not afford the subscription payments.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

If a member is inactive from 6 months or more I am sure he/she will not come back anytime.

So, I delete them.

Some time ago, there was a certain wisdom to the idea of removing inactive members to keep the list fresh and the membership active. As stated before by others, they chose not to remove them because they might come back in the future. If I may, I would like to add a third possibility. If you keep the inactive members, you may be able to stir their interest in returning by offering contests for clicks, etc. You could also reward activity with cash and prizes. Does it work? I think it does. It sometimes helps to do things like this to keep your list members active. Just a thought.

Free Video Chat Service! Get Connected And Stay Connected!

Click Here!

There are other alternatives to deleting members and that is to stop them from receiving emails if they are not actively participating after a certain amount of time. Sort of a vacation mode. They can become active again should they wish to return, and their accounts remain intact. Methods of doing this would depend on the script. We do this in both our mailers.

"If you are deleting members to increase % conversions, does not mean people will signup or buy anything, just confirms you are getting clicks, not necessarily more or less clicks even. Because by the end of the day, whether you have 10,000 or a 1000 members, 50 clicks are still 50 clicks."

It is not the same, because for 10,000 members you have to earn 10,000 credits, and for 1,000 members - only 1,000 credits. So you have to  read more emails, earn more credits and finally you will get 50 clicks.

​So, it is very pleased by members , that owner will write every day that in his/her site now "xxx" active members, like Darren always did. I very appreciate this. Thank you Darren. 

You dont have to click more, if these are inactive, means they are not sending emails anyway, and when you are wered off click on emails, those who are active will be the ones opening your emails, no matter the amount of members on a site, so the point is still the very same and you clearly missed it...Anyway, I added my 2 cents on this topic and will leave it as it is....

Cheers 

"If you are deleting members to increase % conversions, does not mean people will signup or buy anything, just confirms you are getting clicks, not necessarily more or less clicks even. Because by the end of the day, whether you have 10,000 or a 1000 members, 50 clicks are still 50 clicks."

It is not the same, because for 10,000 members you have to earn 10,000 credits, and for 1,000 members - only 1,000 credits. So you have to  read more emails, earn more credits and finally you will get 50 clicks.

​So, it is very pleased by members , that owner will write every day that in his/her site now "xxx" active members, like Darren always did. I very appreciate this. Thank you Darren. 

Yes Clare, but you and Darren and another owners get the point. Be honest when you write the number of active members, not call inactive members as an active one and we will appreciate and trust you. 

No YOU are missing the point as I said a few posts ago and ...Ah gees so now we're dishonest... Whatever. Seriously. And pretty damned disrespectful whoever you are. (oh please do tell).

stv77 is one of the most active and dedicated members of both my sites. In reading mails, in sending mails and he has a downline of good active refs.

Regardless of my opinions on what's fair or not, I don't think any site (or owner) can be considered dishonest regarding their active member count. Different sites have different active member policies and when someone registers with a valid email address, they have activated their account until, if or when, they ever decide to unsubscribe. I've been using many safelists for years, including MaryAnne's (hers are quite good by the way), and I have and continue to get referrals from them. Something about their sheer size seems to work in its own way to attract new members to them, and that works too.  I just mail more often to sites that have a tight active member policy (like Darren's), and as mentioned above, ours are also quite tight.

• 3 weeks later...

Many list sizes are inflated. For example, if a site claims 100k list you can mail to, I would bet that 90% of that list is inactive and will never even look at the email. 

I can speak for myself that my sites are constantly scrubbed, so you ONLY send to a list that has a RECENT history of reading and clicking on mails. Anyone who is not reading we stop sending them mails, so 

as an advertiser you get the most value. Some other lists clean up their member sizes as well so you aren't sending to "dead"  prospects, but there are quite a few that will claim the higher numbers just to look good and as a result you

will receive a very low CTR because those people just aren't reading the email.

What are your sites that you have if I can ask?

Make money make money make money

http://bit.ly/2JVCqDK

When I saw for the first time that a mailer awarded 1 credit for a link, I thought it was an anomaly, but I've seen recently 0.5 credits at pekimailer.

What can I say? It is mockery or whatever the hell it mean?

I got a sign up from Peki Mailer the other day B)

Now 10 credits a mail,, but still a very small list to mail to. I get around 3 to 4% ctr there, but that's to a mailing of 230 or so members (10 clicks per send approx)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...